1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans AT Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Perrin, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Perrin

Perrin Member

I have at least some good news for us Texans fans

no Steve Tasker and Don Criqui (sp?) for this game

the bad news

Kevin Harlan and Randy Cross are the anoucers

If the D that showed up in Buffalo, shows up in NE, we have a shot at pulling the upset. The Pats offense isn't that specatular. We have to stop the run and put pressure on Brady. If he has time to throw, we're dead.

Can the Texans put points on the board? We have demostrated that we can move the ball this year, but scoring points is another story.

Tony Banks has to use his head and not force throws, because over the last 5 games, NE has 11 INTs.

Go Texans!

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I like Banks passing game. He plays to win, not just to not lose.
    He mixes plays up, he goes deep everynow and then.

To me Carr uses the short gain passes too much. I hope Carr get's healthy soon.

Go Texans.

i will be watching this one.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

As a titan/Texan fan, this would be the sweetest victory all season. Go Texans. Pull the upset.

4. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

I believe it's a home game. Yeah for us.

5. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I can't be a Titan fan, once they left town they were dead to me.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

it is a home game.

patriots are tough...but they might have a letdown against us. we can hope.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Let's hope they have a letdown, but I doubt it...

Texans: 17

Pats: 31

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

they're both running the same offense, which utilizes the underneath (banks' two big gains sunday, both to AJ, traveled a grand total of 12 yards; AJ ran the other 76).

i think banks is more confident right now, not as gun shy. i think carr's rushing through his progressions and forcing things. he looks like palmer's crawled too far into his head and all the hits are taking their toll on him mentally. there's little about his game that feels natural.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The thing I like about Banks is his touch on short routes.

Other than that, I Carr gets back really soon.

10. Hey Now!

texan fan? whatever... you should be forced to watch every texan game with bud adams' naked ass draped across your face.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

When Tennessee wins the superbowl in Houston, all the bitter fans that abandoned the Oilers will be the ones with the rose colored view. But it doesn't have to be that way. We'll accept you back. You still have Oiler blood in you.

12. Hey Now!

the oilers were the ones doing the abandoning, not the fans; and no, i don't have oiler blood in me, nor does the franchise. there's no longer any connection between the two.

13. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Once they Oilers left town, that was it for me. Yes, it still pains me to see highlights of the Buffalo, Denver and KC choke. But if they win the Superbowl, (that's a big if) I won't want to come back. I have a team the Texans. And they Flaming Thumb tacks have an A-hole owner in Bud, and they (the Titan fans and the old oiler fans that stuck with them) can have them.

14. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

It has been long enough that I don't even think about the Titans having been the Oilers. The Oilers, to me, are just gone.

It's not even a connection to the players anymore. There are what? Three former Oilers on the Titans squad now?

In the end, I'm glad they made the name change, if they were still the Oilers, it would have been harder to quit being a fan of the team itself. I know I watched nearly every Tennessee Oilers game on DirecTV, but once they were the Titans, I was able to make a clean break.

15. Hey Now!

btw, the game is in houston, not new england (re: the thread's title).

16. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

BTW, the domain HoustonOilers.com is for sale... ;)

17. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I think I briefly owned OilersFootball.com. Also once had GoSpurs.com thinking I could make a site for my beloved Spurs as good as this one. And then I realized that was going to be impossible and gave up and sold off the domain.

18. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

We pull the truest upset to date, get the first 2 game win streak in franchise history, and beat 'em by a touchdown.

Win at Home.

19. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Texans win 17-13

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Ditto.

Man, I lived and died by how the Oilers did on Sunday when they were here. If they won, I was happy all week and if they lost, I was depressed all week. Seriously.

They ripped my heart out when they left.

"I know it was you Bud Adams. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!"

I'm not quite there with the Texans (yet) because I haven't been devastated by a loss yet, if that makes sense. You have to go through ups and downs with a team before you can really be a true fan IMO. Once we become a consistant contender, I'm sure I'll feel the same way about them as I did about the Oilers.