1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Amazing Race 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dean, Jul 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. dean

dean Member

since im allowed to spoil away:

*SPOILER ALERT* just highlight to read on the bottom

i'm still pulling for kim and chip.as for colin the villain, i actually dont want him to get eliminated just yet mainly for entertainment purposes. its funny as hell how he verbally abuses his girlfriend and when his temper snaps. like chip said , i wanna see his attitude problem get the best of him and self-destruct. the religious models are so lucky that they are still in this. they shouldve gotten eliminated so bad because they would've lost fair and square by like 5 hours and that there was a non-elimination last week. I want the twins gone really bad too. they think so highly of themselves while in reality they are not marketable at all. kudos to the mothers for persevering under many setbacks (like mismanagement of money and their athletic disadvantages)

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

just finished watching it, quick download and even worked out the conversion so i can watch on big screen tv instead of computer (although the side slightly cut off)

another good episode, loved the brick challenge.. can't believe all the teams assumed someone else would have taken the fast forward... not really surprising that a chick wouldn't shave their head.. and if they find a way to get some cash which could be near impossible in Calcutta then i guess the godbothering models made an ok decision... laughed when she said there is no way brandon should shave his head as he is a model.. LOL

loved the way Chip is boosting Colin's ego i the hope he will trip himself up......

this is probably my favourite series, certainly in terms of the places they have been

3. dean

dean Member

yeah, this show is really good. good news that amazing race 6 will be on during the fall. nice that we dont have to wait til next summer.

favorite quote: Brandon struggles with bricks and slams on it "Dang! This is ticking me off!"

4. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Still love the moms along wtih Chip & Kim

Still can't stand the religious couple along with Colin.

I want a Zorb.

5. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I want to go zorbing and sledging - they both looked like so much fun. How bad would it suck at the rest stop knowing you spent x hours searching through the mud when you could have been sledging down rapids? Or that said decision got you eliminated?

6. SmeggySmeg

forgot to post in here earlier

good to see the twins out, nevertheless nice for them to make it this far being so dumb

i also want a zorb

also about time that driving and using a map became important.. seems like it could be Chip and Kim's weak area

still one more non elimination to go.. hopefully they save it for the last two teams

and wonder who will be first to use the yield

and great stuff by the mums, shows what you can do if you make no mistakes

7. synergy

synergy Member

How does that yield thing work? Doesnt it only slow you down for say 60 seconds. What is so big about the yield?

8. zenmar

zenmar Member

my bet is that the models would use it or the bowling moms, but it would surprised me if collin would used it bec. even if he is a time bomb he seems to be a guy who sticks with his principles. I just wish that the team that would use it would use it against collin but my gut feeling tells me that the team that would be yield would be chip and kim.

9. SmeggySmeg

not sure that looks like a fairly large hour glass, think the time can be variable but my guess is it could be a few minutes at least.... damn nice guy Chip should have used it

10. Nuggets4

Intense episode.

And FYI to all the teams involved -- JESUS DOESN'T CARE WHO WINS A REALITY TV SHOW!

</rant>

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly.

12. Gutter Snipe

That was a really cool episode. The best part was Colin's girlfriend saying "I HATE YOU!" ... and then kissing him at the end of the episode. The chick has no clue.

SPOILER BELOW (click and drag to read)

Man, my wife and I were cheering our butts off when the models came in. We were so disappointed that it was a non-elimination leg...

13. synergy

synergy Member

Good episode... It proved to me that Chip is a backstabber and can't be trusted.

My new favorite team is Colin's, but I'm hoping the models will pull it off.

Did anyone notice the part when Colin's girlfriend told the driver to run over the people on the streets. That was classic.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Any one think there was some fore shadowing when Chip said, "If the Moms can do this they are going to win the race"?

15. dean

dean Member

chip is not a backstabber, in my opinion. i still am rooting for his team. i was so pissed colins team didnt get eliminated. itll be hard begging for money with his kind of attitude though.

quote of the episode : colin, "omg i hate you(gasping)" to his girlfriend. its better if you saw that scene

16. Nuggets4

Well, Smeg, don't read this, I'm posting spoilers.

WHY did Chip use the yield? Everyone else was going to. Dude, quite simply, you let the models (who I REALLY wish would go away) use the yield, then they look like the bad guys. You get the same results, but without the blood on your hands. That really confused me.

Colin was actually coming across as a decent guy in that episode until the yak thing. That was just painful.

17. Matador

Matador Member

OK, I've watched every episode this season and it has been a great race.

Now that the final show is coming up its time to make your predictions:

Predict how you THINK the remaining teams will place 1 through 4. Also post which team you WANT to win and why.

Prediction:

1st: Chip and Kim: I think with all the teams focusing on Colin and Christie, Chip and Kim will slide in under the radar and win a tight race. Some luck will have to be involved but Chip and Kim are my prediction to win.

2nd: Colin and Christie: Even with Colin's monumental meltdowns this is still by far the best racing team. They do great at the airports getting flights, usually perform tasks faster than anyone else, and never seem to get lost. Their hardcore bickering doesn't seem to affect them too much. The main thing going against them is that all the other teams know they are the best racers. They will not receive any help and if the possibility arises they will be the yielded again.

3rd: Brandon and Nicole: This is my favorite team but they don't seem to have the wits that the top 2 teams have. They are always just there in the lower portion of the top of the pack; not making any huge mistakes but also not doing anything outstanding to rise above the competition. Brandon does well on the challenges and he doesn't get overly frustrated. Conversely Nicole seems to be the weak one of the couple and she is shown having a breakdown in the preview for the final episode.

4th: Karen and Linda: I am shocked that they have made it this far. They perform well in the challenges but seem to always fall behind when it comes to booking flights, taking taxis, or navigating/driving themsleves. They seem to be getting on each others nerves (especially Linda with all her high pitched whining).

Team I want to win: Brandon and Nicole. I think these two are great together. They seem to actually be enjoying their race and having fun with it, especially Brandon. Plus it doens't hurt that Nicole is HOT! If Brandon and Nicky can't win I wouldn't mind Chip and Kim taking the mil. Chip is great but Kim doesn't have much of a personality (at least it hasn't been shown on tv). I would be upset if Colin won just beacuse he is so pompus but it wouldn't surprise me if they won.

18. Gutter Snipe

Since we are posting spoilers, I thought it was classic the way Colin was ranting like a little b**** about getting yielded. It's part of the game - and just like any other reality series, if you look too strong people will target you.

Wah wah wah! (It was great!)

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Agreed. Everyone was there. Just make someone else do it. The bowling Moms would have definitely done it.

As for Colin, sometiems I want to root for him, sometimes against. The yak thing didn't make him look any less decent to me, his GF was not helping at all, and, despite the fact that it is part of the game, Colin had every right to be mad that Chip yielded him - the surprising part really is that they hadn't yielded anyone themselves up to that point.

20. SmeggySmeg

don't worry about spoilers, i just don't read the thread till i have watched it, which we did last night

completely agree Brandon was standing there, and they agreed in the cabs that they would both use the yeild on Colin... Chip completely screwed that... nevertheless i am not sure he is a backstabber... it was going to be used and is part fo the game..... not sure why Colin and Christie were so surprised...... as much as i hate them i sort hoped they would stay in to see the tension next week

btw another good episode... really love this series

was Colin saying i hate you to Christie or the Ox.... btw love to be a fly on the wall when the others say how quick the OX detour took to them.. and they would be like how????? i almost had to turn away i found his behaviour that bad in that scene.... but damn i had to laugh.. he is a complete dick.... he makes that Will guys from a few series back look sane........