1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The incomparable Jewel (singer)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by macalu, May 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

at the Arena Theater tonight. who's going?
    <----this guy

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IDn42B_t5A0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i love this woman.

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good for you.

3. Nook

Nook Member

I would corn hole her while she lifts her lip exposing her snaggletooth

4. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wXw6znXPfy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I believe she got it fixed. I could have sworn she had it fixed the last time I saw her in anything(Some reality show on Bravo about music writers)

Oh and she is still a baaad one. Yeahhhh man:grin:

6. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Jewel disguises herself as an office worker at a karaoke bar. Sings her own song hoping to see if anyone notices.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rmv1VhrtYRo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I saw her on TV a few weeks ago after not seeing her in year. Still looks damned good. Would hit.

8. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

She's honestly beautiful. In that first vid, she looks amazing....until she opens her mouth and shows her teeth.

But I'm pretty sure she did get that fixed so hey. She's still beautiful and nearly 40. Plus she can sing really damn well.

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Admit it, you're just going for her boobs and poetry.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Homo!!

thats ok though cuz most clutchfans are homo now adays

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My wife took our friend (female) who is a huge fan, last night. The venue was very small, so even from the 10th row they were right on top of the stage. She said that Jewell is a very genuine, lovely and very, very talented. The show was just Jewell and an acoustic guitar. She said that most of Jewell's songs are three string but she did some covers with more complicated guitar work and nailed everything. She even yodeled.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I can't really say that I know any of her songs except for big hit she had in the 90s? Early 2000s? But I recognize that she is very talented. No shame in liking her. Hope you enjoyed!

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

the best part of this video is when she is still in makeup and the girl outside tells her "You can be ugly with a voice like that"

LOL!

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

How'd the concert go? Reviews?

Wasted space on "FUNNY or DIE". This was DIE, not funny. :eek: Suprising, shocking, maybe "amazing", but not "FUNNY."

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it was worth every penny. we were in the 4th row but there's not a bad seat in the house. small venue is an understatement but i love it. very intimate setting.

the people with their ******* flash iphone photography though, smfh. there are signs everywhere saying "no flash photography" but they just couldn't go without their low resolution photo from the same angle during every freaking song. that was the only negative.

she sang beautifully and if that wasn't enough, she's a wonderful story teller (i guess that's a given for most great songwriters). still gorgeous, snaggletooth notwithstanding and very funny. she sang the hits of course but some of the more obscure songs stood out. i never even heard of nicotine love (i think she said it was on the Monster, with charlize theron, soundtrack) and that had the audience mesmerized. i loved that it was just her and her guitar. it's worth it to make the drive to dallas for tonight's show just to see her again (i'm not, just saying).

#15 macalu, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. VanityHalfBlack

I would do her nasty bro.. Like I'd eat that butt clean yo!!

[​IMG]

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Actually, she didn't get them fixed. She had a temp fix (dentures) for a movie role is my understanding and some photos were posted showing her with fixed teeth but the fix was temporary. She said in an interview she didn't want to fix her teeth as she said it would be painful and she was happy with her teeth the way they are considering it part of her overall signature or something.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek:

[​IMG]

... "her dream had come true."

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im a huge fan of Jewel too, and I would love to see her live, I heard she is so very funny with all the storytelling she does.