1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans select D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas at 3-25

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. Love it?

122 vote(s)
    62.6%
  2. Like it?

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Hate it?

16 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Holy hell, just any chance you get to bash the FO. I don't think anyone hated the signing of Miller. Not even you until he isn't meeting expectations and you saw another chance to claim FO mistake.

You and Bobby man, narrative pushers til the end. At least if they were positive narratives we could get over it, but it just brings the whole board morale down when everything is doomed and hindsight is 20/20 but you guys knew it all along...

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The Texans play on the field is bringing the whole board morale down.

At what point do you demand change? These fools running the franchise are making a lot of money.

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Well, while I too wish the team were doing better, I'll take 3/4 years of playoffs rather than Browns, Jets, Dolphins, even the Jags. You are comparing them to the Patriots and expecting that whereas you aren't even seeing how much better they are doing than other teams.

it's been 2 games, you hate Watson for what it took to get him but you have no idea what he is going to be yet. And I guess you would be happy with Kizer because he's the only one we could have gotten at 25. The Brock ordeal sucked, but mistakes happen and bringing in the Miller signing when everyone was excited about that one is shear narrative pushing. But you do you man... season is over already anyways, and so is next season with no picks.. guess we can be fans again in 2019.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

They saw first hand what he did to the Texans in 2015 when the Dolphins routed the Texans 44-26.

14 carries, 175 yards, 1 TD; 3 receptions, 61 yards, 1 TD

"When I saw Lamar a little while ago I didn’t immediately recognize him because I’m so used to looking at his back," McNair said to laughter. "That’s all I saw in Miami."

Talking about Miller's breakaway speed, coach Bill O'Brien said, "Yeah, we kind of witnessed it first hand (last season)."

"He doesn't offer just speed," general manager Rick Smith said. "He's a complete running back. He has a skillset that will allow our creative coaches to utilize him in a way that's a threat to defenses."

SC1211 and Mr. Clutch like this.
  5. cdain3

cdain3 Member

3rd and 1..........

6. 1234567

1234567 Member

Start him already

7. texian

texian Member

Texans' D'Onta Foreman skips practice

By Aaron Wilson, Houston Chronicle

So two players walked out. One veteran who has earned his placed in the league and a fat contract,

And one rookie who has been continually referred to as having conditioning issues.

Hopefully the locker room helps him get on the right track.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'm sure daddy will be b****in' on twitter his son ain't playing. :D

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And that got arrested in the off-season for driving around with people carrying weed on them. During that BS, the team stood by him, but at the first opportunity he stabs them in the back. He's clearly a brilliant rookie.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm sure the organization is handling this a lot better than the overreacting fans.

11. texian

texian Member

Nearly had a player walkout because McNair referred to Goodell & his cronies as inmates running the prison...

Doesn't instill much faith that they're "handling" it.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

A few confused players who don't even know what was actually said and to who showing absolutely no benefit of the doubt or good will to the folks that literally changed their lives. And I'm including fans in that group. Bunch of self righteous, sanctimonious, hostile, unforgiving individuals. They best hope they never step in **** again and risk having folks treat them the way they are treating others.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You can't be talking about fans or any other group but the players. Yes blame the players for the owners stirring of the pot.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm talking after the fact. I'm sure they have discussed everything and are gearing up for todays game.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Owners were talking about NFL Officials not Players so I blame the players for completely misconstruing facts to continue to push their narrative further. In doing so those players are forsaking the fans for their own agenda. The players and their league that pays them millions are nothing if not for those fans.

And just from a bro code, the way Duane Brown went after and is continuing to go after McNair is facked. What a cunty son of a b**** you have to be to not give the benefit of the doubt to the man who gave you 36+ million dollars in guaranteed money and the same man that stood by you when your cheating ass got busted for PEDs. Who needs enemies when you got friends like Duane Brown.

16. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Rotoworld says the Texans punished Foreman for walking out by playing Blue over him. If so, what a Klansman McNair is.

Crashlanded19 and Fulgore like this.
  17. texian

texian Member

Yet Jonathan Joseph and Duane Brown were able to show up for work,

While the rookie who's allergic to conditioning and picking up the blitz was unable to show up to practice.

This isn't college. This is business. There aren't safe zones for emotionally wounded millennials in pro football. You skip practice... as a rookie... you don't play. That's ME > team behavior. Time to grow up.

18. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

@RocketsTruth

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, gotta love the mindless hot takes.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You better watch out, you just described a large percentage of this board with that comment. I'm sure they'll come after you for it because of how accurate it was.