1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Axis of Cohen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Buck Turgidson

It's Fredos all the way down.

JeffB, Torn n Frayed and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't really agree that it was necessary. But I'm no lawyer and definitely not qualified to be a judge.

3. conquistador#11

In today's U.S, you could be hired to the Supreme court! Don't sell yourself short. Just don't go around speaking that Mexican, it scares people.

mdrowe00 and justtxyank like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Do you stand for the national anthem?

YES?

How'd you like to get a lifetime appointment to a place on the federal bench?

CometsWin likes this.
  5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I agree that in a normal case, you could keep the 3rd client a secret. But the level of media scrutiny on this case forces judges to make decisions that are in the best interest of the court and judicial process. And the judge is in no position to keep that a secret. The judge can't make a ruling of this magnitude without having legitimacy in the eyes of the public.

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

I concur.

These are not normal proceedings because these are not "normal" times...
    ...or presidencies, as it were...

One of the consequences of people seeing a conspiracy around every corner is the need (especially in our legal and judicial proceedings) to be as open and declarative as possible about whatever facts are gleaned...no matter how minute...in practically any debate, discussion or deliberation of virtually any topic of public interest...six degrees of separation notwithstanding...

...more science, it seems, for those so desperate to conflate fact with fiction: "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction."

Or colloquially: '"...tell enough lies, and eventually somebody slips up and tells the truth..."

Or in Negrospeak: "...if you busy diggin' a hole to bury somebody in, you better dig two..."

#27 mdrowe00, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    da_juice and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. justtxyank

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Much like professional wrestling, winning on wrestling technicalities is sadly far from the point. The Derp state may end up winning when it comes to the folding chairs to the backs of our flummoxed heads.

Love Derp State, but it's not especially new, if that matters.

mdrowe00 and da_juice like this.
  10. justtxyank

To paraphrase was Hannity just said:
    Michael is not my lawyer. I never paid him for the legal advice that I sought from him and assumed would be protected by attorney client privilege despite him not being my lawyer. I had nothing to do with him his motion to block the release of my name even though I asked him to block the release of my name.

11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

"almost exclusively about real estate." ... :D

You were this close, Sean. Damn.

12. justtxyank

13. Nook

Nook Member

I am a lawyer and I tend to agree with you based on what I have heard but in fairness there could be a lot more that isn't known.

da_juice likes this.
  14. justtxyank

Basically Wood didn't ask about the third client until Cohen's attorneys asserted privilege on behalf of this client. They basically used the unknown third client as a way to try to get all of their documents back to protect this client's privilege. The nature of the unnamed client was that they were such an important person and unrelated to this issue that the court should weigh that individual's privilege over the government's need to go through the documents. This caused the judge to say "well, tell me who this client is and why they have such importance" and that sparked the arguing over why the client's identity should be protected.

Basically what I think is happening is that Michael Cohen is a bad attorney who doesn't have a great attorney and they made a not-good-attorney's attempt to use an anonymous client's privilege as a way to shut this down and it failed. Honestly it was probably done in coordination with Hannity. Wouldn't surprise me if Cohen and Hannity cooked up this whole thing hoping they could use it to block the documents from getting reviewed.

da_juice and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. NewRoxFan

ahh, in happier times...

[​IMG]

mdrowe00, tmoney1101 and justtxyank like this.
  17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

cryinglaughing.jpg

You pretty much nailed it. Too funny! "I thought I had attorney client privilege even though I wasn't his client and he wasn't my attorney." Oh, man. too good.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  18. justtxyank

19. NewRoxFan

SEAN HANNITY: ALL THE TIMES HOST DEFENDED MICHAEL COHEN WITHOUT REVEALING HE WAS TRUMP LAWYER’S CLIENT
    http://www.newsweek.com/hannity-cohen-defended-client-lawyer-888068

20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...like I said...

Tom Hagen this Michael Cohen character ain't...

Nook likes this.