1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have no issue with provacative if you are actually trying to get a spirited convo started, but that does not
    translate well on a forum, either people think you are trolling or are not going to actually listen to a counter argument.

We seem to want the same thing healthy conversation and I am glad that you took the time to set me straight, I admit I lumped you in with other posters, that's my bad.

T_Man likes this.
  3. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

If this is the new standard in determining a president's responsibility for deaths I would hate to be the one that had to calculate the deaths that Clinton, Bush, and Obama are responsible for....

Iraq, Kosovo, Somalia, Afghantistan, Pakitstan, Libya, Syria, Yemen.... Trump is a lightweight.

mick fry likes this.
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Former Obama officials are 'Obsessed with defending their appeasement' or Iran, says Representative Dan Crenshaw (R-TX).

Rep. Dan Crenshaw: Obama Officials Are "Obsessed With Defending Their Appeasement" Of Iran

SHANNON BREAM, FOX NEWS HOST: We've seen over the last 24 hours and really beyond that a full rollout of Obama administration officials who were part of putting together this nuclear deal, and in many the cases, say we got to this point because this president pulled out of it. your response?

REP. DAN CRENSHAW (R-TX): Well, they are obsessed with defending their strategy of appeasement. They thought that the best way to deal with Iran was to pay them off, send over pallets full of cash, unfreeze their assets, lift sanctions, and then hope for change, right?

Remember President Obama's theme was hope and change, and that was their foreign policy, as well. It didn't work, and it's time to accept that because hat actually happened is the Iranians were enriched and therefore able to fund their Quds force more and destabilize the region, destabilize Syria, Yemen, fund sleeper cells in Bahrain, fund Shia militias in Iraq.

Of course Representative Crenshaw is exactly correct.

mick fry likes this.
  5. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I obviously no expertise or knowledge of international law. I would think that because Obama negotiated the deal he would also be able to negotiate the interest rate (to like zero!).

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. dmoneybangbang

How has “maximum pressure” worked against Iran? Have they given up their nuclear ambitions?

Like China...no real progress on the key issues.

da_juice and rocketsjudoka like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

They all have blood on their hands, quite a bit. Obama is no exception, he had the same arrogance that Bush had and Trump has.

da_juice likes this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Here is info if you want to spend time reading it. https://uncitral.un.org/

10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Thanks. I still owe someone the time to finish the Mueller Report, which I'm about half through. Life got in the way but I intend to finish. I'll take you for your word on international law as I'm no expert.

11. NewRoxFan

I am sure it simply slipped the briefer's minds...

da_juice likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Odd... its called the War Powers Act, not the Foreign Affairs Act...

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly.. Iran is further along in getting a nuke now than they were when the agreement was in effect. I respect Rep. Crenshaw for his service and sacrifice but as someone who did see combat and was injured in it he should understand more than other the value of peace and that war shouldn't be entered in except in the most dire of circumstances.

da_juice likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

I reckon the "imminent" justification is no longer important...

15. NewRoxFan

16. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Nobody mentioned poison.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Smart phone - smart bomb.

18. NewRoxFan

Um... doesn't the concept of "when" define "imminent"?

No Worries likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The latest reason is that Soleimani was targeting multiple US Embassies. This looking like so many other things during the Trump Administration. A lot of shifting and conflicting stories and ex post facto justifications seemingly made on the fly.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

NY Times: Weapons scholar and avid bird watcher dies in US air assault

mick fry likes this.