1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The new big clutchcity.net bet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

OK, here's the bet:

Eddie Griffin will spend more minutes at the 3 this year than at the 4.

Rules: Eddie's minutes will be logged throughout the season using three stopwatches to be assigned randomly before each game to CC.net members not participating in the bet. Service on the rotating stopwatch committee is mandatory. Time reports will be averaged. Rounding off to the nearest 10 seconds is permitted. If there is a dispute as to exactly when Eddie checked in or out of a game, crispee's tape library will be consulted for definitive evidence.

All minutes spent on the court by Eddie while Maurice Taylor is playing will be counted as minutes at the 3, EXCEPT when neither Kelvin Cato nor Jason Collier is on the court, in which case Mo will be deemed to be playing the 5, and therefore Eddie MAY be deemed to be playing the 4, UNLESS Kenny Thomas is in the game as well.

All minutes spent on the court by Eddie while Glen Rice is in the game will be counted as minutes at the 4, UNLESS Rice is playing a post-up game on at least 60% of Rockets possessions, as determined by a set of on-court spacing measurements to be determined by a committee of non-bet participants before the season opener.

All minutes spent on the court by Eddie while neither Kelvin Cato, Jason Collier, nor Maurice Taylor is in the game will be considered minutes at the 5 and will not be counted on either side of the bet.

If Eddie is playing the 3 under the criteria set forth above but is guarding the other team's 4, he will be deemed to be playing the 3. If Eddie is playing the 4 under the criteria set forth above but is guarding the other team's 3, he will be deemed to be playing the 4.

Stakes: Posting privileges of losers of the bet will be suspended from 6 p.m. to midnight on all even-numbered days of the month and from sunrise to sunset on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month during daylight savings, excluding Jewish holidays. Disputes about precise sunrise and sunset times will be resolved by consulting that day's Houston Chronicle. In addition, the following forums will be closed to losers of the bet for the first week of each month until either (a) the Rockets win their 30th game of the season OR (b) the Rockets win their 3rd nationally televised game, whichever comes first: NBA Dish, College Corner & NBA Draft 2001, BBS Hangout, Comets 2001: The Drive for 5. Any Rockets game broadcast on a channel not included in the standard (first upgrade from basic) cable package will not be counted as a nationally televised game. Any Rockets game in which the televising network cuts away to another game before the start of the 4th quarter and does not return will not be counted as a nationally televised Rockets game.

All suspensions of posting privileges will be administered in a series of rotating 8-hour shifts by Clutch, Clutch's family, Jeff, keeley, myself, jerinrulz, RaptorsDynasty, and a team of lawyers to be interviewed, hired, and supervised by BrianKagy. All legal bills will be the responsibility of losers of the bet.

There are your instructions, gentlemen. Have at it.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ooooh, my head. :eek:

... and we of the "clique" demand to be included in the committee that you mention at the end! :mad:

3. Swopa

Swopa Contributing Member

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the above as definitive proof that George W. Bush is a do-nothing President.

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

LOL .. thats a crazy bet.

5. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Is there a list of this "clique" somewhere?

6. timm

timm Member

Clearly time to end ......this offseason......

anyway I think Eddie will play more 3 simply because Rice will miss a few games / minutes!!!

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'm in. I think he'll spend more time at the 3 myself.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

We can't say. It's all hush-hush, super-secret stuff...

9. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Cant we just bet on how many games would go by before ZRB starts whining and b****ing about how the Rockets are pathetic?

And if we do that, I got dibs on the first preseason loss we have.

11. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

12. Bingo

Bingo Member

Poor Doc feels left out.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What happens if keeley and Will can't learn how to do admin stuff on this new BBS by then, and BK really meant "it's been fun" as an "I Will"? Then Clutch will have to do all the work keeping bi-uids and renegers in line.

hold it....that's what did happen.

...I'm getting my bets mixed up with our BBS history.

Bring Back the Old BBS Bet!!!

14. Yakeem ASunKing

Am I correct in assuming that Marc Jackson (or White or mystery center) could go in along with Cato/ Collier if he should join the team? Also, when is the bet decided? Does this apply to each game or just the first? Or are winners and losers announced after averaging the entire season? I'm leaning towards the Griffin as a 3 camp.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Funny post Will. I guess I missed out on the conflict though. So what happened to THE BET? Did it get officially shut down or something? I still see some old names and new ones...I don't know...just curious.

16. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Will,

Is this the right forum for this?

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

DREAMer,

Will already has a bet thread in the feedback forum. And another in the hangout. He is either working on a full house, or going for a flush. I can't tell.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Griffin will spend most of the time at the 4 because out of shape taylor will stay in foul trouble again, thomas is 2 small, and thats it for our choices. Taylor avg 28 min per mainly because he was in foul trouble, so griffin can get 12 of those and 12 from the 3 spot. Rice will be the back up 2, so he can play 34 min per, but not all at the 3 spot. By the end of the year, most of taylors minutes will be given to griffin. Don't be surprised if griffin winds up playing about 28-30 min by the end of the year

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

[Stupid insensitive response deleted]

#19 Dr of Dunk, Aug 31, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2001
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Go check out the Feedback Forum; I think much of it culminated there...