1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Senate Gossip!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by trueroxfan, May 7, 2012.

1. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

May 6, 2012 10:17 PM
    SENATOR PATRICK RESPONDS
    Says Carona still owes wife and family an apology
    In what is probably his final email to his colleagues on the subject, Senator Patrick responds:
    I am sad that our e-mails are no longer private. I simply wanted to stop a lie that was hurting my family. I can assure you I have first hand knowledge that my statement is correct about Senator Carona spreading the lie about our separation and possible divorce. I would not have sent you my e-mail unless it was true. And I would not have sent it to you except I wanted it to stop. Senator Carona's response now launches into another attack, another lie, about me. I truly don't know what to say about his behavior. It speaks for itself. I will not be sending any other e-mails on this issue. Now that we no longer can trust our communications to stay among us, I will wait until we meet again in person.
    Here is my response to the media.
    I find Senator Carona's response repulsive and unbecoming of a Senator. I stand by my statement. I have first hand knowledge that he has been spreading this lie.
    He is playing the old political game of spreading a lie hoping it becomes a story.
    I will always defend my wife and my family. He still owes my wife and my family an apology. Now he owes me an apology for his latest smear, another fabrication by Senator Carona.
    John is at a very dark place in his life for some reason. But I will continue to forgive him. My wife will continue to forgive him as well.
    It's times like this that a man's faith and character is tested. My faith and my character is strong.
    Senator Dan Patrick
    Copyright May 06, 2012, Harvey Kronberg, www.quorumreport.com, All rights are reserved

May 6, 2012 9:17 PM
    UPDATED: DAN PATRICK AND JOHN CARONA GO TO DEFCON 4
    Exchange of emails to colleagues signals massive breakdown inside Senate
    This story has been updated to include an email sent to Senator Patrick by Senator Judith Zaffirini earlier this evening
    Earlier today, Quorum Report received a copy of an email sent by Senator Dan Patrick to his thirty Senate colleagues accusing Dallas Senator John Carona of spreading rumors and untruths about he and his wife. We notified both parties that we had copies of the email. Senator John Carona subsequently responded just as forcefully in an email also distributed to his colleagues.
    The exchange suggests deep and irreconcilable conflicts between the two Senators which has probable implications into the next session and beyond.
    There will be time to sort out the political implications. For the moment, we simply reprint the exchange.
    First the email sent to his colleagues by Senator Patrick. What follows is Senator Carona’s response.
    To my fellow Senators,
    Members, I wish I didn't have to address this issue with you, but I've been put in a position where I have no choice. If the issue only concerned me I would let it pass as just another example of the sleazy side of politics. Unfortunately, it concerns lies said by another Senator about my wife, Jan, that impacts our entire family.
    When I joined the Senate in 2007 I was told that no matter how strong our differences might be on the floor, in committee, or between parties, when it came to issues regarding our families, health, or personal issues outside of politics, we came together as one. Without this mutual respect toward each other as fellow human beings, husbands, wives, parents, and grandparents, it would make our job even more difficult than it already is.
    All of us understand that we are in a rough and tumble business. We fight for what we believe is in the best interests of our constituents and our state. The exchanges can get intense at times, but we never drag our families into our legislative battles, or attempt to hurt another's family for personal or political gain outside the Senate. Sadly, that line has been crossed and because it continues it must be addressed.
    About two months ago a Senator called me and said I should know something that had been told to them by credible sources. They said they would want to know if it was being said about them. The Senator had been told Jan and I were separated. The person who was spreading this lie to them then asked if in they thought a divorce would impact Dan's chances to run for Lt Governor if I ran in 2014.
    The story was so ridiculous that I just blew it off. There wasn't one ounce of truth to it. When I told Jan, we laughed about it. We've been married 37 years. We have a great marriage. As I told the Senator who called me, whoever was behind this lie couldn't possibly know anything about us. They obviously missed the fact that we just bought a new home last fall, were heading off on a long trip we had planned last year, and except for the time I'm in Austin, we are seldom apart. Everyone knows we have a great marriage. The fact that it was so easy to disprove made it that much more unbelievable.
    I had a theory that it was likely someone local who might have a reason to stir up trouble. We all have enemies who delight is spreading rumors or making up stories about us. It never crossed my mind that a fellow Senator would be fabricating or spreading this story. And I surely didn't think any Senator would go so far as to tell people outside the Senate and around the state that it was fact.
    I was in Dallas last week and learned that Senator Carona has told people outside the Senate that Jan and I are separated and may get divorced. He added in a few other negative comments about me in an obvious attempt by him to discredit me for some reason. He can say anything he wants to about me, but saying that Jan and I are separated and may get a divorce is not fair to her or my family.
    You all know Jan. You couldn't find a nicer person. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body. For John to do this to her is a despicable and low thing to do. She can't believe any Senator would do this to another member's family. This is not John being John. There is no excuse or justification for his actions. He could have easily checked the story out to see if it was true. He didn't care if it was true.
    Whether Senator Carona is the one who made up this lie, or is simply guilty of spreading it, it is equally offensive. And if it was true I'd like to think he would have called to see how I was doing, not to exploit it for some perceived gain on his part. I don't know how John will be able to look Jan in the eye the next time we are together at an event. It's a good thing for him she is a forgiving person.
    If we were in session I would be justified in asking for a personal privilege speech and demanding an apology on the floor. However, I prefer to handle this internally and that is the purpose for this email. First, while I shouldn't have to say this to any member, he has put us in a position that I have to be sure everyone knows the story is patently false. If anyone tells you this story is true I hope you will call them out for spreading this lie. This must stop now.
    Next, John needs to call or write Jan and apologize immediately. If he wants to apologize to me that is up to him. Lastly, He needs to tell everyone he told this lie to that it's not true and that he has apologized for saying it was.
    Make no mistake, Jan is hurt by this. At first she thought it was just some stupid gossip spread by someone who didn't know us. She never dreamed a Senator would be part of it. But now that Senator Carona is telling people outside our body, as far away as Dallas, it is no laughing matter to her. Senator Carona has not only put me, but more importantly, placed Jan and my family in a position they do not deserve.
    The Bible says, "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." God doesn't call on us to only forgive the little injustices that come against us, but all trespasses. So whether he apologizes or not, Jan and I will forgive John. But he still must be held accountable.
    The upcoming session is going to require leadership and integrity from each of us. We were sent to Austin to solve problems, not to maliciously create them. I hope we all agree this type of behavior will not be tolerated from any member now or in the future.
    Respectfully,
    Dan Patrick

Senator John Carona responded this evening:
    Dan: I would have replied sooner, but I just returned home after a weekend away with my wife and kids. The email which you blasted to our colleagues and then provided to the media is false and you would have known that had you called or emailed before sending it.
    Though I have heard rumors regarding your marital status and sexual preferences for a while now, at no time have I told anyone that you are either separated, divorced, or gay. These are private matters between you, your family, and your minister and none of us wishes to engage in the public discussion that you have now commenced.
    Call me cynical, but I believe your motivation for pulling this stunt centers around your paranoia over the 2014 Lt. Governor's Race (for which you appear to have declared candidacy) and your concern that no other Senate Republican emerge as a threat to your ambitions. As you know, if you truly believed I had said something unflattering, you could have simply asked. I've never been shy about sharing my dislike and distrust of you. Put bluntly, I believe you are a snake oil salesman; a narcissist that would say anything to draw attention to himself.
    Before you rely upon gossip next time, why not just give me a call. You might avoid making yourself look silly....again.
    John Carona

After our original posting, QR obtained a copy of an email sent by Senator Judith Zaffirini to Senator Patrick earlier this evening:
    Dan
    Your email is the first that I have heard about this issue. I’ve talked to several senators recently, including Senator Carona, and the subject never came up. I only wish that you had contacted him when you heard about it, giving him the opportunity to respond.
    I simply cannot imagine Senator Carona ever spreading any rumors about anyone. Your email judges him and assumes that all of us will too—on the basis of an anonymous accusation. I know him well enough to know that he says what he means and means what he says—and isn’t shy about it. He also believes in (and practices) face-to-face interaction, not backstabbing.
    My questions follow: (1.) Who said this to you? Given your earlier email, we have a right to know.
    (2.Why didn’t you contact Senator Carona, instead of accusing him before the entire Senate?
    Z
    By Harvey Kronberg
    Copyright May 06, 2012, Harvey Kronberg, www.quorumreport.com, All rights are reserved

LOLOL. Drama up hur at the Cap!

2. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Read from the bottom up, I coppied from my email and that's the way it was written...

3. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cliff notes, please and thank you.

1 person likes this.
  4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Cliff notes?

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Wellllll...

Patrick sent an email to the Senators complaining about Corona spreading rumors about him.

Corona comes back saying he didn't, that if he has never liked or respected Patrick and has never been quiet about that. He calls Patrick a narcissist and a oilslick salesman or something.

Then Zaffirini comes in and is like why didn't you just email Corona?

Patrick then responds saying he didn't think this would be made public.

It's much better if you read it. You can hear Corona's MoF tone.
    I bolded one of my favorite parts, where he brings up Patrick's sexual orientation, even though it had nothing to to do with what Patrick was complaining about.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

Cliffing this doesn't make it interesting. It's not interesting that Senator Patrick is accusing Senator Corona of spreading rumors about him. It's interesting/hilarious that he sent an email to the Senate, then they sent it and all the responses to the media. Then, the way Corona comes back is just hilarious.

If I was to just say. Hey Sen. Corona is being accused of spreading rumors about Sen. Patrick's marriage, would that interest you? Doubt it.

Don't be lazy. Read. It takes 2 minutes.

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

I thought summer started.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Hey guys, I got to chapter 15. How far did you get?

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Shows you how busy these assholes are. *SIGH*

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't like how they totally changed it from the books.

The scene where Senator Patrick took the guys head off with a trident being omitted was a big deal, IMHO, marked a pivotal point in the series.

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

O...M...GEE! patick iz a slut. he tryin 2 act like he dun nutin' wrong. he knowz hez the beby daddy.

13. mclawson

mclawson Member

Why can't people get the DEFCON scale right? 1 is the highest alert, with 5 the least severe. We are currently at DEFCON 4.

14. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

And you know happens at Defcon 1?

[​IMG]
    World War III

1 person likes this.
  15. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Private e-mails? What a moron!

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Finally read the whole thing and, yeah, it was boring.