1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The Grammys?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ZRB, Feb 9, 2004.

1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Being on the Pacific Coast, I'm a little behind. But Timberlake beating out Zevon and Harrison, Aguilera beating Dido's "White Flag", and the rest? I feel sick. How bloody pathetic.

2. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

at least outkast won, the rest i didn't see.

3. JTQ

JTQ Member

I do not really care that much about who won...I am looking at the performances... and hell it did not disappoint me.

Robert Randolph, EWF, Outkast, Beyonce, Chick Corea and Foo Fighters, Arturo Sandoval and Justin all exceeded my expectation

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Rock & Roll is truly dead. :(

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

lmfao, 50 cent trying to throw down on evanesence

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

what or who is a beyonce???

7. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

That's an easy question! This is a Beyonce:

[​IMG]

8. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I need to move to Texas.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Living in Houston won't improve your chances,

Ask Brandon Herbert.

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Does anyone know who one of the first performers of the show was and what song he played? He had a purple guitar. That's all I remember.

11. JTQ

JTQ Member

Prince and Beyonce played "Purple Rain" and "Crazy in Love"

12. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

No it wasn't them. Someone who literally had a purple guitar. It was a guy and a girl- group. I thought I heard a few Dylan lyrics in the performance.

13. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I laughed at yr joke the first time.

Please tell me you are joking.

I'm a dry-bone smartass, Steely'listenin' freak.

Please tell me yr joking.

14. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

White Stripes?

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Man, that funk medley with EWF, Robert Randolph, and George Clinton was BAD ASS. I'll be picking up a Robert Randolph CD this week. That Outkast song The Way You Move, I love the chorus but I hate the "verse". Go figure.

I love Chick Corea, I have almost everything he's ever done, but he looked (and sounded) very out of place with the Foo Fighters. That was just odd, and not in a good way.

The drummer for the White Stripes sucks, but she has a very nice set of "rack toms" if you know what I'm talkin' about...

16. Buck Turgidson

If they ever play within driving distance, go. Absolutely the best live concert experience around these days.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

you will know who is going to win by who is performing. After they perform, they give the you the award.

They come from backstage all sweaty, and nappy for their speech.

18. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

My favorite part was when the sound died during the Celine Dion performance and you could hear the guys backstage talking about whether they should go out there with a new mic.

19. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Well, the two artists I represented that were nominated lost to the member of the Buena Vista Social Club. To be expected, but oh well.

ImaDrummer,

Agree with you on Meg White's "rack toms", but I think she's a decent drummer. First of all, Jack White took OFF on the piece, that was a LOT faster than it was supposed to be, and she was trying to pul him back. Second of all, and there is no good way to put this, she's a lot like Ringo. Not the best drummer, but does what is necessary for the song. Now, before I get my ass yelled at, I am not saying she is anywhere near as good as Ringo. Ringo's a stud. Meg's an adequate drummer, but at least she knows her limitations.

As for the Chick Corea thing, I thought it was good, but I was disappointed they didn't turn his volume up. I wanted to hear more of what he did.

And the funk medely was the best part of the evening (except for 50 Cent crashing the stage for "Best New Artist").

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I didn't see much, but Christiana mentioning Janet while referring to her dress made me want to puke. That chick has serious self confidence issues. She's always trying to be like someone else, and I'm like, you just won a Grammy, chill out.

Anyway, Sean Paul ruined Roxanne. Thanks. After that I stopped watching.