1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The family of Jazmine Barnes appear to have lied about the shooter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jan 6, 2019.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

My parents came here with nothing as illegal immigrants with 2 grade school level education. They work with nothing to their name. Nothing. Now we are part of the working middle class of America and very tight family unit.

2. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Some are dealt with a bad hand in life. But family and community should be there uplift individuals living a hard circumstance in life. Local charities and churches are there.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Even simpler... I am sure everyone can rent houses and apartments in Tanglewood and The Woodlands. Even simpler... and so affordable.

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Welp this thread has taken an unexpected turn. I guess it is whitey's fault.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Stats show that blacks have to deal with plenty of hate crimes and that hate crimes are increasing, who is doing the tip toeing here?

I didn't put words in your mouth, you literally brought up the model minority myth.

I don't even know why you are bringing up colonialism, it shows me you think much more in terms of some wide global race thing than just an American thing.

As I've mentioned before, fix school segregation, eliminate housing discrimination. I'm talking about politics here my dude, not nuclear proliferation.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You literally think black parents tell their kids to rob and steal? You literally think this?

Then you DARE call me bias when in another thread you were calling Eskimos inherently dumber people? Really?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

At sime point there are problems that have to be fixed internally regardless of cause

Fair or unfair you have to move forward

Edit: issues isnt causes but fixes. Can't go back in time

#86 pgabriel, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Most immigrants do better for themselves.

One question for people like @Senator would be why do African Immigrants do better than white Americans? Is it a cultural thing???????

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I dream of the day when the renting of houses is disallowed to keep the riff raff from even considering moving into my neighborhood! I'd also like to speak to my friends Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae about banning second lien mortgages. Make everyone stroke a check for the full down payment on their house. My well-manicured lawn cannot be disgraced by poorly groomed lawns in the neighborhood or trampled by ne'er-do-wells who are better financially suited for apartment complex living! We must stop problems before they arise!

GOOD DAY

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so how did they become legal immigrants?

MiddleMan likes this.
  10. HTM

HTM Member

Who said they did?

JumpMan likes this.
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Always, Trump and Whitey will be blamed in every thread no matter the subject.

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So you not only want others to fix internal problems, but you also want others to come up with these policies? Why would they?

This is an interesting question. In a sense, children are the apprentices of their parents. So, if you have parents that rob and steal, then their apprentices will, too. Look at the Trumps.

Obviously, the vast majority of black parents are not thieves or crooks. But, what I think is an unfortunate and unproductive part of black culture in America is a mindset that is anti-authority.

I know, you'll disagree, but my point is to show how people can be led down the wrong path while not explicitly taught to.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Why wouldn't they be anti-authority when that authority historically has done nothing but oppress and abuse them? It's not forever ago either, it's not centuries ago, it's decades ago. With housing discrimination and law enforcement its current.

At this point its the job of the authority to prove that it should be trusted and that it deserves the faith of its citizens.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They are taught to be anti-authority, they are taught to believe that they are victims and that they are oppressed....and that's the largest part of the problem. When parents foolishly give kids that mindset, they are setting them up for failure. Awful parents who set their children up for failure is the largest reason behind how poverty becomes generational.

Of course, given that children these days (many of who are parents now themselves) have been taught that they are victims and that they aren't responsible for their own actions, you can bet that they won't take responsibility for the things they are poisoning their children's minds with.....they don't take responsibility for anything.

This is something that goes beyond race, it's a class issue really. Low class people of all kinds far too often set their children up for failure by instilling poisonous ideology in them.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I wonder if there is a source on that?

Anyways, I think there's enough evidence shown that black people still do face discrimination. You're going to disagree, that's fine, but I can source and show for those that are interested and won't ignore the data and thus waste my time linking it.

Honestly, seriously, no offense but I wouldn't come to you for parenting advice.

I think every kid is different and should be treated differently. While a kid bucking authority no matter the costs isn't good...the opposite is true. You don't want a kid that's a robot and will do whatever authority tells them to do because sometimes Authority isn't right, sometimes it is wrong, and sometimes it is even abusive.

Challenging authority isn't always a bad thing.

edwardc likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can find the appearance of anything if you look hard enough for it.

No offense taken, I don't expect everyone to recognize good advice when they see it. After all, things seem to be going well, why change anything?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Can you please label your posts as premium when they actually are. Otherwise, it's going to confuse posters that are new around here.

18. raj87

raj87 Member

Noted

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There's just nothing that proves your point and you are speaking of a subject (Parenting) that's had extensive study so I have no reason to take your 'advice' at all. I know you think you are literally an expert on every single thing though, even being a parent, which, from what I understand...you are not. So you giving parenting advice...excuse me if I'm dubious of that advice. It would be like getting Basketball tips from you or Coach K. I'll listen to Coach K, thank you.

You then linked me a bunch of graphs of what? Single parent vs Coupled parents? This doesn't really prove what you think it proves, not if you are trying to argue that it is a cultural thing...unless your argument is that culturally black people encourage single parenthood instead of it just being something that happens from being poor.

We can continue to ignore housing discrimination and the issues with criminal justice and education segregation but they won't magically go away. I know that people will always argue for the status quo though, like you. It wasn't too long ago that people thought MLK Jr was 'Too extreme' and asking for way too much. Change is scary, I know.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

By all means, don't take my advice, hopefully things work out for you anyway.