1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you 2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Jul 8, 2018.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I was selling Sweet Lou short this entire time. Just look at what he did to you..

When racking up Ls like you are, move on man. Not doing yourself any favors.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

My input: this is what happens when people resort to thuggary. In this case, there was no reason to incite violence. If the three kids were so important

That said, if a person carrys, there should be a higher expectation of the individual. A person should not get a right to let the situation to continue to escalate if they can walk away. Personally I think this guy should get manslaughter.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and durvasa like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neither is that magic thunderstick you got up your ass.

4. dmoneybangbang

The folks who stupidly believe the 2nd amendment is to protect against tyranny are the issue. You can’t fix stupid and these folks are what’s holding back smart gun control.

These knuckle draggers jack off to Red Dawn and have become deluded about how powerful they actually are compared to an actual army.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

His threats are troublesome but not a real danger. Most insane people are not physically violent.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I've not received a single coherent answer from those people on who the arbiter is to determine when it's okay to use firearms to gun down govertment officals because of tyranny.

Obviously that threshhold wasn't met with black people under Jim Crow laws because those same dipshits b****ed about Black Panthers using firearms as a show of force.

So when is that threshold met and who is the arbiter in determining the proper time to "fight tyranny" with firearms?

Any gun lunatics want to answer?

#146 fchowd0311, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

But ma Goldwater rule!

I'm sure you advocate for that rule when armchair psychiatrists diagnose Trump's insanity.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So, what are you advocating? Remove everybody's guns? Good luck with that! There are over 300 million guns in the US - they aren't going anywhere.

The true idiots are those who just lazily say "get rid of the guns and everything will be fixed!". That's not reality.

9. Bandwagoner

I just think it's a shame that they are forced to live on the streets.

To answer your question about governments I could give you many examples of tyrannical governments (Anti Rightist Campaign in PRC) I think an armed populace makes it less likely those things happen. As a matter of deterrence. I also believe humans are short sighted and think the current utopia we have here will last for generations.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The true idiots are the ones who claim the other side is arguing for, "get rid of the guns and everything will be fixed!" That's not even close to the reality of what they are saying.

11. dmoneybangbang

Lol are you lazy or just stupid? Where have I suggested or implied confiscating 300 million guns?

Added are the idiots who just assume everyone who doesn’t agree just want to take away all the guns. These fools also hold this country back due to their impotence, they think guns add a few inches to their peckers.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What kind of baby are you?

Morons like you should not have a gun.

13. dmoneybangbang

I owned a LLC under Obama to take advantage of the explosion in guns. I got my FFL (federal firearm license) to do transfers. I’m a guy who likes to guy to range 2-3 times a month but the gun culture keeps shifting towards paranoia and anger. I love it as a hobby/sport but it’s getting out of hand.

14. Bandwagoner

Further illustrates how the gun lobby is wholly controlled by gun owners. The dealers and manufactures give zero f's about gun rights. It is only the consumers that force them to tow the line.

Dealers would LOVE a universal background check law. Profits through the roof. Coming out in favor of it gets you blackballed.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah.... this was several people making poor decisions. The dead man REALLY went overboard throttling the man to the ground, and the old man did not need to shoot the guy once he was on the ground.

Had there not been a gun involved, I don't think anyone dies....... but maybe the dead man would have curb stomped the old man to death.... I also wonder if the old man would have been so quick to get in everyone's business without a gun.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is a very fair interpretation of the situation and IMO he didn't have to actually shoot the guy to stop the attack, the attacker would have almost certainly run away at the sight of the gun, it looked like he was planning on doing so as he was shot....but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there's very little time to make the decision to fire and he didn't have the benefit of our 3rd party viewpoint.

I also agree that maybe this guy isn't such an ******* about the woman parking in a handicapped spot if he's not armed, but it's possible that he would have anyway if he was just "that guy". To me it seems like just another situation where 3 awful people collided (Scumbag that wrongly parks in handicapped spots, scumbag that feels free assaulting others, scumbag that feels free getting in other people's business and calling them out on doing scumbag things) leading to an assault and then a shooting.

Duncan McDonuts, Nook and Bandwagoner like this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

I didn’t make much money, probably the same as someone who does Uber part time. It was the gun owner culture that turned me off. A federal universal background check, instead of patchwork of federal, state, and municipal laws would be smart policy. Like the tax laws, they are intentionally complex in order to take advantage of loopholes. Big business wants loose rules in order to get those profits.

18. Bandwagoner

Yes without a requirement that all transactions pay your kitchen table FFL fee, your profits were probably not worth the legal liability. Coming out in favor of such things has sunk manufactures and dealers.

Which patchwork are you referring too with regards to your Federal firearms license where you interacted with a federal agent, filed paperwork to a federal agency and followed the federal laws? An LLC of any type will have to deal with the state for formation and taxes, making every transaction fill out a 4473 won't change that.

I find your last sentence odd and would love clarification. Big business loves regulations as they typically write them in their favor and have r****d legislators pass them without reading. How do you see this relevant to your small FFL?

19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Which should lead to the logical conclusion that you can't trust awful/ignorant people to make rational decisions with firearms. The general US public aren't competent to comprehend the magnitude of firearms. I think it's legal to carry them (the 2nd amendment is notoriously confusing, despite anyone's efforts to simplify) but to me it's pretty obvious that we can't trust our fellow man to play with guns. It's astounding how much senseless gun violence takes place in my jurisdiction.

As far as "if people attack people, they deserve to get shot". Meh, that's too broad. The law has an impetus on preserving life. It's etched in the Constitution which derives from Christian principles, Founding Father insight, the Golden Rule, etc. Whatever the inspiration is, life is valued.

20. Bandwagoner

The gun culture changed in the 1990's and early 2000's. Part of it was a natural progression of fewer and fewer sportsman dictating the market with the old guys dying off. Another part was increased concern over weapons bans and insanely over zealous BATFE under Janet Reno. The switched happened long before Obama. The interesting thing is with a lack of paranoia, the popularity of single load (not even repeater) bolt action rifle F-class shooting has exploded.

Nook likes this.