1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans AT Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Perrin, Nov 18, 2003.

1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

Doubt lightning will strike twice....:(

2. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Field goal unit coming in......game over its too short to be blocked....

3. fatman510

fatman510 Member

4. fatman510

fatman510 Member

vinateri field goal is GOOD and the texans lose after blowing the game 3 times :mad: :(

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I have a feeling the Pats will be playing here again in February... they looked awful today, but they find ways to win these games.

Plus, if they get home-field, nobody else is going up to New England and winning in the snow.

GREAT game today...

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Ugh ugh ugh...

its over....Veniteri puts it thru..

Nice game from the Texans against one of the better teams in the league. Wish our run D would have ben stronger, but overall they did well.

damn refs took it away from us.

7. IROC it

Total. Referee. Crap.

Bungholio refs.... doo-doo!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Adam! Woo!

Gadzoooooks. Absolutely phenomenal game. My head is naked, as my hat is off, tipped, and pouring nothing but respect for the crazy Houston stompers. Now, excuse me, I'm going to have a heart attack.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Phantom Hold

Rocket River

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

What.him.say.

we blew a couple of chances earlier on, but that call was the killer.
    We so could have won that one.

11. IROC it

Well.. put it this way... We scored 20 more on the PATS than the Cowgirls did.:D

This kind of loss is tougher for me than a blow-out.:( :mad: :(

12. Remix

Remix Member

Dissapointing loss. Nobody to blame but the Texans. 3 missed chances to win the game. They had the ball in Ne England territory on the like 45 and went 3 and out.

Shoutout to the Special teams for keeping this game close.

13. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Heartbreaking kind of loss that's made slightly better only by the Titans already being down big to Atlanta.

14. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I disagree. The refs took a big play the defense made away from the Texans

I realize the Texans blew their chance on the 2nd offensive possession when they had the ball at NE's 37 or where ever it was, but the bottom line is that the Texans D came up big and intercepted the ball with 2:40 left in the OT, and the refs called a hold that NEVER occured. The replays showed that, and the Texans would have had one more chance to try to win it.

heck, the worst thing they should have come out of this was a tie.

I hardly ever blame the refs for a loss, but this was a blatant bad call. The refs need to be accountable for their mistakes also.

man I feel like The Cat right now, but blaming the refs this time is legit.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm not going to put the blame on the refs... even though that last call was questionable, you can also argue that the Pats shouldn't have gotten the ball back had the Texans simply executed.

The NFL isn't like basketball or baseball, where you can just turn it on whenever you want... when you get chances, or second lives, you MUST CAPITALIZE.

The Texans blew three of them today:
    1.) Not scoring a TD on 1st and goal from inside the 1.
    2.) Not stopping the Pats on their final drive in the 4th quarter, when they had all the momentum in the world after the blocked-punt FG, and a 20-13 lead.
    3.) In OT, they're fortunate enough to get both a blocked FG, and a defensive stop of NE, whereby they return a punt IN FG RANGE! Then, three plays later, they were out of FG range. THAT WAS INEXCUSABLE.

Sooner or later, after blowing all those chances, something will come back and bite you in the ass. I guess that's what happened with the blown holding call... but it never should have come down to that.

16. Remix

Remix Member

Ok, If the Texans did Get the interception, and they should of but the ref made a horrible call, they would of gotten the ball at New Englands 3 yard line. I just couldnt see the Texans coming up with a big drive for a field goal when they couldnt even get 15 yards or so to bring in Brown in for a field goal.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Dang, that was a killer. Talk about a dagger in my heart. Both teams had so many chances to win this one.

This was one hell of an exciting game.

Ramone Walker was fantastic today. Man, it was so great to see him block those kicks.

What a game!!! Texans are so exciting to watch. :cool:

18. JBIIRockets

Your confidence in the offense may be low, but the Texans would have had one more chance to drive the ball with 2:40 left in OT. What more could you ask for in that situation? The refs took that away.

Just because you "couldn't see" the Texans making a drive from the 3 (after their horrible 2nd possession in OT) doesn't mean they would not have done anything with 2:40 left in OT with the ball at their 3.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

What a bummer. I had visions of 6-6 in my head with a trip to the hated Bucs at hand. Oh well, at least they were competitive.

20. JBIIRockets

Just becuase the Texans blew many opportunities doesn't mean the refs were not a huge factor in determing the outcome of the game. Bottom line is the Texans should have had one more opportunity to win, and refs took it away. The defense did it's part in getting the interception without commiting a penalty.

and it is because of these blown opportunities why the refs aren't being hammered by the media and fans more severly. If this was a playoff game, there would be a lot of outrage right now.