1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TF: Shut up and listen--Rockets Immediate Action Plan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Ok, we're past the time for change and TF needs to take action. Here's my thoughts, please share yours.

#1 - Fire Silas and promote Lucas to Interim HC for remainder of the season.
    #2 - Put Stone on notice that he needs to get his s**t together trade Gordon and find a backup PG because...
    #3 - TyTy Washington is our new starting PG. This will dramatically cut down TOs, ISO and should improve our efficiency and defense.
    #4 - Eric Gordon is on the bench until traded... don't want to risk an injury and need to develop KMJ/Eason.
    #5 - KPJ is 6th man playing mostly SG/SF or is traded if someone will give us something that is useful--anyone have any ideas dm Stone @buyingsomemoretimebeforeI'mfired.com.
    #6 - Stone begins search for new HC and is ready to interview and execute when the season is over.

Some may disagree or have better ideas. If you have constructive feedback on the above, please share. I'm tired of this "same ol' crap" approach TF you need to shut up, listen to your fanbase and take some action.

Ok, I feel better now--thanks for letting me vent! :D

2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

5 stars for the title... but I suspect things are going just as planned for Stone. Silas has commanded the tank admirably, wittingly or not.

It's frustrating I know, but keep your eye on the prize...

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Sooner, oh I'm embracing the tank for one more year, but I think the things above will help better develop our young players so that we can be prepared to win more in 2023-24. I'm also skeptical we'll get #1 or #2 given our track record in the lottery recently.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

Yall smoking too much if you think any amount of change this year will make us a good team, this year.

5. Garner

Garner Member

Stone is crushing the draft; so let’s not mess with that.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The great thing about the OP’s recs, they are all necessary and yet still compatible with the tank. Lucas and TyTy are not gonna fundamentally alter the tank, but they will better the team. Same with moving EG. He doesn’t want to be here and I’m tired of watching him hobble towards the rim in an attempt to draw cheap fouls. His game is now about tripping over himself and parking lot shots.

#6 Aruba77, Jan 1, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
    crimsonghost, Easy, xaos and 3 others like this.
  7. maj21

maj21 Member

TyTy is not that dude, so please stop dreaming lol. He doesn’t put enough pressure on the defense and can’t shoot right now.

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It’s hard to disagree with this. I’m sick of them constantly losing with basically no improvements. There needs to be change. They’re getting stagnant.

evo8lover and Shark44 like this.
  9. bmelo

bmelo Member

How does John Lucas change anything dude runs his stuff behind the scenes right now and it aint working

FrontRunner likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

No guys if we just fire Silas it will make the Worst Young Core in the NBA= good

jim1961 likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So the plan is to fire the coach, make the starting lineup worse and the bench unit better?

How would this be any better than simply waiting till the end of the season to fire Silas and keeping the best players starting (after dumping EG obviously)?

maj21 likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

When he managed to take 3 on 1 break in the 1st half and instead of passing, get a bailout foul and then miss 1 FT i knew he's a perfect fit for this team

Sep11ie, maj21 and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

talent infusion is never solution to being a bad team...everybody is talented in nba...its the coaching or management of talent that transforms bad teams into good ones...
    [​IMG]

DeBeards and Shark44 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

your steps are being too specific altho i agree with mayority of them, i would rather they define general principles behind these decisions and work to implement them...

replacing silas or stone with another bb moron/ bot that will repeat the same ole dumb mistakes, perhaps just of another variety, is not the solution....

Shark44 likes this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Exactly, that's great and you're missing the OPs point!

Shark44 likes this.
  16. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

I get the whole tank stuff and all but as a fan of the team im tired of them constantly loosing.

Shark44 likes this.
  17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

HC: Not suggesting Lucas is long-term answer, but he has some fire in his belly still and we need some life vs a zombie running this team. The easy path is stay the course and let this mess fester further, leaders take action--that's what I'm suggesting. If it ain't working, staying the course is dumb. You can still tank w/o fostering this crap.

Lineup Changes: More about accountability and fit. TyTy is a more natural PG who takes much better care of the rock than KPJ. He isn't likely the long-term answer, but why not use the rest of the season to see what he can do and at least provide better ball movement than we have now? There are a number of threads on KPJ's PG skills, but frankly speaking he shouldn't be the leader/face of this team. Moving him to 6th man role takes him down a notch, which maybe triggers his emotional issues, but it gives the team an ability to see if he can handle the adversity or whether he implodes. It also allows team to evaluate him as a 6th man. Maybe Stone can package him with EG for something before the move is made, but it appears Stone sees him as part of the future.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

tanking never works, just look at 76ers

if the counter argument is but they were never allowed to finish the proces then that's exactly my point...

at some point silver will intervene and youll be worse off than with legit rebuilding

evo8lover likes this.
  19. maj21

maj21 Member

He sucks lol

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to the HC, I just don't see a point in firing him right now since Lucas isn't a serious candidate for the next HC anyway. So where I'm at is that I don't see a difference one way or the other. So if you want to do it, fine, I just wouldn't expect it to change anything. Certainly not until next season when they bring in a real coach.

As to the lineup, sure Tyty is more of a traditional PG in that he lacks the skill to be a combo guard....and he "takes care of the ball" better in that he doesn't really even attempt to do much....but you need someone on the team who is capable of actually creating for others and Tyty doesn't really do that either.

You'd basically be taking the best guard on the roster and bringing them off the bench just to do it. It would be similar to suggesting we bench Green for Mathews because shooting guards need to be able to shoot and Green's 32% from 3 isn't acceptable. While you could say that and technically everything about it would be accurate, it still wouldn't be an argument that would convince anyone because obviously there's more to it than that. Your argument for Tyty over KPJ is essentially the same thing.

I think it's best if we use the rest of the season to see if Tyty can become even a backup quality PG, he's shown he's better than Nix....but he still hasn't shown that he's a quality backup PG just yet.

As to KPJ being the "leader/face of the team....this team doesn't have one. No one on this team has earned the "franchise" role. It sounds a lot like you want a player benched because you are afraid they are upstaging others by outperforming them.....and that's just weird.