1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Browns are 9 pt favorites

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by countingcrow, Oct 18, 2002.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

The Texans are going to put some money in my pocket this weekend after taking it from me last weekend when they managed to stay within 9 pts of Buffalo. There is no way in hell that Cleveland will beat us by 10. The over/under on this game is 36. That is probably a good play too.

What games are you playing this weekend?

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

9 points?? wow!!! i'm tempted...and i don't gamble very often.

3. DukeOfHouston

DukeOfHouston Member

Wow that few? I would have thought the point spead would be like 20. The Texans defense is so poor that even the Browns will score 25+ against us.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

huh??? texans defense is so poor? you realize it's the tenth ranked defense in the NFL at last count, right? our offense is poor, but improving...our defense is flat out good.

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't think the Browns will win by 10 either. In fact, I think the Texans got a good chance, at least, to win. The Browns aren't very good. (duh!) I remember they were picked to suprise but they also picked Dallas and look at them. They are not very good...and I know. :D Still, I go for them, though.

oops, a bit off-topic. Let's just say I think the Texans will win...at least that way I can make fun of the Browns.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I actually put 100 bucks on the Texans to win straight up (money line). If it happens I get 300 bucks back. Im an idiot, i should have taken the points.

7. Truth

Truth Member

I'm still 5 years away from being able to gamble.:( But even I'm tempted!

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Thats what internet gambling is for. :)

I would take the Texans with 9 points too. The Browns seem to be getting worse while the Texans seem to be on the incline. Only thing I'm worried about is the fact that the Texans havn't really played that well on the road and Clevland is one of the toughest places to play.

:

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

easy money.

:p

sorry, couldn't resist

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

How we didn't cover the spread amazes me. We should've won. Two botched calls on fumbles... one on the one yard line. Bradford drops two passes, including one that would've been a touchdown if he kept his balance. Jermaine fumbles a punt on his own 10... we miss a field goal... etc. We also got stopped at the one yard line to close the game.

There's no excuse for us losing this game, but it just goes that way sometimes. It just sucks that it had to happen two weeks in a row the same way. At least it helps the draft pick.