1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THE BIGGEST ****ING INJUSTICE IN THE WHOLE ****ING WORLD

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Jan 19, 2002.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

WHAT THE **** WAS THAT . THE RAIDERS JUST GOT ****ING SCREWED STRAIGHT UP THEIR ****ING ASS , THAT BALL WAS A MOTHER ****ING FUMBLE AND THOSE SCREW ASSES MISSED THAT ****. ENJOY YOUR ****ING WIN PATRIOTS BUT REMEMBER YOU ****ING CHEATED . THAT WAS THE WORST CALL I HAVE EVER ****ING SEEN

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Wow...I have no idea what this is all about but it seems like you forgot one of those :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Did you hear them explain the penalty? They said even if he was faking the throw it counts as an incomplete pass if the ball comes out. I don't get it either. :confused:

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=1/2] Sorry, moe, but I thought that Det's reply was funny [/size]

5. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

Its about time a call goes against the rai-duhs.

Just win maybe!

6. junglerules

junglerules Member

I'm not crazy about tha Raiduhz, but I don't like to see a team get eliminated by a bad call. I am confused- isn't instant replay supposed to HELP you make sure you make the right call? Funny, but the refs HAD the right call, then used some inconclusive at worst, fumble proving at best videos to overturn the call.

Gotta love snowangels in the endzone, though:)

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Do you honeslty have an IQ over 40? or do you watch 1 football game per decade? The Raiders got screwed the whole game, Otis Smith and Ty Law were all over Rice and Brown and that one guy did a blatant Late hit on Gannon but nothing was called . "PAYED THE REFS WELL DID YA ROBERT????"

8. haven

haven Member

I thought that was a pretty awful call. I thought he'd finished re-tucking it when he got hit and was set to throw again.

I didn't even think there was any doubt. But even if there was, there *definitely* wasn't the incontrovertible proof necessary to overturn a play.

Horrible call. And Oakland lost because of it.

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

To me, it looked like Brady pump faked and had come down (ready to throw) when Woodson hit him = should have been Raider football. I don't know how that was overturned.

As a neutral fan, it was fun to watch Viniteri (sp?) nail that game tying FG.

10. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

By the rule book, tucking in the ball is part of forward motion. Now as for what it looked like, umm, no comment.

Go Pats. :)

11. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

What comes around eventually goes around. Chuckie & his merry bunch of punks get to watch the rest of the playoffs on TV:D :D :D :D :D

12. Timing

Timing Member

Maybe if Al Davis stopped suing the league he might get some calls. ;)

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it needs to be pointed out here that the Patriots didn't "cheat." The refs made a bad call, and it benefited the Patriots. The Raiders DID get cheatED, but don't go b****ing at the Patriots for taking advantage of a bad call.

14. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Patriots vs. Oakland

3rd and 16, Snake gets a phantom roughing the passer call and Raiders get a first down. It wasn't a game winning play but it allowed for Oakland to drive down and score the winning touchdown. Raiders go on to win the SuperBowl that year while the "should of" Patriots stay home.

Does this excuse the call, no. Refs make decisions, this one was questionable. It didn't steal the game though, Oakland still allowed for them to drive down and get a field goal to tie and in overtime a field goal to win.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Then why even bring it up. Its the whole two wrongs dont make a right. I mean you can't blame Jon Gruden for a call over 20 years ago.

While you can't blame the Patriots, you can honestly say that they were NOT the better team, so whenever there is an argument in the future about who won the game in playing better football as per the rules, the answer should be Raiders, imo.

16. The Voice of Reason

Im with you DBC

good game, now I just want the steelers to win

EDIT: ohh, and the patriots deffinately played better football. that is speaking objectively. I generally wanted the raiders to win it all this year, but the Pats are a good story. plus I lived in Rhode Island for a whiole. raiders were out played, and lost. bad call or not its just how it happened

#16 The Voice of Reason, Jan 20, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2002
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Didn't Snake roll the ball to Casper on a fake fumble years ago.

Don't you love karma?

:D

DaDakota

PS. The Mike Renfro call was worse.

18. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

What a bunch of sh**. Oakland got robbed. No, its not the Patriot's fault that the official is a FUC**** MORON who made a assinine reversal on a inconclusive replay. I just hate to see ANY team lose on such a HORRIBLE call. Damn, that was one of the worst screw jobs I have ever witnessed. Moe's first post about sums up how I feel about it.

19. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Thanks for bringing up that painful memory, coat-a:cool:

20. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Could have gone either way. Looked like he fumbled.

Regardless - their D didnt stop New England from getting the field goal to tie or the field goal to win in OT.

Brady was hot in the 2nd half. Completed 9 in a row at one time.

Go Pats...

If Raiders don't lose the last 3 of the season then they are at home and maybe they get the call...