1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Monitor] No Royce is no loss for the Vipers

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by Clutch, Mar 24, 2013.

1. BallWiz

BallWiz Member

u cant coach someone who has no love for the sport Royce puts everything before the sport which kids bust there ass to have a chance to wear a NBA jersey and this kid treats it like ****.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I can't wait for the pix of him penniless, livin under a bridge and pushin a shopping cart in a few years....

1 person likes this.
  3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This is the ass who vouched for Royce to friend Kevin McHale who recommended him to Morey. Has he had to answer for screwing us over?

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/baytownoil">baytownoil</a> My perception is coach &amp; players just look at him as a big body who needs to get in NBA shape and they don't pay him much mind.</p>&mdash; Action 4 Sports (@action4sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/action4sports/status/316589366187266051">March 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>@<a href="https://twitter.com/baytownoil">baytownoil</a> Now the vipers staff? GM, PR, etc.? I think they are tired of the headaches.</p>&mdash; Action 4 Sports (@action4sports) <a href="https://twitter.com/action4sports/status/316589548224274432">March 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. ngazi

ngazi Member

Higher picks have been wasted all the time.

6. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

his top 5 talent... if he didnt have all this problems we would be drafted 5

7. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i been trying to like royce and give him a chance, but ya... he'll never make it to the nba.

didn't mchale want to pick this guy?

8. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Who cares what a bunch of D League scrubs think of Royce and vice versa?
    Can he play? Yes. Will he ever get his act together enough to make the Rockets? Who knows? Seems unlikely at this point. But better to take a chance on a guy like him then worry about the scrubs at RGV. Or a guy relegated to writing articles about RGV. He must love being able to bring an NBA player into his little world.

9. hocash

Irrelevant. As Americans, we all have opportunities 90% of the world would love to have. Even the poorest among us. So has everyone here throwing stones at White made the most of every professional opportunity afforded us regardless of it's impact on our health or happiness?
    I know plenty of people who chose happiness over greater success. Taking the Bar exam and facing the prospect of 70 hour work weeks for the next 10 years? Nah....I'll do something else besides joining a huge law firm even if it's less glamorous. Because White is in the NBA he doesn't get that choice? He's a slave....laboring for our amusement?
    I don't have a problem with people saying we should just cut him or he's a bad draft pick. Those are certainly reasonable perspectives. But all this character bashing is nonsense.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You're right...because he has no character. This was a ploy. He never had any intention of playing. He's just trying to collect his guaranteed cash, painting the Rockets as the bad guys along the way.

His contract needs to be voided. He can keep what he's been paid up to this point.

11. hocash

So instead of making tens of millions of dollars playing a normal NBA career, he just wanted his 3 million or whatever? That's been his goal all along? Make 3 million instead of 10 times more?

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Maybe his goal is to eventually bring his case to a court of law to sue the Rockets and NBA for much more than $3 million.

13. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

Do you know how hard it is to be drafted first round of the nba ?

you have to be top 30 elite talent in the world

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fixed.

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The dude has 2 kids with 2 on the way. He doesn't take care of any of them by the way. And he's trying to get the 2 on the way aborted. He also blames the women for getting pregnant. Yes, but he doesn't blame himself for getting them pregnant.

So yeah, there's a character issue

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I know it's hearsay, but every time I think my opinion of Royce can't get any lower, he proves me wrong.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Name a player, who's had this much character baggage and bridge burning without being an outright criminal? (Well wait, Royce White was A THIEF in college once).

Didnt you see the reputable news source saying the Vipers organization is "tired of the headaches"? Did that come from a bunch of judgmental fans?

Royce White WILLING LEFT SCHOOL EARLY to ENTER the draft. No matter what spin is given on it, he didnt forgo the prospect of 70 hours "slave labor" in the NBA to do something else "meaningful". He FORCED his entry into the NBA "bar exam"

He entered and he's blowing it. There's factual events there supporting that notion

18. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I did not expect such a breakdown by Royce. Perhaps I should've expected it. What a shame.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Blame Dat on Obsession with Ass eating

20. Cycl1

Cycl1 Member

What was he supposed to do? The guy had zero issues at ISU, made it to every game, was a model citizen, who for his 21st birthday threw a no-alcohol party to raise money for a charity organization.

http://ames.patch.com/articles/isu-...hday-party-into-charity-in-ames#photo-9589359

was Fred supposed to make stuff up about the guy?