1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Pro Bowl Selections

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by moonsh0t, Dec 26, 2012.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Despite the doom and gloom, we are 12-3, winners get recognition.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Owen Daniels
    Antonio Smith
    James Casey
    Bryan Braman

All named alternates

3. drewd17

drewd17 Member

He's done better than j jo and heath is Doneski

Just win the next three games and we don't have Tp worry about it lol

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

OD has been one of the best TEs this year, while Joseph has been meh. Don't agree with the selections but am glad to see our fan base is supporting the team.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Not bad. Hopefully none of them have to play.

6. Win

Win Contributing Member

Nice to see The Texans well represented.... After seeing other players on other teams make it for their body of work and not necessarily their best year, it's good to see Joseph included. Also good to see Schaub in. It seems the voters can see the season as a whole and not just a few games.

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

[​IMG]

8. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Lol Johnathan Joseph is not a Pro Bowl Player this year

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

A positive thread in the Texans forum? Is this allowed?

1 person likes this.
  10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Kareem Jackson gets snubbed for a Texans player. Go figure.

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

I guess it was a few months ago that someone posted/posed a question to this forum "why is there not more Texans discussion here?" The answers were much along the lines of 'this is a Rockets' dedicated site'; and that is true...

The thing is, (I was thinking at the time,) is that I would prefer to talk about The Texans amongst posters I'm familiar with and not on some random 'football dedicated site' because I would rather hang with those I am comfortable with.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out and discussing this teams short-comings. There is reason for concern... The full on hate and wanna-be-clever baiting is infantile in the extreme. Surely we are better. These are good times - Damn Good!

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

A good selection this year.

Kareem Jackson was snubbed and I mainly voted for Wade Smith based off early this season and last season but I am glad to see Duane Brown finally get recognition as well as those that were named alternates.

Hopefully, not a single Texans player will be available to play due to a Super Bowl commitment.

13. conquistador#11

Best post I've read all day.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Glover Quinn has had a good season.

15. edwardc

edwardc Member

Congrats to all who was picked.

16. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I'm happy for all of the selections. That said, the only ones who truly deserved it were AJ, Watt, Duane Brown and maybe Foster, Owen Daniels and Danieal Manning. Glover Quin should have made it as an alternate. Luck deserved it over Schaub.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yahoo Sports:

[rquoter]
    SNUBS

7. QB Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts – While Luck is likely to finish third in the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year balloting, he deserved better when it came to Pro Bowl voting. Sure, his stats don't measure up to the Houston Texans' Matt Schaub, who made it behind Peyton Manning and Tom Brady for the AFC team, but Luck was asked to do far more in the grand scheme of a season than Schaub. Houston's signal caller was surrounded by a better running game, better offensive line, more experienced receivers overall and a better defense.

LEAST DESERVING

5. QB Matt Schaub, Texans – Schaub is a nice player, an example of the type of quarterback you can win with when everything else around him is very good, if not excellent. The problem is that Schaub has been exposed in games when called upon to be the focus of the offense, such as during defeats to the Packers, Patriots and Vikings. He's your prototype, mistake-free quarterback who stays out of the way. That, however, doesn't exactly scream Pro Bowl. Sadly, the depth in the AFC this year isn't very strong, although Luck deserved it more than Schaub.

[/rquoter]

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I think something like this is based at least in part over a career of work, along with the most recent season. Hence Josephs gets the recognition, even though injuries have limited play and hurt his performance this year. Schaub gets points for having a number of solid years (and in the past, being less recognized by others due to the usual QBs getting picked). And Luck is a rookie, with worse stats and the expectation he will only get better and will be recognized in the future.

Heck, I'd be the first to drive Schaub to the airport if there was a Schaub for Luck trade... but I can see why Schaub got the nod this year.

IMO, the one that is a head scratcher is James Casey as an alternate? Huh?

Regardless... this is all fluff anyway... don't care who gets PB, don't even watch the game, just care about one thing... Texans winning, and the Super Bowl.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Luck does not deserve to make the Pro Bowl this season. He leads the league in INT's and has a 75 QBR. Ben Roethlisberger was more deserving.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Pro bowl is boring anyways