1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Rafael Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 30, 2024.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Facts lol, I thought the dude was Italian or something

javal_lon and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Says you. He’s been good and bad

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Says me? The whole world sees our roster & what we've done this year. The roster accumulated itself?

T for 3 likes this.
  4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Big ups to Tilman too. Wokes will **** on him no matter what, but he wants to win and it shows.

Y2JT likes this.
  5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He’s been good in certain aspects and bad in others.
    Now we know why you like him, always wondered why you liked a white GM so much.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

We can only speculate as to why he hates Sengun.

But he is not the only one.

clos4life, BallSoHarden and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Him in particular? No he’s said as much, he called him overrated because he’s white and would be an average player if his skin was darker. His history says very clearly why he doesn’t like Alp.
    Either way it doesn’t matter, the dude is a clown. Has zero idea what he is talking about ever.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Some fans understand the tanking years, which were very successful and necessary for accumulating and drafting talent. Some but not all of course, do actually have agendas sadly. And some only see the surface that we had losing seasons, but those same fans' sentiments are changing as we're starting to win and grow.

As we get better it will take care of itself, development, winning and accomplishments will always turn heads and change minds. Look at how the national media is responding to our win streak and growth.

Stone has been fantastic big picture and the long-term plan, some fans are even advocating patience now which is great to see. Enjoy watching the team grow.

xaos likes this.
  9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lol. You're doing mental gymnastics just to not give Stone his full credit, which makes my point for me. What is bad about the results we're seeing?

10. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

This is the weirdest funniest thread I have seen on CFs for some time. We've got it all here. Including race, references to the woke(?), and weird half agreements and whatnot. Awesome.

But honestly, let's be real, did anyone really think Stone was doing an "awesome" job before Ime or the 11 game win streak? Personally, I was still on the fence. Figured, "you loose Harden and it wasn't your fault" it's gonna be a dumpster fire for awhile. But then the Silas years, oh the Silas years, and KPJ I was leaning towards the need for a new GM.

But here we are. 11 game win streak. Whodathunkit? Awesome!

Now I wanna keep the weird going. I always thought he was black. Like a 100% black with a white great grandmother or something. And my old grandpa Ben Shapiro listening zombie friend said he was a "woke" hire. Like he said DaMeco Ryans was a "woke" hire. I'm not sure exactly what "woke" means (except maybe the new "politically correct" from the days before the internet).

If we make the play in I am ready to crown Stone king. Regardless, this is pretty awesome to be cheering into the fourth quarter of game in late March. I think I will go buy Stone beer tonight in his honor.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

If the Rockets go on to lose their last 10 games and Jalen Green shooting like 40% the rest of the way, I bet you it will be all about firing Stone and what Jalen Green is worth on the trade market threads again. This type of mood swings used to annoy me, but after marriage I just chalk it up to Rockets fans being like my wife during her special time of the month.

12. mightybosstone

For the record, until this thread, I had no clue he was mixed race, Black, etc. I don't doubt that race sometimes plays a factor in some biases, but I kinda doubt that's the case here given that I doubt most people even know he's Black.

For the record, I think Stone has done a decent job. He deserves some credit for the young core he's helped acquire, for bringing in Udoka and for the improvement this year. He's made mistakes along the way, but I think he's earned respect as a competent NBA general manager. And those who are critical of him are likely critical of some of his more questionable moves, mainly his love for KPJ.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Buddy national media ranked the Rockets young core as one of the most promising futures in the league by the most well known NBA analysts for a long time now well before this 11 game winning streak.

The perception of how well the Rockets are rebuilding after they ditched Silas is SIGNIFICANTLY more positive outside of rocket fan social media like Clutchfans, twitter and reddit.

clos4life and xaos like this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry, you’re the only one that does mental gymnastics. Your opinions on Alp are mental.
    I have never said anything bad about Stone, but he’s not an upper tier GM, yet

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

I googled and can't find any reputable national media with such rankings besides suspect ones like fansided or sbnation. The closest I've found is this pre-season GM survey which had a top 3 of OKC/Orlando/Cleveland. The Rockets had an over/under in Vegas this year of 31.5 wins. So the national perception of the team can't be THAT high coming in.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That's weird, we have very hard evidence of him not display that trait in 2019-2021 when he inherited a championship roster. I guess wokes will support anyone blindly.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is funny. Cleveland's top scorers in order are 27, 24, 25, 22, 29, 28, 30, 23.
    Rockets top 8 are 21, 22, 30, 20, 28, 19, 22, 21.

I mean, OK - but if you love this Cavs team you better be expecting them to show something real soon.

If I was starting a franchise right now I'd take Houston or even San Antonio for Wemby alone over Orlando or Cleveland.

Richie_Rich and xaos like this.
  18. T for 3

T for 3 Member

huh? He inherited a disgruntled James Harden who skipped town and demanded Westbrook be traded. Championship roster...hahah cmon now. And yes, that is true of Wokes generally.

19. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Allow me to jar your memory, He bought the team before the 2017-18 season.
    That team was a torn hamstring away from a title, and Tilman refuses to go above the luxury tax, resulting in Ennis replacing the likes of Ariza, which, according to CP3, hurt the team.

Hell, remember the Danuel house debacle where he wasn't signed until March or something because of the luxury tax? A reminder that one more win that season and the Rockets play a crippled GSW team in the conference finals instead of a healthy one in the Semis.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Best GM ever.