1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans looking to trade Hoyer

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Mar 10, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans are looking into trade scenarios involving former starter Brian Hoyer, nothing imminent</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/707993295561973760">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Farewell, sweet prince?

[​IMG]

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

What could they possibly get back?

Is it better to trade or waive?

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well, bye.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

if they get anything more than a conditional 7th, i will be floored and give Rick Smith some real credit

6. Marteen

Marteen Member

Make way for the Lobster.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;And the disrespect that they show our quarterbacks? I'm tired of that too. Because both those kids can play&quot; -Bill O'Brien <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FamousLastWords?src=hash">#FamousLastWords</a></p>&mdash; Jim Weber (@JimMWeber) <a href="https://twitter.com/JimMWeber/status/685965145948946432">January 9, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I'm guessing a 2035 7th rd pick

9. justtxyank

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Only a matter of time before Brian Hoyer moves on from Texans, as noted yesterday. Several teams interested in his services</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/707993905493635073">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

see ya wish him well.

11. justtxyank

So much for Bobby's opinion on Hoyer. LOL

12. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

underrated forum benefit to signing osweiler

13. justtxyank

Trust me, he'll fine another one. Look at every forum he posts in. Bobby doesn't have to look hard to find a dead horse to beat or a boy to whip.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I trust Rick. He got something for Schaub, Keenum, and Fitzpatrick. I'm sure he can get something for Hoyer.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

They'd do well to get a used toilet paper roll in return.

:grin:

I hope Baltimore is not taking Ryan Mallett for granted! City of Baltimore should be proud him! That kid can play.

And I hope the Jets or whoever do not take Hoyer for granted! That kid can play.

16. justtxyank

I won't say I "trust" Rick Smith, but I will say that he has done a good job maneuvering trades and free agency in the past.

The one thing that is undeniable about Rick Smith is that he is well liked around the league by agents and team executives. (And I don't mean because they think they can rip him off)

I imagine he'll get a 5th or a 6th for Hoyer.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hell I'm happy that it appears that there's at least one much sucker out there who wants to try Hoyer as an NFL QB. That's awesome news. A conditional late 7th round pick would be an absolute steal to get rid of him.

I still think he'll be out of the league before the end of the season, but all it takes is one sucker.

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

To the Denver Broncos for Owen Daniels. Make it happen, Rick

19. justtxyank

Owen Daniels was cut and is currently a free agent.

20. justtxyank

I want to go on record saying unless they get a 5th, I wouldn't trade Hoyer.

Osweiler has some bust potential obviously and also has injury tendencies that are a little worrisome.

Hoyer is a guy that has proven he can competently run this system and be effective, with limited upside, as long as the offensive line is healthy and blocking well and he isn't asked to make plays. That's valuable as a backup.