1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The lower bowl empty seats behind both benches...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

trade harden for luka doncic and the fans will show up.

2. Game7

Game7 Member

While I appreciate the sentiment, this has been stated a million times. Let’s just accept that we can’t afford those seats and the Rockets make money off those seats which are sold in advance. It’s all good.

Newlin likes this.
  3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, if nobody's using the seats anyway, might as well allow people who are actually at the damn game to take the spots over.

Now, I don't know how the financial side of this would work, but I can't imagine it being a negative in any way. When I'm all the way in China, wishing that I could see the games live, it really irks me to no end to see great seats being left empty.

And its a bad look for the organization, too.

Deckard and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

If that is the case, would you be willing to sign a release to let the Rockets seat others in those seats beginning at 2nd quarter? Could be a win-win.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's a way for all of the things you said above to be true and the seats to not be empty

One could even conceive of a way for the financially troubled empty Till-man to fill his till with additional coin as well as save the embarrassment of the empties

Game7 likes this.
  7. smp

smp Member

That doesnt look like a baby seal...

8. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Wish the Rockets would Dim the lights in the Toyota center like the lakers and knicks do. Its embarrassing seeing those empty seats on national tely games.

BHannes2BHonest and GotGame15 like this.
  9. magichat281

magichat281 Member

i saw mad traffic alot people at the rodeo.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Use the airlines method. If you don't check in by certain time, your seat will be sold to the standby people.

11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

What they need to do is have those seats sold to people who wont sit in them on the other side of the court. The cameras are always facing the players which is usually the seats that are empty.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes. There are ways to address this. I know how e.g. Bayern Munich handles this.

13. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

All those rednecks love their football and only show up for the Rockets if they've won a championship or something.

jerryclark likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets get the support of a 30 win team with no star

put Harden in so many other cities and their home games would be packed and rocking every night

this is so embarrassing, and I doubt it will ever change

15. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

you joke about this, but its scary that you might be right

Mr. Space City likes this.
  16. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

During the Jazz Game vs the Wolves, the Utah fans are a younger College age crowd very rowdy, standing on their feet clapping, cheering. Especially court side seats.

Why does the broadcast table have a 80 year old couple by the Rockets bench, it honestly makes me angry at the Rockets, the Broadcasters would sound more passionate and really focused in games. Bill Worrell talks too much, story time about Hakeem every single game. Even the away announcers at Houston don't seem focused when they are 2 floors high.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

When I say my company, I mean the giant public corporation that I work for, not “mine” in the sense that I am the CEO or the owner.

But that would be a good idea. Those seats should be filled.

18. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You can’t imagine why giving away a seat someone paid for would be bad? Lol

Why don’t you buy them and sit in them, since it matters so much?

19. rocketseagles07

Watching Faried try to get them to be louder... seeing it not happen... seeing him make a few more great hustle plays and trying again... seeing it not happen again made me laugh to keep from crying.

Damn Kenneth, we love your effort but you must be new here

20. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Really, regarding the 80 year old couple? Because they pay for those seats and have been rabid loyal Rockets fans for decades going back to The Summit. They also always happen to be in their seats. If it really makes you angry that the Rockets allow an older couple to sit courtside then I feel sorry for you and hope you don’t have any kind of decision-making authority in whatever it is that you do.