1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade for Raiders CB Gareon Conley

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by thesonofsam, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You're confusing guilty with angry, you dummy.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Agree. That's why it seems like the Texans are paying too much. The draft capital doesn't equal the talent acquired. But perhaps you can expand the equation to draft capital equal talent plus team control plus player potential.

All the other players that are good and available are one year rentals (i.e. Marcus Peters and Chris Harris III). Yes you can franchise, re-sign, re-trade, or let go and collect comp picks but that is more complicated.

Hey Now! and Nook like this.
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

5. Hey Now!

I understand the importance of picks - but I don't covet them as much as others. You're (probably) not getting a better player with your first round pick than Laremy Tunsil. I know you can get a similar-ish player for significantly less money and the value of that.... But I prefer the bird in hand method. The Texans are not in position to play for next year.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Wasnt there a poster that said Good nfl teams are trending to be more like nba by trading overrated picks to fill a positional need.

7. Hey Now!

Nimo............

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Sorry. I'll behave.

Hey Now! likes this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Ok back to being positive @Hey Now!

TY Hilton didn't play that game but still it's something

Hey Now! likes this.
  10. Hey Now!

It wasn't the negativity; it was the idea that someone - other than a family member - called Colvin or (especially) Johnson "elite." Colvin was very highly-rated after his last season with Jacksonville - but, beyond that.........

11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So you’re going to double down on lies?
    Let me ask you this, if you named players-any person can look up teams- why in the very next response did I ask you what good teams actually trade draft picks consistently?

I don’t know why you would try to cover up editing your original post other than trying to make it fit later posts(you actually repeat some of your later posts in your edit)
    You can absolutely get over your sanctimonious bs, I understand you might think you need to save face on an Internet forum, but you mean absolutely nothing to me. So you can keep your insults up there with your fake integrity.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

LOL OK I get it. But yes, Colvin was highly rated and regarded just two years ago when he signed with Houston. Kevin Johnson was rated higher (before getting injured again) than AJ Bouye in AJ's last season as a Texan. I think he is the reason the team felt comfortable with AJ walking.

I have receipts too

https://houseofhouston.com/2018/03/13/houston-texans-elite-cornerback-agrees-4-year-deal/

smh

Nook and Hey Now! like this.
  13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Swapping one Gaines for another Gaines?

14. Hey Now!

Because you are illiterate, you dumb dildo.

I once started a thread titled, Schaub the ELITE. I suggested - in 2015 - that the Astros should trade Jose Altuve. This forum is littered with my bad takes, uniformed opinions, misplaced vitriol and overall stupidity. And I own every single last bit of it.

That post was not edited for content in any way, shape or form. You have insulted my integrity and called me a liar, which makes you a vile piece of garbage.

PROVE I CHANGED THE POST or shut the ever-living **** up. Ask @Castor27 or @Clutch or any other admin for help. The post was not changed for content (I will, from time to time, revisit posts for grammar or syntax clarity)

I refuse to let you slander me. Insult me, sure - I've earned that plenty. But this is different and I won't tolerate it.

csj likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Need to calm down there buddy, I understand you’re mad and it can confuse you at times. It’s ok, it happens

16. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chamillionaire likes this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If @Hey Now! had edited his post, you’d see this line near the bottom...

Last edited: A moment ago

#157 bobrek, Oct 22, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I think you have up to 4-5 minutes to edit a post before that appears.

Sooty and red5rocket like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Ive edited two posts in this chat for spelling and they don’t say that.
    Second, I really don’t care. I’m trolling him at this point. He had a disingenuous argument from one chat to another and then started with the names.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member