1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans vs. Cowgirls - this Saturday

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RunninRaven, Aug 13, 2004.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone else as pumped as me about this Saturday's game? I listened to what was broadcast on the radio of the Dolphin scrimmage, but it was difficult to follow and the broadcasters weren't staying with the action all that well. Besides, I want to be able to see with my own eyes how explosive Peek is off the line, how lost Dunta appears to be...and just whether or not Hollings might develop into a RB that will either help us or give us good trade bait.

I'm also gonna watch Wand very closely...especially in pass situations. I don't worry about his run blocking as much as I do his pass protection. Dominick is pretty good at finding the holes...but on pass plays that's Carr's blind side, so the potential for disaster if Wand screws up is much greater.

One nice thing about this being the 3rd year instead of the 1st or even 2nd is that we have some decent depth at some positions this season, so even in preseason during later quarters you won't be watching practice squad scrubs who have no chance at making the team. There will be some good battles for positions.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Will be watching it from Dallas. Hopefully we can avenge from last year's preseason loss.

3. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Cowboys 24
    Texans 3 :p

4. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I'll be there.

Watch for Marcus Bell in the 2nd half. Defensive Back, #33 if i remember correctly.

5. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

The cowgirls can beat us any preseason game, all I want is the Texans win the ones that count.

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

19-10

:p

I'll be there, rockin the bull pen.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

GO TEXANS!

I'm slightly excited about the season starting. I sure as hell ain't wathcing the Astros.

8. esse

esse Contributing Member

GO COWBOYS! :D

I am stoked! I wish I could make the game in H-town, I'd be hootin' and hollerin' for the boyz!

Anyhow, we were the Cowboys before you guys parked your named up close to our Texan style! The original SUPER BOWL champs from Texas! Now thats a TEXAN!!!!!:p

Hey is anyone gonna be in chat? Lets do dis!!

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

always like to beat the cowboys....but it's preseason...it's meaningless.

19-10 is all that matters.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Please use spell check, it's Dallass.

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Did you forget about the Oilers? We were and still are Texan! And we're one up on your girls.

And read my sig. :p

12. esse

esse Contributing Member

Really, which superbowl was that?!:D

13. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I bet the game is on ABC 13. But what time is kickoff?

Only the first half exihibition games is worth watching anyway. My interest is in Andre and Dominick's developement no more

14. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I think it starts at 7 pm.(central)

Not sure if I'll be able to watch this game, but I'm pretty stoked about it as well. With a lot of new players in Dallas as well as several younger guys giving the vets competition, I wish I could watch it. I would watch the 1st couple of plays and see how Vinny, Eddie, and Keyshawn on the offense play as well as see if Larry Allen is back. On D, I'd like to see how Marcellus Wiley and Greg Ellis work together as well as see how Pete Hunter is taking to possibly starting alongside Newman. Then after all the starters leave, I'd focus on the younger guys like Henson, Julius Jones, Reshard Lee (a favorite of mine), Al Johnson, Bradie James, Kenyon Coleman, and probably Antonio Bryant if they leave him in there to prove himself. I heard he is starting to look a little more like when he was a rookie as opposed to the Bryant who dropped easy passes last year.

Guess I'll have to see what goes on in here, although I feel as though someone may try to trick me:

ClutchFans Member: "Vinny Interceptaverde just got picked off by Dunta Robinson who returned it for a TD."

Me: "But ESPN says that it is halftime right now."

ClutchFans Member: "They're wrong...oh, and your return man just fumbled the ball like an idiot and we just scored another TD. Texans: 89 Cowgirls:-3. "

Me: "How is that possible?"

ClutchFans Member: "Hey, do you want play-by-play or not?"

ClutchFans Member #2: "Is Yao in?"

Hmm...I guess I could handle that. :)

15. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Thanks RC for the info.

16. esse

esse Contributing Member

Hey RC, remember last year whenever a Cowboys game was on there'd be like 3 of us Cowboy fans in chatroom~!

See you two again this season!:D

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Oh yeah, that's was pretty cool. I remember when there would be a person who would come on and ask why we were talking about the Cowboys and when did the Rockets game start. Those were the days...

I'll probably do that again this year, unless I forget. I haven't been in there in a long time. I'll probably start going back in during th Cowboys and Rockets games. Hope nobody took my name or I'll have to change to RC_ColaandWater, or something like that.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I believe I was the other one. LOL

The three regs. Cough, spit, yack! Ole! :)

19. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Cowboy fan here.

Im looking forward to all the things you listed RC Cola, especially Brady James. I have no credentials to say this, but I forsee great things for him this year (or atleast surprising skill)

Im willing to join the chats this year when I am not up at Sansone's watching the game (which will mean I will be at home maybe twice the whole season). I havent missed a cowboy game in about 6 years (I went to the directTV booth at the State fair of texas to watch the game while I was there last year) so you guys always have an up-to-date Cowboys fan to talk to.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Let's go Texans! Release me from my terrible days of watching the Astros night in and night out.