1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... I remember when people thought you had relevant takes.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Now Mr trump has asked China to “investigate the Biden’s.” He is bat-**** crazy, and seems intent on getting impeached. We are seeing trump, in real time, having a mental breakdown in front of the entire nation and the world. The fellow publicly asked for Russia’s help during the 2016 campaign and they gave it to him. Then, he was a candidate. Now? He has a grip on the nation’s highest office. What’s frightening is that he can cause the country even more damage than he has already, not to mention the damage he can cause elsewhere to our friends and allies.

So how can we stop a criminal in the White House having a nervous breakdown that endangers us all? Remove him from office. As soon as is legally possible.

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He's losing it folks...

[​IMG]

Deckard, RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look at the body language, the President of Finland is like - Get me the hell out of here.

DD

Deckard likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Long article by George Conway on why Trump is and remains mentally incapable of fulfilling the duties of the Presidency (with a shout-out to Kareem Jackson and JJ Watt)

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/10/george-conway-trump-unfit-office/599128/

Unfit for Office
    Donald Trump’s narcissism makes it impossible for him to carry out the duties of the presidency in the way the Constitution requires.

In short, now that the House of Representatives has embarked on an impeachment inquiry, one of the most important judgments it must make is whether any identified breaches of duty are likely to be repeated. And if a Senate trial comes to pass, that issue would become central as well to the decision to remove the president from office. That’s when Trump’s behavioral and psychological characteristics should—must—come into play. From the evidence, it appears that he simply can’t stop himself from putting his own interests above the nation’s. Any serious impeachment proceedings should consider not only the evidence and the substance of all impeachable offenses, but also the psychological factors that may be relevant to the motivations underlying those offenses. Congress should make extensive use of experts—psychologists and psychiatrists. Is Trump so narcissistic that he can’t help but use his office for his own personal ends? Is he so sociopathic that he can’t be trusted to follow, let alone faithfully execute, the law?

Congress should consider all this because that’s what the question of impeachment demands. But there’s another reason as well. The people have a right to know, and a need to see. Many people have watched all of Trump’s behavior, and they’ve drawn the obvious conclusion. They know something’s wrong, just as football fans knew that the downed quarterback had shattered his leg. Others have changed the channel, or looked away, or chosen to deny what they’ve seen. But if Congress does its job and presents the evidence, those who are in denial won’t be able to ignore the problem any longer. Not only because of the evidence itself, but because Donald Trump will respond in pathological ways—and in doing so, he’ll prove the points against him in ways almost no one will be able to ignore.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

Deckard, joshuaao, Newlin and 2 others like this.
  7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...I don't remember a time like that.:)o_O

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  8. B-Bob

Yeah, was going to say... I thought I was an old-timer.

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. I'm sure the Chinese are really interested in helping trade-war Trump. He is totally their favorite president ever.

He's trying to do the same thing my cats do when I catch them stealing food from my plate and they pretend like they were just sitting with their paw on my plate totally not stealing any food, just resting their paw on my dinner.

Hes trying to nonchalant the original crime. See, it's totally normal for me to quid pro quo for help from foreign agents against my political opponents. Totally normal. No crime here.

It works about as well for my cats as it does for Donnie. I guess you can only get impeached once, so might as well go big.

superfob, Deckard, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So let's get this wrapped up quick. This idiot just asked for election interference in public.

Deckard and mikol13 like this.
  11. B-Bob

Their plan is actually to infect you with brain parasites from their litter box.

#4Dchess

Nook, Deckard, AleksandarN and 3 others like this.
  12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep last time he got a pass

but now he's POTUS

Deckard likes this.
  13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You seem quite happy that the president is trying to influence the election.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not about America succeeding, it’s about liberals losing. It’s a pathology.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He didn't, do this. Its a liberal witchhunt

Yes I did

But he didn't really mean it.

Like hell I didn't, watch me do it again

Libs are making this out to be more than it is.

I guess normalizing treason is the current strategy.

Nook, Deckard, FranchiseBlade and 6 others like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I don’t

mdrowe00 likes this.
  17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

But you need people to put country first in front of self. Unfortunately the republicans are in the majority of the senate.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's because many Democrats saw that he was an out-and-out crook before he was even elected. Trump has provided so much material that could be used for impeachment that the particular ones selected almost matters not. As much as I'd love a comprehensive set of impeachment articles, I think that's best left to the historians. Just grab the low-hanging fruit and get him out of there.

No, the accusation was that Biden had Shokin fired so that he could not conduct any cases. That does not require Biden asking that any particular case be opened or closed. I'm not saying that Trump's accusation has any merit, but this rebuttal misses the mark.

Sounds like a Monty Python bit. Funny thing is we've gotten to know Trump so well by now, this move to engage in corruption in public is totally consistent with what we'd expect from him. He'll always double down. For his victims, it'll work. It is everybody else's job to call the bluff.

Andre0087, Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You guys know this won't get Trump out of office.... the Senate won't convict.
    The best we can hope for is the voters turn out against him... and we know 40% won't change to a democrat.

don't get giddy, this is a 400 day slog

Nook likes this.
  20. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

The DOJ has been investigating corruption within the US intelligence and previous administrations.
    Trump asked them to get in touch with their council to share intelligence on perhaps an abuse of
    power of the previous administration.

Trump is exposing everyone's dirty laundry as he is being targeted for things which are common
    in politics. Justice departments worldwide coordinate on international cases.

When a US Vice President's son may have used that position to make a fortune and then the
    Vice President may have used his position to shut down an investigation, that is bigger than anything
    Trump has been guilty of.

Why do you not want the truth to come out??