1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans vs. Cowgirls - this Saturday

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RunninRaven, Aug 13, 2004.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Something I wanted to point out concerning Robinson. Even considering his excellent game and the plays he made, did anyone else notice that on one play in the first half when Jay Foreman tipped a pass at the line of scrimmage? I saw it on the replay, but Robinson would have had an interception on that play had Foreman not been there. He had the inside position and was blanketing the receiver (not sure if it was Keyshawn on that play or not). I was a little skeptical on taking Robinson at first because he seemed like one of these players whose "stock" shot up towards the end for reasons I couldn't really place. I am always wary of players like that. But I think what happened was he was a pretty well kept secret, and teams were keeping their mouths shut about him in hopes that he would slip. Maybe, maybe no.

#81 RunninRaven, Aug 15, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I went last night, what a great game!

Reliant Stadium was rocking when the first teams were out there. Our offense really had their way on the two drives that Carr directed. Bruener looks like a monster and was very impressive on one reception in particular, carrying Cowgirls defenders for an extra 5 yards. You could see the quickness in Hollings that everyone talked about when we got him. Hopefully he can take care of the ball better and be a solid #2 running back for us.

We were sitting near a group of about 10 Cowgirls fans, and we really let them have it the entire game. The Dallas offense looked horrible early on, and I think it won't be long before Henson is the starter. I was really impressed with him.

3. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I know the excitement about the game might be waning...but how did Marcus Coleman do at free safety? And did Jonathan Wells (who is supposed to be having the training camp of his life) do anything?

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I was at Uptown Sushi last night and Jamie Sharper and Jason Babin came in there. Nice guys for sure...very easy to talk to. They were with another football player looking dude, but I had no clue who he was. Anyways, they had about 7 hotties with them. ;)

Babin seemed to be with his girlfriend though, but the other two were swimming in women.

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I was wishing that Foreman wouldnt have gotten his hands on it. At that point, Keyshawn was talking so much smack, that it would have been nice for Robinson to pick off the pass, or at least knock it down. Incredible coverage on that play. Robinson's got the skills.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

The only bad news, the Titans and Colts look like they actually improved.

7. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

I'm no expert, but I did focus on him the first couple of series. He never got beat on a pass rush, although the end pinched the pocket in on one possession where Carr ended up scrambling for the first down. Surprisingly little help from TE's and running backs. A- on pass protection.

Run blocking was tougher to evaluate. There was one play where he went running downfield when it seemed he could have put a hat on someone (zone blocking?). Didn't see any other mistakes though. B+ on run blocking.

I may be mistaken, but I don't think they even mentioned his name in the Chronicle this morning. That's good news.

8. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Cool, thanks.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There was one play where he and Pitts opened up a huge hole for Hollings to run through. If both of those guys continue to develop, the team could have immense success running to the left side. With his size, I think Wand will have a much easier time picking up the run blocking than the pass protection where he is going to need quickness and good footwork as well as his brute strength.

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Great game, provided a lot of insight of what the season could be like if we're consistent...

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Coleman was solid if unspectacular it seemed like everbody who was trotted out as a safety got a pick, (Lord, Simmons, McCree). Coleman did not but he didn't even play the whole first half.

Wells had a couple of decent runs and looks a little quicker, however he hyperextended his knee and will be out awhile.

The O looked great especially the protection. Hollings needs some stickum or crazyglue or some damn thing. Robinson really held his own both in pass defense and with a few good open field tackles.

Babin and Peek are the next Greene and Lathon. Wong is a goner after this season.

I know we were sans Payne but I would have liked to see a little more pressure by the starting D-line. Cowboys QB's had way too much time in the beginning.

Great win!!!

12. esse

esse Contributing Member

"We couldn't have beaten a six-man football team. Really, I'm telling you. If they had six on defense with what we did - five turnovers, seven offensive penalties and four sacks - we couldn't have beaten a six-man defense. I'm not trying to be funny either, it's the truth." - Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells on the mistakes the Cowboys made in their 18-0 loss to the Texans.:eek:

13. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Parcells has a real dry sense of humor. Everytime the cowgirls get spanked he comes up with some lame joke.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Big Bill is right... they stink.

:D :D :D :( :D :D :D

15. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I read this the other day and I guess it could help bring out the optimist in Cowboys fans, but I think they Cowboys have lost like 7 or the last 8 preseason openers, including last year's 13-0 loss to Arizona. Kind of strange stat. I guess a few of the guys that have been on the team for a while must have a problem switching from practicing and playing or something like that. If they lose the rest of the games by a combine score of 55-9, then I'll be a little worried.