1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank You.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mattj, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Mattj

Mattj Member

I just wanted to extend a big thank you to all the good people here on clutchfans for the kind words over the last few weeks. This has been a very difficult/emotional few months for me personally and professionaly and I am glad that there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.

I could not be happier or more excited about reuniting with my good friend Adam Wexler on our new home Sportstalk 790am. I realize many people may view us as the underdogs in this market, but we will work our asses off to earn your respect.

I think many of you are familar with our style and show, and I hope that you will take a listen beginning Monday morning at 6am.

3 people like this.
  2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Good luck Mattj. I think you and Wex did the right thing. Looking forward to the new show.

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

good luck and congratulations.

4. cdastros

cdastros Member

My radio has been on 790 since Friday ;) . I will miss you doing the Texans post game show though.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

congrads man, as one that met you a few times, along with Adam just last month after the Lakers game at Jack Daniel's Old Number 7, yall deserve all the props yall get.

610 WILL NOT be the same without you guys, if only the Rockets can get out of their contract and go to 790 also, it would be beautiful.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

610 could not have been stupider. They are gonna lose a lot of viewers. The only channels I will listen to anymore are 790 and 1560.

7. studogg

maybe it's just me, but I don't think they are worried about their viewership totals

8. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

you're very welcome

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

listeners, ass

10. studogg

:grin: just having fun, not meaning to be a ...

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

heh. That was funny.

Anyhoo.

I probably won't listen.

til 8am. No chance in hell will I wake up at 6 to listen. I'm coming around to Marc, but John Lopez is killing me.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

i know :p

13. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Stop sucking a$$ Matt..we are all ready too. ;)

Dude, I cant wait.

14. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'll have my alarm clock set to you guys at 6:30am(6 is too early). Good luck on the new show, I'm sure it's going to be a great success.

Too bad you can't bring the Eric Winston show over with you guys as well.

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Congrats Matt, and I know you probably can't say anything about but I wish you could tell us how this all came about/what happened at the station toward the end. I find that stuff interesting.

Oh well. I'll definitely be listening to you guys at 790. Good luck.

16. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Matt I've told you my prediction for your future both here and personally, this new adventure is yet another step towards that direction.

Have fun :)

17. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Congrats, Matt. Now the only reason I'll have to listen to 610 is for Rockets games. Beyond that, 610 freakin' sucks.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Congrats, Matt. You earned it. I am so glad I get to hear you again with a co-host who doesn't make me want to kill puppies. I know you both will do well at 790.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Good job Matt, I knew one day you would rise from the Slums of the Eastside and work your way up slowly, making sure to make many friends to stab in the back repeatedly, always clawing the faces off of all who opposed your nefarious rise to success.

Kudos on a hand well played, compadre.

20. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i can't imagine how difficult it's been giving up your first born to get this gig.

with that said, good luck man, i (along with countless (not really) others) will be listening on monday.