1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, probably. But I’m not very excited about Biden as a candidate, just as an American, so I’m happy just to pursue truth and watch the cards unfold from here.

Hunter Biden is, by his own admission, a disturbed person. We have to remember we aren’t considering him for any office. Nor should we.

RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That is exactly what is happening.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/25/warren-beats-biden-national-poll-1510726

I think Warren is the better candidate personally. Trump and the GOP will just "But whatabout" with Biden and depress turnout. Warren, so far, is clean. Other than her native american gaffe which I don't think anyone seriously cares about. Warren can completely run as being for the people and bringing change to washington and she has a record that shows that she mostly means what she says. I mean, this is an entirely separate conversation than Trump's current Ukraine scandal though.

RayRay10 and Rashmon like this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

ALSO, I will add, on the prospect of current dirt popping up on Warren, this current investigation is going to last awhile. It would be really...really...REALLY dumb if Trump tries to illegally get dirt on her as her threat level rises to him. I don't know if they have any more bullets left in the "Foreign Aid" chamber.

RayRay10, joshuaao and ROXTXIA like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This was already happening anyway.

People (including Trump, when he committed these high crimes and misdemeanors) were always overestimating Biden's "frontrunner" status - he was getting 25-35% of the voters, OK, definite frontrunner, but you know he's not getting 65-75% of them in that case, and he's hardly the type of candidate to pick up steam over time as his name recognition increases.

RayRay10, JayGoogle and Invisible Fan like this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

RING RING:

Renu Khator: (chancellor of UH) Renu Khator speaking.
    Trump: Hello, this is your President, Donald Trump. Listen, I need a favor....
    Renu Khator: Um, okaaaaaaaaaaaayyy......
    Trump: I hear Elizabeth Warren went to your school. She claimed to be Indian. Not like "Indian", Indian, like you, but you know, Pocahantas, bow and arrow, "whoo-whoo-whoo" stuff. I need you to....
    Renu Khator: The call's breaking up. (click)

6. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, just protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals for me.

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Think about this the president is using the office of the presidency to influence the out come of his opposition’s primary. Regardless of what happens to the race. This can not acceptable or tolerated whether you are republican or Democrat or independent.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truth...

It is the act of a traitor.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Doesn't matter, Brian. Crooked Hunter, Brian.

RayRay10, B-Bob, JayGoogle and 2 others like this.
  10. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

I posit, again, that even before the current kerfluffle, Trump could have and should have been impeached for obstruction of justice and violation of emoluments clause. Do you disagree? If you do, how?

I'll let Fox analyst Judge Alito break down the current legal situation:

President Trump has already admitted that he asked the president of the Ukraine to investigate his political rival, and can read his request in the transcript released today.
    To even solicit foreign aid is illegal, whether you receive it or not, or whether it's helpful or not. Merely asking is a crime.
    The crime is already a matter of public record, and is an impeachable offense, though we had plenty to impeach him for before now.
    On top of that, quid pro quo is already hinted at in the transcript, which is not a word for word transcription of the 30 minute talk.

Regarding Biden and his son, I can't recall if I was replying to you or someone else the last time I said this, but I'll say it again:
    Let them be investigated. If they broke the law, throw them in jail.
    There you go. Country before party. I wish my conservative fellow Americans felt the same about their leaders.

pahiyas, CometsWin, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This is illegal in the United States of America but not in United States of Trump.

JayGoogle likes this.
  12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol. No explicit deal was ever offered. Also seperately, there is no law saying you cant ask for someone who committed crimes to be investigated.

cml750 and Silent_Bob like this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Keep trying, dude. What Trump did was illegal. The Bidens, no. But that'll be the slender thread of hope to which you must cling, I guess.

RayRay10 and JayGoogle like this.
  14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

But we considered his father who by the looks of it is just like every other slime-ball politician out there regardless of party. Biden should announce his retirement and remove his slimy self from the future of our country.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  15. ipaman

For his voters it's very acceptable because they want to "drain the swamp" and they view Biden as a swamp creature and now have proof that he is.

The good news for Dems is Trump lost the popular vote so if they can find the right opponent and turn a swing state they should reach the magic number. But I don't trust the Dems to get out of their own way and rally for the good of the country. They tend to be splintered and cannibalize themselves.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There doesn't have to be an explicit on the nose deal. Obvious circumstancial evidence, diction used in the calls, and prior history of defendant are all used.

In this case, privately withdrawing military aid that is automatic from Ukraine and almost immediately calling the Ukrainian president with choice words about how the US has done so much for Ukraine and suggesting that a political opponent of his should be investigated is clear evidence that Trump was dangling military aid Infront of the Ukrainian president to get in a political favor which is quite clearly illegal.

Also, investigations into politicians should happen naturally, as in career prosecutors request fisa warrants NOT at the order of the President. All this "Obama witch Hunt on Trump" narrative would have been actually valid if Obama himself ordered Trump's campaign to be investigated instead of career intelligence officials and prosectors.

Presidents don't tell the law enforcement arms in the executive branch such as the FBI to investigate specific people especially other rival politicians.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I mean, at least Nixon TRIED to be discreet...

Rashmon and B-Bob like this.
  18. ipaman

I'm confused... if what Trump did was illegal (as POTUS) why wouldn't what Biden did (as VP) be illegal as well? Is is merely the fact that in one case there is an upcoming election and the other is simply corrupt nepotism utilizing American tax dollars?

I'm no lawyer but screw both of those people and scenarios.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I wouldn’t complain. I think there are degrees of slimy, you know, but whatever. Biden’s been in DC long enough, and his mind doesn’t seem up to the job these days. Kinda like you-know-who, but not quite as bad.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

To answer your question, I would like to hear from your own words what you think Biden did.

And yes, Biden's son being a board member at oil company is blatant nepotism, and I really don't like nepotism, but nepotism isn't illegal unfortunately.

#220 fchowd0311, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019