1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

1/8 against scrubs who won't be in the NBA. Yeah ok LMAO!

I thought he was some big ass baller the way you kept hyping him over Capela, Capela would tear through the summer league that's why he isn't even playing there.

BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  2. MD_in_Training

Agreed. His ceiling would be a lot higher if his shot wasn't completely busted. He shoots low from the left side of his body, and his release is relatively slow due to a wind up process. This basically forces him to have to launch it from a few feet behind his comfort zone. He also would never be able to pull up going to his right. It's possible his court vision can save him, but in today's league, you need to be able to hit open and contested shots.

Bennie Anders likes this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Has a horrible game in a loss, doesn't matter triple double - media

Jontro and rockpileindisma like this.
  4. rockpileindisma

If you don't like lonzo ball then you are a racist

Da Greatest

5. basketballholic

None. In the alternate universes, Capela is always better.

6. malakas

malakas Member

Old Thon fouls out
    still better than Capella
    Says bballholic

roslolian, BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Does anyone still believe Thon Maker is going to be anything special?

8. malakas

malakas Member

yes. Most. They think he will be a superstar.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's one of the best under-40 players out there. Of course he is.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Man what is wrong with this dude? Maybe he is just doing what he thinks is the best for his kids but his big baller brand puts so much expectations and responsibilities on his children. Its already bad enough he was hyping Ball before he even played a game but at least Lonzo was already one of the best players in college, his bros look like they are still kids no one knows if they will be good I mean look at MJ's bro or seth curry, they are scrubs compared to their bro.

What if his other kids suck? They will never be able to live that down because other people will want them to fail. And lavar will probably blame his other kids saying they dont work hard enough or w/e.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lavar has already conceded LiAngelo won't be drafted. He will try to make the Lakers roster as a free agent (which definitely ain't gonna happen). Regardless, it's pre-planned he's one and done at UCLA.

We will see about LaMelo.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So wait... his second son won't get drafted but is leaving college and free tuition after one year regardless to try to make the Lakers team?? Seriously????

Torn n Frayed and red like this.
  14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is correct. All 3 are one and done no matter what.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just read a small article. The father stated he may not make it. But that he is the best looking out of 3 sons and could maybe be a model.

That's a pretty awful thing to say in my opinion. And it looks like education is of ZERO importance to him. Ridiculous.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL why? If I'm projected to be an undrafted NBA player I would make sure I finish my college education, at least if it doesn't work out maybe I can find a better paying job.

It's not like undrafted players are shoe ins to make it in the league that's why they end up playing overseas.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is Lavar Ball, remember? Nothing is too outrageous.

LiAngelo defintely won't be going overseas as long as Lonzo is in the NBA.

My guess is that in Lavar's mind, once Lonzo signs his 2nd NBA contract, it's all good for the entire family.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

My advice to LiAngelo, be thankful your bro got you into UCLA now stay in school and get your Business Degree to help run BBB because that's the only chance you have to make an impact on BBB.

roslolian likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Damn that is unfair to Lonzo if he has to have his bros dragging him down and leeching off him like that. Its also not healthy for the 2 bros confidence and self esteem since it looks like they will have 0 worth on their own.

Its not like Lonzo is Lebron and is destine for greatness, even in his "make up game" Lonzo shot 38% against Non-NBA competition and missed all but 1 of his 3 pointers. If we use
    Ricky Rubio as his benchmark Ball will jist be an abive average starter in the league, and that is assuming Ball becomes a really good defender like Rubio.

20. hvic

hvic Member

I wonder which thread would be better Lonzo Ball or Jlin? lol