1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The bright spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rock Block, May 11, 2019.

1. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Thank god we were eliminated on a Friday night so we get a little time to mourn without the GARM having to absorb 125 threads of Kellerman, Screaming S A. Smith, Colin, Skip, etc etc, thank god. At least by Monday I'll have moved on and wont give two shiits

Note: I initially started to name this "The Silver lining" but though better of it.....

burlesk, cbs1507, ramotadab and 5 others like this.
  2. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Yeah that was the one good thing about the Lillard shot in 2014. It was also a Friday night

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I was gonna say at least we can watch GOT as it airs

alpha7283, Gray_Jay, smp and 2 others like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thought this was gonna be an "at least we won't have to play Milwaukee" thread. am disappoint

ramotadab, J Sizzle and Rock Block like this.
  5. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Also good for Harden as he can go to the club on a Saturday night (the best night) where he'll find some company to drown his sorrows.

Rock Block likes this.
  6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

LOL, I love all the sarcastic satire here....enjoy your weekend everyone.

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

JH13 can still hit the club this weekend......

Too soon??? :eek:

mikol13 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ve pretty much gotten over last night’s loss already...game 6 against SA and game 7 last year were far worse

I’ll be rooting for Philly and Denver tomorrow, and if Milwaukee makes the finals, I’ll be rooting for them to take down GS...thank God we’re not dealing with another GS vs. Lebron finals

cbs1507, jcmoon and Gray_Jay like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The bright side is I’ve accepted death’s sweet release

10. Mr. Space City

The only bright spot is the patch of blonde in clint capela’s hair.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

….. Black Clouds and Silver Linings - A Nightmare To Remember

12. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Speaking of botched, disastrous final seasons...

DreamShook likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You are still going to watch basketball? lol I took TNT, ABC, and ESPN off my cable package.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

GOT is terrible now GRR Martin stooped watching in season 7.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

of course I am...this loss was nothing like last year’s game 7, that was really devastating...I’m over this L

Harden plus a bunch of role players will never win a title, I will be foolish to ever think otherwise...if Morey doesn’t bring in a star this summer, then I’ll already know what to expect for next season...it is what it is

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah as my fandom has evolved I have become more of a Rockets fan than a Basketball fan. If the Rocket aren't playing I don't care about the rest of the NBA. I forgot how much you love Lebron so I guess this is expected.

This loss is just ass devastating and more humiliating. Rockets had a full squad and fell to a team with Curry scoring 0 in the first and in foul trouble and Draymond in foul trouble. Rockets lost to the role players.

Mathloom likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets lost to Curry and Klay combining for 60 points plus the role players...I mean, it’s not like GS is all of the sudden some bum team without KD

for me, game 7 was far worse and it’s not even close...that made me not want to watch basketball...this game just showed me to never get my hopes up about something I always knew was the case, but hoped could be overcome anyways, and that is that Harden plus role players will NEVER win a title...so it is what it is, I had a great day today

I’ll hope for some great things this summer, and if not, then I’ll enjoy the regular season and expect the usual 2nd round or possibly WCF exit

18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

It's been declining ever since Tyrion killed Tywin. I think GRRM got stuck after the first three books, stumble-butted through the next two, and let writers block and fame rob us of the last two.

A picture's worth a thousand words, so:

Shameful how characters like Stannis, Tyrion, and Littlefinger were made idiots by the showrunners. Still, it's been quite the spectacle, right?

DreamShook likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

How cool would it be if danaerys was dating James harden ?

I guess it's nothing without a win .

But I had a vision of us winning game 6 and then she shows up to game 7 in costume and after we win it she just starts viciously making out with harden

I was a little high last night