1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official "Nugs Fans B*tching" Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Nuggets4, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I hate Dan Issel. NugzFan hates Dan Issel. Pretty much every Nuggets fan I know (except for one tool at the Denver Post board) hates Dan Issel. Why? I believe we've made it obvious with our statements over the past year or so. The man is an idiot. Thank God for Kiki. Unfortunately, Issel still has control over who he keeps and who he cuts. Which leads me to our next rant.....

From SportingNews.com:

"Cedric Ceballos and Isaiah Rider have both played well enough in camp to earn a roster spot. Only one of them is likely to make the team because each will make about $1 million this season, and to keep both of them would mean crossing the luxury tax threshold. Both have shown they can score in the preseason."

OK, cool, competition right? WRONG! We might cut one of those players (who both can still play well and have done pretty well in pre-season so far), so we can keep:

<b><i><u>Aleksander Radojevic?!?</b></u></i>

Um....someone wanna explain that to me? I mean, I can understand cutting a Ceballos or a Rider if you have someone with talent that's actually healthy, but Radojevic? Or the other possibilities to be the last man on our roster: Shawnelle Scott, Calbert Cheaney, Omar Cook and Kenny Satterfield. Wow.

Someone put the horse out to pasture.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled non-ranting basketball posts.

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

8 days and counting til the season starts....WOO HOO!!

:p

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Sorry, man. I wish I could kick Issel's ass for you.

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

5. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I am in Carolina. How does a man as stupid as Shinn get rich? He could have given Jordan 25% of the team and still increased his own net worth. Shinn is the one guy in the world who has ever rejected association with MJ. And now it looks like we'll lose the Hornets.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I keep telling you and NugzFan to become Rockets fans. At least that way you can have some hope of having a respectable team with a chance.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not that he's really worth doing all of this for, but Aleksander Radojevic was pretty solid comming into the league for that large of a guy. He was really agile and had a nice touch for a guy that big. I really hope that he can stay healthy.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You mean there are more then the two of you? :eek: :confused:

:D

I mean comeon are there really any Nugget fans in this world? Really a Nugget fan is just funny.

9. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I guess you don't have to worry about Radojevic anymore.

My question is this - without McDyess and Willis, do the Nuggets start Scott Williams the 5 and LaFrentz at PF?

I'm sure they'll deny it, but perhaps Nuggets4 & NugzFan are closet Rockets fans!!

#9 GATER, Oct 23, 2001
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2001
  10. Nuggets4

Well, if you guys are playing the Spurs or Lakers I <b>might</b> pull for the Rockets. That's about it. ;)

I see Raef still starting at center and Williams at PF until Dice gets back now. Williams is more of a PF than a C (IMO) and Raef's played C for so long we might as well keep him there.

11. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Why are you not going to cheer for us when we play other teams? Are we you third most hated team. That is not nice. ;)

12. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Yes, there is no reason to move LaFrentz out of his comfort zone. Williams is versatile enough and effective enough to play either PF or C, so he will help.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

The trade is pretty good for you. Basically, You're throwing in the towel this year. So what. Who cares. Without McDyess you have no hope in the West. You just got a younger player and a decent pick for next year. I consider it a decent deal for you in the longer run. In the short run, Exel will be pissed and the nugs will blow chunks.

14. Nuggets4

I wouldn't say we're gonna "blow chunks". We do have talent, and an incredible home court advantage. 30 wins minimum, and that's even with Issel coaching (the jack@ss).

Stevie, you're not my third most hated team (Lakers & Spurs are #1 and 2, easily), but you're a division rival and we need all the help we can get. :D

15. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

i am a rockets fan. nugzfan is my secret identity.

your mission is to figure out which of the 3000+ rocket fans on this board is actually me.

GOOOOOOOO ROCKS! (see?)

16. NugzFan

NugzFan Member

what? no way. this deal doesnt set us back. the dice injury did, but that hasnt changed. williams can do what willis did plus we get a little extra stuff here and there. im likin this.

i dont think van exel will be pissed either...its not like he and willis were buds.