1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Come back when you have a serious, grown up opinion.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Because it would take over a year to get the court ruling.

That's a fundamental issue to me. Issues like this should be rushed through the courts. Don't understand why it has to take so long.

Nook, RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

4. justtxyank

The president has not asserted executive privilege.

He has asserted "constitutional immunity."

Whatever anyone thinks of Trump and this impeachment thing, I genuinely hope and pray that Republicans don't accept this as standard operating procedure going forward.

The president is claiming that Congress has no jurisdiction over him and that in fact NO ONE in the United States has it. They cannot investigate him, cannot subpoena anyone under his authority, hell his lawyer argued that local police couldn't even stop him from committing a crime in broad daylight.

I much prefer the "He did it but so what everyone's corrupt what about Obama?" arguments to the "Yeah I think presidents can do whatever they want and why do we even have a Constitution?" arguments. Dershowitz saying Trump is more powerful than a king should shake TRUE conservatives to their core.

Nook, Rashmon, rocketsjudoka and 5 others like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

I am your king!

Well, I didn't vote for you.

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ukraine has ZERO to do with Trump asking a foreign leader to do him a favor......and investigate a political opponent.

Trump worrying about corruption is the biggest whopper I have heard - I mean the guy literally stole from kids with cancer...in his charity.

And YES - add that to the pile along with the stormy daniels payout - and tax fraud...and anything else he has done that can be proven.

PILE IT ON so thick and high because he is that corrupt.

DD

7. DaDakota

8. justtxyank

9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'm not cartoon worthy?

10. DaDakota

Clearly someone was banned and came back as someone else.......Let's check the IP addresses.

:)

DD

11. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I don't understand why it takes so long either. It should be fast tracked to Supreme to rule on. The election fiasco made it. Why can't this?

12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

What are you talking about? Mod's, please check for DD. If I could get my old user name back, I'd be delighted. It was registered to same email address. But I can assure you I was not this active in the DD. You guys intimidate me.

I was asking for a cartoon because he usually posts something funny. And I would assume I'd be the but of that joke.

edit: I had AT&T and now have Comcast if that helps. I'm currently posting from my work computer which is being run through a VPN. Just trying to be transparent ....in the spirit of things.

13. justtxyank

Yes I agree. Regardless of the ruling and what side of it you may be on, thinks like this that impact so much for the future of our society/government should sit in court for over a year. Why is it that complicated? Either John Bolton et al should be forced to testify or they shouldn't be. We have to run it through a regular court, two layers of appeals and then the Supreme Court?

There needs to be a super expedited process for disputes between the branches of government imo.

joshuaao, RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So who what was your old user name?

I understand because the same thing happened to me but I posted my old user name in my sig.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It seems to me a shame that our legislative branch has gotten so weak vis-a-vis the other branches that their Constitutional role of oversight is subordinated to the authority of the courts to review and authorize their orders. Bolton should be compelled if he gets a duly-issued subpoena from Congress, the end, and not seek some recourse from another branch of government. I agree with you that the House Democrats should pursue the court case (and they are, I believe, with Don McGahn) just to assert their authority and clarify for future generations that it is settled law that Congress can subpoena officials. But it's ridiculous they should even have to.

Nook, joshuaao, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I've heard one of his lawyers talking out of ass about shooting someone and not being able to be prosecuted. But I didn't take it seriously. I'm not sure that why they asked the white house employees not to participate. I thought it was because they would not be allowed to call any witness that Schiff did not approve. And in that case, I don't blame him. In any case, the matter should've been the highest priority sent up to the courts to QUICKLY decide on.

I don't accept 'constitutional immunity' as standard operating procedure going forward. I hope that the Democrats and Republicans both don't accept the way this impeachment procedure went down as standard operating procedure or else we're in for this bullshit every 4 to 8 years and impeachment becomes a norm. Hey the repub's took it a bit too far with Clinton, so payback is a b****. I get that. But someone be a grown up and stop the cycle of madness.

17. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I think it was Bman.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Obviously it doesn't have to take that long , Trump's other cases were taken up by the SCOTUS last week …. and they were ruled on very recently by lower courts.

DaDakota likes this.
  19. DaDakota

Methinks thou does protest too much.

It doesn't matter if you changed email addresses, unless you forgot your password, and if you did, just email Clutch.....they will sort it.

DD

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This was argued by the SCOTUS during Watergate …. where some but not all of Nixon's executive privilege orders were overturned / compelled to testify.

The Dems just have to go thru the process …. they chose not to.