1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans/NFL Schedule out 04/14/04!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Gummi Clutch, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

610 AM reports.

Also the Home game against Vikings or Packers will be on Sunday Night Football ESPN National Television.

Anyone else have any info on the up comming home game opponents?

Thanks!

2. Chump

Chump Member

yer kidding me? a home game vs Packers? YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!

I am so there

3. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Contributing Member

To bad there is no monday night football for the texans, but sunday night is great too.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I am so there too. Company season ticket plans rule! :D

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

HPF.com said that there is a chance that we will play the Lions on Thanksgiving or the Chiefs in Christmas day.

6. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

The home opponents themselves have been known for awhile

Preseason:
    Dallas
    Tampa Bay

Regular Season:
    Green Bay
    Oakland
    Tennesee
    Cleveland
    Minnesota
    San Diego
    Indy
    Jacksonville

The dates haven't been released yet, but should be by the end of the month.

7. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

No way we get Thanksgiving, not with Manning and the Colts being the other option for the network.

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

NFL Network, NFL.com to unveil schedule

NEW YORK (April 13, 2004) -- The 2004 regular-season playing schedule will be announced Wednesday afternoon, April 14, at 5 p.m. ET on NFL Network and simultaneously on NFL.com.

NFL Total Access, NFL Network's signature show, will air a two-hour special that features the unveiling of each team's 2004 schedule. Special guests on the show will include new Raiders DT Warren Sapp, FOX broadcaster Troy Aikman and ESPN announcer Joe Theismann who will all discuss the upcoming season.

Tune in to the NFL Network at 5 p.m. ET and also log on to NFL.com to see your team's 2004 slate. You can also watch the show live right here on NFL.com.

9. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Ended up being neither.

10. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Sept. 12 Noon San Diego Chargers Reliant Stadium
    Sept. 19 Noon Detroit Lions Ford Field
    Sept. 26 Noon Kansas City Chiefs Arrowhead Stadium
    Oct. 3 Noon Oakland Raiders Reliant Stadium
    Oct. 10 Noon Minnesota Vikings Reliant Stadium
    Oct. 17 Noon Tennessee Titans The Coliseum
    Oct. 24 Noon BYE WEEK
    Oct. 31 Noon Jacksonville Jaguars Reliant Stadium
    Nov. 7 Noon Denver Broncos INVESCO Field at Mile High
    Nov. 14 Noon Indianapolis Colts RCA Dome
    Nov. 21 7:30 p.m. Green Bay Packers (ESPN) Reliant Stadium
    Nov. 28 Noon Tennessee Titans Reliant Stadium
    Dec. 5 Noon New York Jets Giants Stadium (Meadowlands)
    Dec. 12 Noon Indianapolis Colts Reliant Stadium
    Dec. 19 Noon Chicago Bears Solider Field
    Dec. 26 Noon Jacksonville Jaguars ALLTEL Stadium
    Jan. 2 Noon Cleveland Browns Reliant Stadium

Texans release 2004 schedule

HOUSTON – The NFL released the Houston Texans 2004 schedule, it was announced today. In addition to their AFC South division games in Reliant Stadium, the Texans will host other noteworthy games; Houston returns to primetime television (ESPN) versus Green Bay in Week 11 and will open and close the season at home against San Diego and Cleveland, respectively.

“It’s always good to play on national TV,” Texans head coach Dom Capers said. “It’ll only be our second time doing so. And we get to face one of the league’s best teams and one of its best quarterbacks.”

Houston’s 2004 schedule features five playoff teams (Denver, Green Bay, Kansas City, Indianapolis, Tennessee) and three division winners (Green Bay, Indianapolis, Kansas City). Houston’s opponents were also a combined six games over .500 last season (131-125).

The Texans became the first expansion team in league history to win their first two season openers (against Dallas in 2002 and Miami in 2003). As an expansion club, the Texans are looking to win an unprecedented three-consecutive season openers when they host San Diego (Sept. 12). After opening against the Chargers, Houston hits the road for two-consecutive weeks for games in Detroit (Sept. 19) and Kansas City (Sept. 26). The Texans will then host back-to-back home games against Oakland (Oct. 3) and Minnesota (Oct. 10), two teams they haven’t previously faced.

The Texans’ first two AFC South division games surround the Texans Bye Week (Oct. 24). The Texans will start division play at Tennessee (Oct 17), then take a break before returning to action against Jacksonville on Oct. 31 in Reliant Stadium. The following two weeks, the Texans travel to INVESCO Field at Mile High to play Denver with a 3:15 p.m. kickoff (Nov. 7) and to the RCA Dome to face division foe Indianapolis (Nov. 14).

Houston then returns home for two games to host defending NFC North champion Green Bay Packers (Nov. 21) in a 7:30 p.m. primetime game on ESPN and then play AFC South division opponent Tennessee (Nov. 28). After two games in temperature-controlled Reliant Stadium, Houston will travel to the East Coast to face the Jets (Dec. 5). Then after hosting the Colts on Dec. 12, the Texans play another cold weather game in Chicago (Dec. 19). The average temperature in Chicago on Dec. 19 is 25°F.

The Texans finish their road schedule in Jacksonville (Dec. 26) against the only team Houston has beaten twice in its short history. Houston wraps up the 2004 season by hosting the Cleveland Browns on Jan. 2.

2004 SCHEDULE NOTES

* For the third consecutive season, 14 of the Texans’ 16 regular season games will be televised on CBS.
    * FOX will televise Houston’s home game against Minnesota and ESPN will televise the home game against Green Bay.
    * The Texans are 3-0 in games played on FOX, vs. N.Y. Giants 16-14 (11/24/02), Carolina Panthers 14-10 (11/2/03) and Atlanta Falcons 17-13 (11/30/03).
    * The Texans were 3-5 at home and 2-6 on the road last season…Only two of the Texans’ 2004 games are late starts – at Denver (3:15 p.m.) and vs. Green Bay (7:30 p.m.) – Houston is currently 2-4 in late kickoff games and 1-0 in primetime games
    * The Texans are a perfect 4-0 at home against the NFC against Dallas 19-10 (9/8/02), NY Giants 16-14 (11/24/02) Carolina 14-10 (11/2/03) and Atlanta 17-13 (11/30/03).
    * This marks the first month the Texans will play in the month of January.
    * The Texans most successful month is November (4-5 record) where they play at Denver, at Indianapolis, vs. Green Bay and vs. division rival Tennessee.
    * On the last week of November the Texans are 2-0 at home – They defeated the New York Giants 16-14 (11/24/02) and the Atlanta Falcons 17-13 (11/30/03).
    * The Texans have played against six (AFC South, AFC East, AFC West, AFC North, NFC South and NFC East) of the eight NFL divisions in their first two years – Houston has beaten at least one team from each division, except for the AFC West (Houston has fallen to San Diego 24-3 and Kansas City 42-14) – The Texans get their chance early to erase that history, because Houston plays three of the four games against the AFC West: vs. San Diego (9/12), @ Kansas City (9/26) and vs. Oakland (10/03).
    * For the first time in team history, Houston plays its initial division game on the road when they travel to Tennessee (10/17) – The Texans are 1-1 in their first division games and are 1-1 in their first division road game – Houston captured their first road win in team history with a 21-19 victory in Jacksonville in 2002, they also fell 38-17 at Tennessee in 2003.
    * There are three stretches of back-to-back road games and two stretches of back-to-back home games.
    * The Texans open and close the season in Reliant Stadium for the first time since 2002.
    * The Texans play two field turf games in 2004 (@ Detroit, @N.Y. Jets) and artificial turf once (@ Indianapolis).
    * The Texans have two games late in the year in cold weather climates (New York, Chicago) – Texans are 2-1 in games played in under 50°: Pittsburgh, 35°F (W, 12/8/02), Cincinnati 43°F (L, 11/9/03) and Buffalo, 47°F (W, 11/16/03).

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looking at that schedule, it seems as if there are about 8-9 games that I feel we <i>should</i> win. I guess it depends on how well we draft and how well guys like Dominick and Andre do in their sophmore years.

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Man we have good chance to start the season 2-0. If Manning is starting for SD there is no way he will come to Reliant and beat the Texans and the Lions are nothing to brag about. That game in KC is a lost before the game starts.

13. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I think we have one of the tougher shedules in the league...I can see at least 8 wins, but we need to get an immediate impact player on D with our first rounder...I think we can pick up a good WR in the 2nd Round...

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm gonna be in Chicago on the 19th of December. :cool:

15. benzman501

benzman501 Member

I cant wait until the 730 start against the packers!!!!
    Thats gonna be the loudest place on earth!

16. PhiSlammaJamma

This is rumor and I don't even believe it myself - but I will pass it on since a radio station was discussing it here in DC. They were talking about Michael Vick coming out of the closet and coming out on the Oprah show. Someone on the inside at Oprah was clearly talking. True or not. I have no idea. But the rumor was pretty specific.

17. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

That last post came from outta nowhere. Like a twist in a murder movie.

18. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Whoever started that rumor needs to get a damn life.

19. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I think the schedule is very favorable.
    I want us to make a push for the wildcard.
    I think the Colts will win the division.

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

4-0 start...

10-6 season...

Wildcard win...

Then we'll see who's left.

;)