1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Amazing Race 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dean, Jul 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Colin may not be the best, but I'd still prefer him to the twins or the religious models.

Of course, Chip is the coolest.

I don't know how anyone coul dhave liked Mirna and Chmirna. She kept saying how she wanted the world to see she could do this or do that despite here size then would constantly use it to her advantage - plus how can you root for any team that butchered the Spanish language as badly as they did - doctoro??

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

and on top of all that.....her cousin was a bit of a biitch...

Chip and Kim all the way....the other ones suck(except for the bowling moms, and Im not sure they are gonna make it)

3. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

didn't colin b**** at his girl cause she was struggling with the caviar?

he was having serious trouble with the eggs

4. dean

dean Member

from what i remember, he was pretty supportive when his partner was eating the caviar. he is an a-hole, but he has the ability to lead his team to the win. that would suck

5. New Jack

New Jack Member

Not getting the Colin hate. The guy is just really intense and is willing to do whatever it takes to win. He really struggled with the eggs, but not once did he look like he was ever going to give up. Unlike his girlfriend, who was constantly saying she couldn’t eat the caviar and wanted to give up.

6. synergy

synergy Member

Just finished watching the past three episodes off of bit torrent. For some reason I forget to watch it when its on tv. Anyways, my thoughts so far:

I really am rooting against Colin. He is a tool.

I was sad to see Mirna and Sharla go. Stars of the show. Very funny and very inspiring.

I like the religious team. They seem to have class.

I like Chip, hoping he goes all the way. Another classy team.

Glad the two fat brothers lost. Very annoying. Sad that they were from Texas.

Rest of them I really dont care much about, or I dont think they will last.

I thought how it was so funny that the religious team and the twins had to pay $100 for the bus ride, apiece while everyone else paid $5.00.

I guess the Nigerian money scheme isn't strictly within Nigeria itself.

7. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

The religious team has class? The same team that will offer to team up with another team, ride their coattails and then abandon them when the other team needs help? Um, ok.

Chip & Kim along with the Bowling Moms are the best teams out there. I do'nt mind Colin nearly as much as you guys, but agreed he can be a tool at times.

As long as the religious team loses now, I'm happy.

8. dean

dean Member

the new episode just aired. i dont wanna give spoilers. but i gotta say it was probably the most awesome episode yet.

9. synergy

synergy Member

yea, it was good tv. once again colin proves he is a tool. i was scared for him at one point. he has some real guts.

10. dean

dean Member

before this episode, i used to respect him marginally for his passion to do anything to win, but now i don't respect him at all due to his ignorance. his aggressive actions had the potential to be detrimental more than anything .

11. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

crap, i had my online draft and missed it

12. Nuggets4

I lost respect for Colin too. I feel for Christie, she seems like a genuinely good human being. Still hate the models. Nicki didn't exactly come out of this episode smelling like roses either, it's just Colin's snafu was bigger.

I wish I was related to Chip. He's just a damn cool guy.

13. synergy

synergy Member

why the hate for the models? I personally am rooting for them or chip and kim.

14. pault03

pault03 New Member

Colin was a total idiot last night. It was as if he cared more about the $50 difference than the race. I mean give me a break. He's on this great show having the time of his life on CBS' bank account, and with a fine woman, and he wants to gripe about the taxi fare? Please. She needs to dump him after the race.

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

damn Colin is a tool... all over 50 bucks and a cab ride that really didn't cost them much time.. was really hoping he would get thrown in jail.... still he domination of christie is very disturbing and her apologising was even worse... talk about psychological abuse... he is shocking

another non elimination should be interesting.. once again the stupid mistake costs the twins.. still not sure a team as dumb as them has ever got this far before.. should be interesting watching them flirt their way to some cash in Dubai.....booty time

also don't chip and kim have no money left..... who would have thought money would become inportant and did you see how much cash the twins handed over

btw anyone who downloads the avi off bittorrent

has anyone worked out how to convert them to dvd to watch on tv/dvd instead of on their computer... i got the video to work perfectly but for some reason the audio just disappears in my first stage on coverting it from avi to mpeg if anyone can help that would be sensational

16. dean

dean Member

anyone catch the new episode?

pretty damn good

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Those darn non elimanation legs. I was ready for the virgin/model/religious couple to go home. I'm sick of "it's a blessing" "god protect her" etc. He didn't even help her other than saying "god protect her" What would have happened if she was being assualted or abducted?? Would he have just stood by and watched waiting for god to protect her? I'm all for looking to god for guidance but damn man you have to take control of your own life.

18. Nuggets4

Remember, Smeg's on delay so try to avoid spoilers.

Also, Smeg, let me know where you got this week's episode. For some reason, the coverage of the RNC ran long on the local CBS here and I gave up after 10 minutes only to find out they switched to TAR right after I did.

19. Fatty FatBastard

Actually, Smeg said he doesn't look at this thread until after he's seen the episode.

SPOIL AWAY!!

20. Fatty FatBastard

BTW, the Smeg thing reminds me when I was living in London. My Dad would tape all of the Oiler games for me, so I could see them on Tape delay.

Of course, I never could wait. They had this 30 minute program highlighting the NFL every week. I found out about a 3 hour game in 30 seconds.

Then when the tape came in, I couldn't really get into it. Stupid spoiler shows.:mad: