1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The KPJ experiment is a failure

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Jan 10, 2022.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's over. He is a head case and is also a terrible basketball player. He has not improved and has taken a few steps backwards in the last year. He's not a PG and will never be with his selfish me-first attitude. He's also stunting the development of our other players, most notably Green.

Time to give up on KPJ.

sparky, bmd, charlieaustin and 27 others like this.
  2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The main concern I have is his attitude (and Wood's as well) are going to set a bad example for our young impressionable rookies.

That last play where he got ejected was frankly another terrible attitude moment. He never bothered to get back on offense, and in a 2 v 1 situation on defense where they had the man advantage he shoulder checked the other guy into Christopher instead of playing defense.

And somehow, Silas responds to that play by taking out the starters and putting in the 3rd stringers, which was honestly an even worse response because it genuinely looks like everyone else's playtime is punished for that behavior.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

Not a point guard. Said it a long time ago and people got all mad. He may be able to salvage his career at another position. You do not just learn how to be a PG in the NBA at the highest level of basketball. It just doesn’t happen. James Harden was an anomaly. He is no James Harden.

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

JC is fearless. We need some of that to rub off on Jalen.

Wrong thread...lol

DeBeards, jcmoon, Mr Woods and 5 others like this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I agree… maybe Sil@ss can start him @ the 5 next game……………..

DeBeards and don grahamleone like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

7. vator

Might as well. He’d be just as good at center as he is at point guard.

xtruroyaltyx and juanm34 like this.
  8. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

He can't play PG, and he's a SG who can't shoot. Not an NBA player imo. Time to move on.

9. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Why don’t they try KPJ and Green purely as attacking wings and let someone else orchestrate the offense instead of having KPJ try to playmake? He just cannot playmake, he’s better when he’s looking to score first.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know if I know what he's good at on offense. I can't name one thing. Maybe it's his fancy ball handling, but he also fumbles it too

11. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

So it's time to give up on KPJ?

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  12. vator

He should NOT be your primary ball handler. He would be best utilized as a secondary playmaker. Maybe he’d even excel in that role. He can create and make passes. He doesn’t have the feel for the game that a point guard need to have.

13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

He’s definitely looking like a 6th man role would be more appropriate

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

terrible PG…combo guard that can’t shoot…undersized SF that can’t shoot

maybe he can become a Lance Stephenson at best after being moved from the PG position

15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t want to give up on him. He’s so talented, and seems to genuinely love Houston. But sometimes he makes it difficult with his play and attitude. And is he really a point guard? Idk

I understand that he’s working through some mental health issues, and I fully support him in that endeavor but it shouldn’t come at the expense of our other guys and the team.

But when he gets his mental side right, and I have faith that he will, he’s gonna be a great player. I just hope it’s with us and not after he’s burnt this opportunity we’ve give him.

16. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

How long will KPJ be on this team. I hope he gets cut soon. It’s painful to watch him try to play PG and his body language is really bad.

He should not be the primary facilitator nor should he be on this team.

pr0wler, Imanimal, Wommy and 5 others like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

anything to get the ball out of KPJ's hands.. my gawd.

18. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Anything to get him off the team.

19. vator

Honestly that’s a good example of what I mean. He can still have opportunities to create and get assists as a secondary ball handler and playmaker. Why try to pigeon hole him into being something he has no feel for?

KPJ at point guard has been detrimental to his confidence, development, and the development of the team. The decision to run him out as the primary ball handler game after game is a decision right up there with the Theis and Wood double big line up.

20. dmoneybangbang

It's more about the attitude and what's between the ears. Learning to play PG was going to be big challenge.

DreamShook likes this.