1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texas Longhorns Start Drive to MNC w. Tune up over Rice

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by glynch, Sep 1, 2010.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I'm going to see the Longhorns tune up vs Rice on Saturday. I predict 55 to 3 UT, but it should be good practice and give Mack Brown and gang some things to work on..

Anybody notice how the Horns are getting virtually every top player in Texas to the point where it is getting ridiculous.

2. RocketMania1991

Of course they get every good player from Texas.

They don't have much other competition in Texas.

No player in their right mind goes to play for Houston or Texas Tech over the Longhorns.

The only possible challenge is A&M.

3. BALLhog 247 365

OU's entire roster is pretty much from Texas.

4. Scottay

Scottay Contributing Member

Cleverly disguised fire David Bailiff thread...

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

There are quite a few kids from Texas suiting up every week in the SEC as well.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Regardless of Texas' success in recruiting, I'm amazed at what TCU manages to consistently put on the field!

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Blatantly boastful thread that has little merit and no real point is blantantly boastful, has little merit and no real point.

1 person likes this.
  8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If Rice scores more than 10 points they should be proud. Spread is 28 and they should have that covered by halftime. Im going with 63-10

9. Legend Killer

Legend Killer Contributing Member

Agreed... For as much as I hate Texas, I'm loading up on them this weekend

10. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Just be careful. There is a big possibility Gilbert struggles a bit, and even if they get up, Mack tends to not like to run up the score. I've lost count of how many games we've just stopped trying on offense the last 1-2 quarters or so.

If you look at Texas vs. the spread over the last few years, I'm pretty sure you'd be disappointed with the results.

That being said, I'd absolutely love to see everything click and get a blowout win :D.

11. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

unless there is a playoff this season, all those great recruits can look forward to playing in a BCS game that has no bearing on the nat'l championship. congrats

12. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

I'm not so sure that Gilbert is much of a question on the offense; the receiving corps, offensive line & running backs, yes - but I think Gilbert will be able to handle himself just fine.

All your other points are completely valid.

13. Major

Major Member

Any QB, no matter how hyped, is always a question mark when making their first career start.

I still vaguely remember Chris Simms' first start against some scrub team like North Texas or ULaLa. I don't remember the specifics, but he threw some bad passes (maybe a INT for a TD?) and suddenly, Texas was down 10-0 before Applewhite came in and righted the ship.

14. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Let's just say I have infinitely more confidence in a 'first-start' QB that played Texas HS football, as opposed to one who grew up playing New Jersey HS football... ;)

My question w/ Gilbert is how he would handle himself after being manhandled by an opposing defense (which I'm not sure Rice offers anyway); of course, we kind of have an answer to that in his performance against Alabama.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cnk1pXvH3f4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cnk1pXvH3f4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ALL ****ING DAY

1 person likes this.
  16. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

[​IMG]

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

?

[​IMG]

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I more interested in watching Sam Mcguffie than the game itself. It would be cool if he could break off a few big plays.

19. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Rice looks better than Texas.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Texas looks terrible.

Regardless of how much they win by today, its obvious they have some issues. If they were playing any team in the top 25 today, they'd be down big in the first half.