1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TEXANS TRADE BROCK OSWEILER TO CLEVELAND BROWNS

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fantasma Negro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

WE WANT RO-MO

CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

Yaosthirdleg and basso like this.
  2. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Morey you dawg!

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

True. Now let's see if they can follow that up with something just as exciting.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

8. blackistan

blackistan Member

I thought this was fake when my friend sent me a screenshot of the tweet I was like it's probably that fake sportscenter account but just WOW....so we had to give up a 2nd rounder next year to get rid of Brock and Denver I believe traded up to the 2nd round to draft him LOL the irony

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Please let an NFL team sign Hinkie and wreak havoc

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Mr. Motiejunas

Some people on reddit speculating Texans trying to get Kirk Cousins.

Bennie Anders likes this.
  12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well all those that keep saying the Texans aren't "all-in" and are wasting players careers... assuming they sign/trade for Romo, you can throw that out the window.

I am less excited than most about this... though to be fair I do not know what the situation is with Romo. Was there never a way to sign him as a FA - either because Dallas wasn't going to release him, or if Dallas did there was the risk he either couldn't be afforded or would just go somewhere else?? That I obviously don't know. Basically the question is could they have gotten Romo and fielded a SB caliber team anyway?

Also I am now smart enough to recognize things we think might be awesome with this organization one day don't always turn out that way. If it's Romo... geez his health is a HUGE HUGE risk.

So a 2018 2nd rounder and 2017 6th rounder for a 2017 4th rounder (and cap space) is pretty valuable draft position to give up. And if they have to give up another pick in a trade to obtain Romo, another draft pick gone.

I say this as a guy who isn't sold on Romo (because of health, lack of huge playoff success historically) and was holding out hope they'd stash draft picks and do a blockbuster trade to get a high pick next year and draft a stud QB.

But I'm still happy. I don't think anyone on the coaching staff likes Brock AT ALL. Rumors that the players grew to not really like playing with him seem increasingly true. And if you're all-in on B'Ob, I think it is helpful just to team culture to move him and just not have him around the team.

As for the Browns... I actually get why they do the move. They got crap ton of space that guys don't want to take... haha. And if there's any chance of Brock every being good, it might be with a simpler offense behind what is now at least becoming a decent Browns offensive line. Still a VERY odd move, but if ownership was willing to spend $16 million for better draft positioning, so be it. They seem well positioned now to do that type of trade a lot of picks for QB next year move I noted... especially since they'll be closer to that #1 pick anyway...haha

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Browns are considering just cutting Osweiler too, so this feels like an NBA deal. Murray confirmed

Richie_Rich and mikol13 like this.
  15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Sorry for the language but that Son of a b**** Rick Smith needs a statue made ASAP

macho GRANDE and Fulgore like this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This would be amazing.

But hard to envision what the Texans can trade... if the 49ers are likely to offer the #2 pick for him.

17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm having fun listening to this news make it's way around my floor at work. I keep hearing people say "WHAT?!?" LOL.

KingCheetah and red5rocket like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rick Smith Earning his check . . . .

Rocket River

Fulgore likes this.
  19. YaosDirtyStache

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member