1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Otto Porter Movement] First it was just an afterthought, then came the movement, and now....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by steddinotayto, Nov 16, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Ingles is not only a good 3 and D player, he also runs the pick and roll very nicely.

BigMaloe, RudyTBag and Deckard like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is much more intelligent than someone like KJ McDaniels, but that is the sort of trade Elvis might pull at this point in the season, the “small trade” Codman alluded to after Thanksgiving. Just a 22-year old alternative to James Ennis essentially.

He is a career 30% shooter from three, so that’s a problem that needs work, but he isn’t a dumbass like MCW either, dribbling all over the place for only god knows why. He needs CP3/Harden more than anyone in the entire NBA, because he will never be the go-to offensive player the Pistons have wanted him to be. Sprint to the corners baby... :D Watch PJ.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

hes typically on the opposing teams best wing very much of the time. not horrible by any means. Big fan of ingles. he's the type of player many don't really take notice on how he impacts the game.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My question now is why would Utah want to move him? (Thanks for the info, guys) :)

5. HP3

HP3 Member

They wont, was just posting my thoughts on Joe Ingles haha.

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Better a Jingles thread than a dirty Holic Winslow thread. :D

BigMaloe, Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I understand hes always been pretty good from the corner. Probably was we put him there exclusively but on other teams he was more spread out. We increased his offensive efficiency output.

HP3 likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think he would be the primary backup for both the 4 and 5. I imagine with Clark emerging so propsperously he would more play every backup 5 minute and split the backup 4 minutes with Clark.

joshuaao and RudyTBag like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

For sure, it has worked out so well. Dude is shooting 61% from the right corner haha, that is absurd.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean sure, I'd make that deal at the deadline if nothing else materializes. Trade a wasted roster spot for a lottery ticket type. I wouldn't SEEK that trade though.

11. basketballholic

I didn't say I'd do it. And HE is good all the time.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That's what she said.

And there all pills for that (I hear).

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I love that Clint is able to go 34 minutes a night, but it would be nice to have Keef in there to get hot occasionally so the big man can get some rest. It's a long season.

Morey did have the hots for Keef back in the day If I recall correctly. I remember hearing that we would have drafted him over Marcus If we had the opportunity to.

#553 RudyTBag, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    da_juice and BigMaloe like this.
  14. basketballholic

Johnson would be a minor move that could lead to a major move later. He's an expiring salary and a free lottery ticket.

Erbnwarfare, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Can't you swing for his expiring contract now and re-route it to the third team for the players we need/want now? Just wondering.

16. basketballholic

Sure. And then move them again at the deadline.

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I would not mind Markieff at all. He's a tough defender and plays hard all the time. We have very little depth at the PF spot and he would be a great backup for Tucker. Plus, he's cheap and expiring.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And you would have his "bird rights" if things worked out well.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

I'd rather have James Johnson tbh lol.

basketballholic likes this.
  20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Between his price tag and his numbers falling off a cliff this year, I know why I’m hesitant.

What’s interesting is reading multiple posts of people complaining about Porter being gun-shy, not taking enough shots and essentially disappearing.

Does that sound familiar?

Say what you want about EG’s shooting this year, the man is fearless. I’d much rather have a fearless gunner taking shots and trying to get into a rhythm than to potentially have Ryno 2.0. I hope, for Porter’s sake, this isn’t a real issue. You’re making wayyyyy too much money to be afraid to take the shot.