1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Blame It On The Refs Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiracleShot, Mar 27, 2011.

1. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

This is the thread where you let out any hate you might be feeling for the referees. Doesn't even have to be from tonight's game. The referees and basketball gods have long screwed with us, and I don't think we should corrupt every thread complaining about the referees. So here's the thread to yell, scream, and rant about it all you want. I'll get it started ;)

NBA REFS ****ING SUCK THEY CALL MARTIN FOR FOULING WADE RIGHT ON THE BASKETBALL, AND THEN WHEN THEY HAMMER MARTIN THERE IS NO CALL! IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME TOO, THE REFS REALIZE THAT THE ROCKETS COULD POSSIBLY WIN THE GAME SO THEY JUST SCREW US BECAUSE THERE IS NO ****ING WAY THAT A ROCKETS TEAM WHO BLEW OUT THE CELTICS WHO ARE UNDEFEATED AGAINST THE HEAT COULD POSSIBLY CAUSE DWAYNE WADE TO MISS A LAYUP!

/rant

2. Braga

Braga Rookie

not refs fault, too many offensive rebounds and points in the paint = game over

3. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Whine, whine, whine

4. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Watch that play near the end of the game when Lowry missed the layup and then he himself tipped it back in (even though Bill said Scola did??).

Tell me that's not a foul. Then go tell the refs to off themselves.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

DeVry, DeVry, DeVry

1 person likes this.
  6. cdastros

cdastros Member

Get a rebound please. Pat Pat was just bad for the whole game. Scola played no defense. a Bud was just being Bud.

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Exactly! This thread should be retitled "The Eternal Lament Of The Losers".

8. Roxs-Redemption

If you want to type in caps can you make it a bit smaller..thank you

9. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Lame,lame,lame

10. Adrenachrome

Adrenachrome Member

It's fun watching superstars play and how they can take over a game at the end when it matters. I miss watching Tmac in his prime, he had a terrible supporting cast but damn it was still fun to watch.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Blame it on the a a a a a alcohol
    Blame it on the a a a a a a alcohol​

12. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I feel like complaining on the refs is irrelevant and in the long run the calls go even out and go both ways. And besides, the Rockets sure have themselves a nice group of floppers who will get questionable calls

13. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

There never was a time in this game to blame the refs. Rockets lost to better team with Superstar tonight. Superstars.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Eh, we got boned by the refs... To be fair, if anyone is surprised by this, they aren't really a Rockets fan...

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Want some cheese with that whine.

no but we were just not good enough today, refs or no refs.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

agree that refs were not the problem today, but if this thread will keep the whining out of the game thread, make it a sticky.

17. SeeingRocketRed

Really, we lost because of the refs, though the Rockets and Adleman both contributed. That's just the truth, even if it comes off as bitter whining. Lowry and Scola were holding up their hands like, "where's the foul call?" on several ridiculous non-calls. Just hacked and hacked, while Wade and LeBron got courtesy calls on the other end.

F superstar calls. It cost us at least 8 points in this game, and we lost by that much.

Of course we could have won anyway, duh. If we played better we could have overcome the 8 on 5 treatment. We could have outscored them by more than the 8 or so they got for free. But it was an uphill battle because of it.

It's a really disappointing likely end to a season.

The NBA's refs just don't call the games fairly, and everyone realizes it. Yes you have to just play through and hope for the best, but it is just disheartening. I wonder why I even bother to care about basketball when refereeing so often decides games, series, and champions. Just anoint and crown the favorites now and let's go watch some baseball.

18. conquistador#11

How are the refs not a problem? It's what's wrong with the entire association. The commissar wants to cut the budget? he should just have one ref call the game, instead of three. He would do just as badly. Besides..they already anticipate calls, so the single ref wouldn't even have to run full court. He could just get a chair and sit half court.
    =/

19. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Blame Yao, the refs...somehow Tracy McGrady.

It's the fault of everyone, except the guys who actually go out and play for this team.

20. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

CF are the only ones who think that refs in the NBA are good.

It's not even inferiority complex, it's umm...idiocy I guess. That's the only word I can think of.