1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans @ Steelers 8-21

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Aug 16, 2004.

1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

How long will the starters get tonight?

Afterwards, I get somewhat distracted.

2. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

MAN DAVID CARR to A J COMBO is loooooooooooking GOOOOD!!!!!

:) :) :)

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Tommy Maddox to Hines Ward looking even better.

4. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

For all of you who are watching the game (I can only get it on the radio over the internet), what is the problem? From what I can tell Pittsburgh is dominating the line of scrimmage. What the hell?

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Hollings cant get any yardage.

Lets just practice pass plays from here on out.

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ugh...first team defense and offense looked really ragged. O-line was doing ANYTHING on run plays and the defense just seemed confused out there. I hope they show up with a good bit more intensity than this next week.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

They sure were dominating Houston's line. The slants Pitts ran were tremendously succesful. The Texan's line could not hold them back.

8. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Those first couple of drives that the Texans had made me sick. THe offense only through the ball when they absolutely had to. They kept running on firts and second down even though they were deep in Pittsburgh territory and Hollings was stopped everytime. I don't know if the offense is trying not to show too much, but Carr has the weapons. Le him make more plays! Him and Andre looked good. That Starling guy looks solid also. I hope the Offense and Defense come out strong next week....this game gave me flashbacks to the first season. On a brighter note...the astros came from behind in the bottom of the 9th to beat the Cubbies tonight!!!

9. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

The Steeler O-line was working with a new RG, as their starter, Kendall Simmons tore his ACL on Thursday.

Defensively, PGH will be much improved this year, but I have been suprised how well the Steelers have run the ball in the first two games.

10. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Damn, what happened? First week the playcalling seemed to have a nice mix of conservative aggression (?) with running and passing plays nicely blended together. Then we head out to Pittsburgh (where most of us believed we would romp the Steelers) and we show this pathetic, scared side of ourselves? We definitely looked like we fit the expansion team label still...

I'm still pumped for the season to come, but it seems there will still be many growing pains while watching this young franchise mature into a playoff contender...don't think it's going to be this year, though, if we keep playing scared like this.

11. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

This might have been the best thing that could have happen to the Texans. I think if they would have beat the Steelers their heads might have gotten a little big. They should forget about this one and comeback next week with a hungry attitude.

12. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

I agree. Use this week as a lesson, come back next week and play hard in the game where the starters get the most time. Then use the 4th game to rest the vets and play the young uns who are still battling for a spot.

I think the zone blocking thing is highly hit or miss so far. It worked pretty well in the Dallas game. Tonight the defense was getting through it like a hot knife through butter.

13. Summer Song Giver

Anyone think we just can't beat the Steelers, if I remember correctly the ugliest game in franchise history was against Pitt.

14. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

We beat them last year.

Spanked them.

15. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Looking back, perhaps "spanked them" is the wrong term to use.

Yes it was ugly.

We still beat them.

16. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Actually, defensively, it was one of the best games in franchise history. One of the few blowouts we have played. Beat Pitt 24-6 in our inaugural year, with the defense scoring 3 TDs, I believe.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah..they had a ton of yards on us, but only 6 points to show for it.

18. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

That was one of the hardest games to watch, as a Steeler fan. The Texans had like 70 yards of total offense, and the Steelers had over 400.