1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The only way to defend Stephen Curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Jun 12, 2017.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Hes overrated, if he was on the magic instead of the superteam hes on he would be irrelevant

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Butthurt...

Curry is probably the best player in the NBA outside of Lebron and Durant.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

so salty. could say the same thing about your crush harden

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

hahahaha wait what, curry posted a PER Below 25 this year. the reason 2k gave him a 95 overall rating is because his fans kept b****ing at the 2k director that him being rated 92 was disrespect. Thats how things go in the curry world if you dont get what you wantm then this thing is rigged for money and ratings!"

and no curry is not better than harden, harden is getting better while curry is declining. switch harden and curry, and the warriors would have won the title as well especially with kd on that team

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

blah blah blah copy and paste yourself continuously. all the nutriding you do for harden makes people turn the other way a bit. yeah you're that bad

6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Harden is not overrated, know the difference. Harden gets called haren, even though he post positive defensive rating and win shares this year, harden was left off all-nba despite doing something that only jordon, hondo, and oscar accomplished in 2016. Harden first year as a pg he leads the nba in assists and has a 2,000/2,000 season

I could go on and on. HARDEN IS UNDERRATED

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden is garbage on defense. you're an idiot if you believe hes positive. there's no way to defend (LOL) that

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm fine with his take, but to put those guys AHEAD of Curry right now is dumb. Especially KAT.

verysimplejason likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

i get it though. putting those guys on his team bc they have the generational length and skillset for their respective sizes and all but I'm more of prove it first before you get credit.

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

expose him on defense, he is really bad there or ................

[​IMG]

11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

fixed.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

its funny you still have some people wanting to think curry is as bad as harden defensively

13. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

That's one thing, but I've come to realize that Curry is just so creative and crafty with the ball. Really the only way to stop him is if his shot isn't falling, but when that's happening, now you got KD or Klay to take over.

Really, Curry will be poppin 3 bottles for the next 5 years at an INCREDIBLE rate with nobody really stopping him.

15. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I agree with YOLO and think anybody who doesn't want to build a team around Curry is plain stupid. There are multiple things that make a championship team that rank way deeper than numbers.

Yes, Harden had a great season. But he still chose to re-sign a higher contract instead of telling Morey to go sign another player to make his team better. Curry didn't re-sign with the Warriors - they got Durant. Yes, he's due for a big paycheck now, but he is way more underpaid than Harden was two years ago.

Harden couldn't make it work with Dwight. Yes, Dwight has his flaws but a franchise player will find a way to maximise his team's strengths. Harden hasn't crossed that bridge yet.

Curry deferred to Durant early in the season in order to make him fit in. Harden expects the team to fit in around his game - he dribbles out the clock in clutch scenarios and the cutting and ball movement stops when it should be at its most fluid. Harden needs to graduate from this iso ball at the end of games.

If you notice, the players that tend to "shine" in the Rockets system are players who are able to sit at the three point line and wait for kick-outs. If you just think about the fact that the Warriors managed to incorporate two ball dominant players in Steph and Durant and get them to play cohesively off each other... its an incredible feat. People were saying before the season began "Durant, there is only one ball to go around".

I'm grateful for Harden, but please if we had the chance to get Curry I believe Morey would jump on it. I know I would. At the very least, I would much rather Curry take the step back three at the buzzer than Harden.

16. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

He is worse than Harden, the main difference is the effort. Steph doesn't get **** because he works his ass off on defense, the problem is his body doesn't allow him to be a good defender the same way that a big boned blonde girl will never be as fast as Usain Bolt.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

false.

but continue to think so. you'll just get reminded year after year how bad it is. all the hof have to find some way to bring curry down and that's the only thing they can find which is sad bc it isn't even true.

18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

OP has small penis issues

19. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Only way to find out would be if he goes to a team without good two way players. He is the only one who is a one way player at GS so yes they will continue to win because its a great TEAM with two way players all around. Also, I like Steph and think he is great so quit trying to imply that I think he is bad. He is only a bad defender compared to the avg player in the league. I'm not jaded by love or dislike for Steph but if you want to take advantage of GS you take it to Steph. There's a reason you don't see him defending the best guard on opposing teams, because Steve Kerr agrees with me.

20. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

He's much better than Harden, despite the athletic differences. Not only does Curry put in the effort, he has defensive awareness--he's always watching for screens so he can be ready to work around them, he's alert for steal opportunities (he's generally a league leader in steals), and he's smart about double teaming. If he were 6'5''-6'6'' with Harden's athleticism, he'd be a top defender, IMO.