1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The case against Ghislaine Maxwell

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

SDNY is going to be very very busy.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I was looking at some articles on her and the connections she had were those of a world leader not an obscure socialite -- that she bought a multi-million dollar property in NH and 'hid' is bizarre. There is no way everyone in her circle(s) and the gov didn't know exactly where she was at any given moment. She could have had a palace in Ecuador, but no she stays in the US and still no tapes... nothing.

4. KingCheetah

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  5. KingCheetah

The conspiracy was there was no conspiracy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. jcf

jcf Member

If you were her (sorry for even raising that thought), who would you trust to turn over the information/proof you had collected? Seems like if this was a massive blackmail ring or intelligence operation, you would have too many powerful people from both parties and different industries such that you could never be sure you weren’t handing over your leverage just to have it destroyed.

Stuff that seemed like lunatic, whack-job conspiracy theories are now seeming at least within the realm of possibility. I wonder how screwed up our power structure is (nationally and internationally) and how far it goes.

Of course, I may have just slipped down the rabbit hole.

joshuaao, King1, FrontRunner and 4 others like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If I'm her I try to get bail and disappear letting those sleeping dogs lie. Since that's unlikely to happen it's possible that the immunity Epstein and co-conspirators were granted in 2008 may shield her from the most serious charges. We'll see...it is 2020 after all so who knows how this plays out.

jcf and RayRay10 like this.
  8. KingCheetah

We're at DEFCON 1 -- he's dead and she's in jail if something is going to come out it should be happening now... we'll see. Why TF was she 'hiding' in New Hampshire -- so weird.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

How long does she last? Taking all bets...

deb4rockets, RayRay10 and KingCheetah like this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The best thing this lady can do for herself is too come out right now and make a huge public statement saying: I am not going to commit suicide, under any circumstances.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Sure doesn't sound like someone that is about to sing. With Dershowitz at her side, it's guaranteed they will fight this tooth and nail, and try to smear the prosecutors with Trump's help, or have Trump simply pardon her. Right now just about every dirty old man in the 3 comma club is calling up Trump and Barr to tell them to make this go away ASAP.

If she survives prison (always the quicker solution) my guess is something happens at DOJ where they have to drop the case or pardon her for her silence which is seemingly likely now that she's looking like someone whose willing to shut her lips and go to bat to protect the 3 comma club.

snowconeman22 and RayRay10 like this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

If she has evidence release some of it against the pawns on the chessboard. Show them you're for real...

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  13. KingCheetah

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

18. KingCheetah

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I wonder why they didn't release her mugshot?

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Note Trump can't commute her sentence until she's tried and sentenced. He could issue a proactive pardon. Like with Flynn the DOJ could stand down on the charges.

I think the latter and a proactive pardon are very very unlikely. Her trial and sentencing might very likely won't happen until after the election. If Trump is still President or during the lame duck period it wouldn't surprise me if he did something to help her. If he's on his way out I could see this like Marc Rich's pardon. A last minute pardon done as one of his last acts or at midnight before the the inauguration of the new President.

RayRay10 likes this.