1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Amazing Race 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dean, Jul 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I thought he was yelling at the ox. Just my humble opinion, but it's obvious that I am one of the people that can stand Colin. The religious models on the other hand.............

BTW, how the hell is Nichole the model? I would take Christie 8 days a week over her. Easy.

2. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Other than Chip(since he is the team), the rest of the teams are pretty annoying.

Collin is a prick, but his girl ain't much better since she just takes it(though part of me is thinking she does it to not blow the $$$)

THat blonde mom is super whiny. I hate hearing whiners.

And the models just need to stfu. Seriously.

3. benvolio

benvolio Member

Go Chip and Kim.

I kind of know Brandon, he's a good friend of mine's brother-in-law. Really down to earth nice guy, pretty much what you see on the show.

4. synergy

synergy Member

kinda bad news for amazing race fans, actually its good news since its not on saturday...

http://www.tvguide.com/news/thebiz/

Change of Pace

Is The Amazing Race headed for a detour?

If you were looking forward to watching the next season of The Amazing Race on Saturday nights this fall, start making other plans.

The next installment of the CBS reality show was supposed to air on TV's loneliest night of the week starting in late September. But as you know, hits are hard to come by, and if you have one, you don't put it on Saturday night, when young viewers are least available.

Ratings for the last few weeks of the current Amazing Race have been near the top of Nielsen's rankings for viewers 18 to 49. If it were the regular TV season, Race would be CBS's sixth most popular show in that demographic, which is favored most by advertisers.

That's why CBS is choosing to "rest" the show for about a month or so after it wraps up its current run in a two-hour finale on Tuesday. When The Amazing Race does come back, look for it to show up in a more high-profile time period.

CBS touts itself as the most popular network among viewers in all age groups, but being able to challenge NBC and Fox for leadership in the 18-to-49 category would help the network extract millions of dollars more in ad rates from Madison Avenue.

The Amazing Race can help CBS do that.

Where could it go? Tuesday is the most likely night, where CBS's baseball-themed drama Clubhouse is the longest of long shots at 9 pm/ET. Since NBC's Father of the Pride will apparently be sticking around for a while, Race would have no reality competition in the hour.

Or if one of CBS's new comedies doesn't work out, The King of Queens can return to Mondays, and Race could move into the Wednesday 9 pm slot, against ABC's The Bachelor, which is starting to fade.

Then there's Friday, where the new 10 pm drama dr. vegas is expected to be a tough sell.

Needless to say, CBS will have some options. Failure is inevitable when a new fall season rolls out. But rarely does a network have a weapon as potent as The Amazing Race to pull out when it happens.

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO COUNTERPROGRAMMING?

We know that the CSI: NY versus Law & Order showdown is one of the great prime-time matchups in years (both face off in the Wednesday 10 pm time period). But this is taking it a little too far.

A few weeks ago we received our invitation to a premiere screening of CSI: NY on Sept. 21 at the Ed Sullivan Theater. Then in the mail today comes a lovely invite from NBC to celebrate the network's Law & Order franchise. On the same night.

5. Matador

Matador Member

any predictions for tonight?

My picks:
    1st: Chip and Kim
    2nd: Colin and Christie
    3rd: Brandon and Nicole
    4th: Linda and Karen

want to win: Brandon and Nicole

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Chip gave it away in the last show when at the bridge road block he said, "If the moms can do this they are going to win the whole thing".

My prediction...

1st: Linda and Karen
    2nd: Chip and Kim
    3rd: Brandon and Nicole
    4th: Colin and Christie

I'd like to see Chip and Kim win, and Nicole and Christie in a make out session but I doubt those two things will happen.

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

I'm hoping the Moms win. I was a huge Chip fan until he used the yield. I'm still disappointed he didn't use the models as his pawns.

Anyone but the models and I'm happy.

8. ths balla

ths balla Member

do you all know where i can go to see last weeks episode?

9. synergy

synergy Member

you can download it from bit torrent.

rooting for the models..

10. dean

dean Member

about the bit torrent, you should be able to search it up at www.suprnova.org

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

sweet...she's breaking down.

12. synergy

synergy Member

wow, its getting exciting.

13. synergy

synergy Member

nice ending :)

14. Matador

Matador Member

SPOILERS

It looks like I nailed it on the head! :D

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Agreed. Good show all around. Can anyone confirm that only the first team gets any money? That is to say, team #2 was somewhat more gracious than I expected they would be...do you think they get some kind of reward.

16. synergy

synergy Member

I think they win a $50 gift certificate to Taste of Texas...:cool:

17. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Yay! My favorite team won! WTG Chip!

18. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Funny, I thought it for $50 bucks for Crab Shack.

19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Ultra Cool.....

not only did my favorites win, and my most disliked ones came in last.
    :D

Do ya think the various taxi drivers got real tired of hearing them constantly say "Faster, faster, Can't you go faster?"

and that one taxi guy in Dallas told them they weren't on a racetrack?
    that was funny.

20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Way to go Chip and Kim!

I was rooting for them ever since I saw Chip extremely excited just to be on The Nile. You could see they were truly loving and embracing every moment of the race.