1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The collective thread of optimism for all our beloved franchises

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hemingway, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Didn’t know where to put this but here goes:

Rockets: I have watched every game the last 3 years and most from years before. I believe Stone has done a masterful job of drafting and the Harden trade made the Westbrook fiasco less painful. I think Jabari and Green are future stars with Jabari as potential superstar. I’m disappointed with KPJ’s progression and think he either needs a new role or needs traded. We are headed in the right direction and should compete for playoffs next year. I am in favor of signing Harden or Conley next year if we don’t get Scoot in the draft. We are positioned well to attract FA’s or in favorable trade position with our cap space and trade assets after Wall is off the books. Optimism meter 8.0

Astros: Dynasty. Best organization in baseball. Easily World Series contenders next 3 years. Potential for another decade of contention. Extend Javier and Framber this year. Sit still and wait on 2 or 3 of our prospects to pan out over the next 2 years. If you can get Bryant for some of our mid-prospects and say 5M a year off his contract do it. Keep trying with Tucker but don’t break the bank for him. Optimism meter 10

Texans: Still like their draft last year and think Caserio is a good evaluator of player talent. Coaching change should coincide with QB change. Pursue the trenches in draft this year and be opportunistic for FA Qb or if we stink again next year draft your QB. Think they will progress to 6-8 wins next year and complete following year. Optimism meter

Corrosion and harold bingo like this.
  2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Hard to be optimistic about the future of the Houston Oilers. I hope the heat is bringing a constant source of discomfort to Bud Adams.

The Texans are just not real to me. I don't care one whit about them.

SamFisher, napalm06, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm surprised u could have wrote anything positive about that dumpster of a franchise we call Texans.

My highlight of what they did this season was firing the easterbunny

xtruroyaltyx and harold bingo like this.
  4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

No offense, this is pathetic. Although this is definitely the kind of behavior to expect from a fanbase that packs the stadium to see a 1-12 team

5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I like Tunsil, Howard, Pitre, Stingley, Harris, Pierce, Cooks, Minchey (hopefully), Collins (wr), Collins (dl), rookie OL I can’t remember name, Moore (wr), kicker, punter, Atkins (te), Okewhatevere (dl). Another solid draft class (improve the trenches) add a QB in the next 2 years and we are competing. Need to get rid of Lovie whenever we get our QB. Mills would be average with a decent OL, but should be a career backup in all probability. I don’t like the QB’s in this class, which may prove to be fortuitous. Building from the trenches out is the best for a total re-build.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If u trust caserio, I guess.

I'm still cautious that someone the easterbunny and BoB wanted is competent enough.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

“We are positioned well to attract FA”.

LMAO

Even the Kings' fans are laughing at you hard.

harold bingo and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Anybody is positioned for a top FA. Just depends on how much money you are willing to spend.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What about our beloved indoor soccer team?

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I live in Tennessee now, never got to go to the soccer game, but if I did I’m sure i would be a fan. I’ve tried to switch to the Titans, but just can’t. Have Season Ticket, MLB, and NBA. I choose to go through life with a realistic, but positive attitude. Astros are great, Rockets will be great, Texans maybe, but I do think Caserio has an eye for player talent, just hope the owner let’s him do his thing. It’s going to take longer for the Texans than the Rockets.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am optimistic the Rockets will get better every year over the next 3 or 4. Whether they are ultimately good enough to be considered a top team is still very much uncertain.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how about the Turner Elementary hula hoop team

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We’ve drafted well and are poised for good chance at another premier draft talent.

but that’s all I can muster

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Texans don't deserve optimism. That is a crap organization throughout.

The Astros are obviously well run. The Rockets have at least a mapped out future with a core group of young players.

15. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Thinly veiled "fire Silas" post

Os Trigonum likes this.
  16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Love the good vibes! Don't leave out the INSTITUTION though...UH Hoops.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The biggest FA of this current management ever signed was Daniel Theis for a 4 years contract.

At the end, this big FA played for the Rockets 26 games in his entire career.