1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lowe Post Podcast w/ JVG on Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, May 12, 2015.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Podcast: Jeff Van Gundy on coach firings, the Rockets, Warriors- Grizz, more: <a href="http://t.co/0dDjpjl4ax">http://t.co/0dDjpjl4ax</a></p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/598263070490779649">May 12, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Give it a listen. JVG with some words of wisdom. Lock if posted.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah he had quite a bit to say on how fans and media are way too quick to blame the coach for every teams problems.

Also said he thinks we win tonight and CAN take this to 7

3. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I love Jeff but he's a Houston homer, always picks the Rockets.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think Gundy isn't as homeristic as some do. He has a lot of balanced points. Houston has a lack of understanding about the little things. That's both coaching and maturity of the players.

5. ibm

ibm Member

listening. thanks for sharing. have always liked jvg, his insight and demeanor since his knicks days.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...I'd believe this if I didn't watch what happened to us in Game 3 and 4. We don't have a prayer of taking this to 7. We can win tonight, but Game 6 in LA? No reason to think it'll be any different than 3 and 4.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I wish JVG was our coach

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And if he was, a bunch of people would probably be calling for the firing of JVG right now.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

We would have a terrific defense and a slow, unreliable offense.

10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Yup. Not sure why tho. I mean he has been on our side non stop, no matter what

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ripping Houston in the early going. Good for them.

ZL: Clippers/Rockets is over. Rockets quit. Game 4 was embarrassing. For a team trying to be a real team, they let go of the rope.

JVG: They did in that game. They won't be proud when they review that film. Similar in game one and their readiness with Paul being out. There was a golden opportunity presented. You can lose to any team in the NBA. Clippers have enough talent without Paul but when they look back in the offseason, they'll look at that and say we beat ourselves as much as anything because we weren't ready. They played a sloppy and uninspired game one.

ZL: Houston's floor balance, first step from offense to defense is embarrassing. One team is trying to win the championship and other is doing something else.

JVG: About transition defense...is about awareness, discipline and effort. If you have the right guys who are seriously committed to winning and understand the value of being a great transition defense team and are willing to put in the effort. If you don't pass the ball to each and don't get back, those are tell-tale signs. The Rockets have a lot to be proud of but game 4 effort is not one of them.

ZL: This was 2nd seed in the west with injuries but I don't know what to take away from their effort other than they aren't serious enough about the little things. That Clippers game 4 was a parade of dunks. Yeah, the Clippers are good offensively but you need a plan B. It was dunk after dunk after dunk. I'm starting to get annoyed.

JVG: This league has turned into a high PnR league. Clippers starting unit plays as well as any team in recent memory. Yet, you get to this level and in the final 8 because you have athletes capable of doing multiple things. It's not protect the basket or cover the 3 point line. It's both. Is it easy? No. You're getting paid. Not many can do what we're saying: protect the basket and get out to the 3 point line. The lob has made it more challenging to NBA defenses. ...

ZL: Houston has the vibe of a team that is about to roll over. If they lose in 4-1 going into the last year of Dwight, that's an interesting situation. That organization won't be complacent. They have trade chips and some other stuff.

JVG: Les Alexander lets his coaches coach the life of their contract. He wants to win as bad as anyone. Kevin just signed a contract extension for 3 years. I don't think they'll put this at his feet. Let's not forget they're down 2 starters. They made good in-season acquisitions. They overachieved in the West. They did not put up as good a fight in LA. I think they win tonight and it's not as hopeless as some think. It's daunting but I think Houston wins game 5.

ZL: We disagree. ... Beverley makes this a different team defensively.

#11 J.R., May 12, 2015
    Last edited: May 12, 2015
  12. WestendMassive

Correct. Remember the 'Get Riddy of Ruddy campaign'?

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

In this case, as in every other, he's being a homer. Lowe's assessment of us having already let go of the rope is unfortunately true. Just like the last second round series we played, LA will move on as the favorite to win the title.

14. ibm

ibm Member

[i coached monty as an assistant way back to the knicks days. i have the most incredible respect for him as a person. a man of integrity, and honor, and dignity, and class, and grace.]

15. ibm

ibm Member

[the playoffs, or nba bball in general, comes down to talent, habit and health.]

16. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I thought that was a clever analogy a few days ago when I heard it, but now I think it's just BS. Sounds good. Means nothing more than giving up.

We'll see what happens tonight.

17. nemac

nemac Member

If this series wasn't as lopsided as it has been we could hope for a game 5 win.

18. ibm

ibm Member

jvg calls for a game 5 rockets win. lets see if he's right.

wise men think alike. i have to say. :)

19. ibm

ibm Member

drinking beer, watching the playoffs, posting on clutch, listening to jvg, all at the same time.

life doesnt suck.

:)

20. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Well 20 years ago the rocket lost game 1 2 over 20 points n they came to win it all. We don't have a Dream, but can't hurt to dream right ;)