1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The lower bowl empty seats behind both benches...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I can’t buy them and sit in them because I’m out of the country. That’s why it makes me mad that the seats are going to waste.

It looks shitty on TV, too

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Put the Toyota Center in Katy and it will be filled every night cc @Ziggy

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This subject keeps coming up because it is a real problem. I watch all the games from Austin on LP or whatever other outlet it's on, and with rare exceptions, there they sit. Dozens and dozens of prime seats, on camera, empty for all the world to see.

We came down for the recent Nuggets game. My nephew got his son (my great-nephew?) a Rockets package for kids that included a pair of seats in the upper bowl, with the option of buying the seats next to them for a discount if they were available. So 6 of us went and the seats were pretty good. We had a great time, and we won. The upper deck was crowded and looking across towards the team's benches, there were the ever present empty seats.

You can't easily sneak down and sit in one, either. I've managed it a time or two over the years, but usually get politely asked to get the heck out of Dodge. Yes, this topic comes up every season and it should. We have a new owner and I hoped that we'd see him tackle this. No joy, not yet. I can't believe the logistics would be that difficult. Surely other venues have come up with ways to address a problem Houston can't be alone in having.

Do something, Tilman. It would be great PR.

saleem likes this.
  4. Nivos

Nivos Member

Not completely related, I watched the Toronto broadcast game (They're awesome) and it sounded like theyre broadcasting it from the bar. One of them actually said he's sitting on a bar stool and sounded a bit drunk (in a good way).
    Anyway, although it was painful to see the front rows, the crowd sounded great and loud, so its not fair to blame the Houston crowd, maybe just change the camera angles

5. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Tillman does care because if they dont show up, they dont eat expensive food and beer and dont go to the Rockets store and buy swag.

deb4rockets and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's going to be hard for Tilman to undo what Les did.
    Prioritizing corporations and china over Houstonians,

And removing everything about Rockets history so that new fans don't even know anything about their team and city

@BeardNation13