1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans at Buccaneers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Well, this isn't the TB of last year. Do we have a shot against TB and the a-hole Sapp?

2. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

If Carr and DD play, yes.

3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I agree, if DC and DD play, we should be money, however, if we don't, I suspect another Shutout...

I never realized how freakin' valuable Tony Banks was until Ragone Played last week...

If DC & DD Play:
    Texans: 21
    Bucs: 20

If they Don't:
    Texans: 0
    bucs: 24

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

If Carr and DD play

Texans 21
    Bucs 17

Without Carr and DD

Bucs 31
    Texans 0

Ragone 6/25 60yds sacked 7 times (Rice 5sacks) 4Ints
    Hollins 18carries 22yds 2 fumbles
    Johnson 2rec 18yds

5. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Texans have thrown in the towel.
    We are playing for a draft pick.
    We lose.

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Yeah it seems if they are putting everyone on the IR. I think I read earlier that Aaron Glenn is being put on there today.

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The Texans have a chance to make NFL history. If they win this game, it should put the Bucs out of playoff contention. I believe this would be the first time in NFL history that both Superbowl teams fail to make the playoffs the next season...

8. Rockets34Legend

Yep. Gone for the year.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2286610

Glenn opts for groin surgery

The Texans got reacquainted with a potential star Wednesday and said their farewells to another. As expected, Pro Bowl cornerback Aaron Glenn was placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the season.

Glenn, who will undergo surgery today to repair his injured groin, is the second player the Texans have placed on IR this week (after linebacker Charlie Clemons) and the 14th this season.

"It's time to get it fixed," Glenn said. "The doctor said he couldn't see how I was playing with it like it was. I rode it for as long as I could, but the wheel finally came off. This will only drive me to get better next year. I played on it, but I wasn't at my best."

If it's possible to soften the blow of losing a player of Glenn's caliber, at least the Texans could look forward to the return of rookie linebacker Antwan Peek, who returned to full participation at practice for the first time since suffering a serious toe injury four weeks ago.

Coach Dom Capers said either Peek or veteran Steve Foley would start at Clemons' right outside linebacker position Sunday at Tampa Bay. Peek, a third-round pick, started three games there when Clemons was injured earlier this season.

"It felt good," Peek said of his toe. "I wasn't quite 100 percent, but it felt a lot better. I think I can come out and play. I'm ready to go. I've been thinking about it all week; really ever since I've been hurt. I've been tired of watching everyone else play. I'm ready to get back out there and play. I'm ready to go out these last three games and give it everything I've got."

Glenn gave the Texans everything he had for as long as he could, but the season-long injury finally got the best of him last week at Jacksonville. The two-time Pro Bowl cornerback, who had played in all but seven of his team's games during the first nine seasons of his career, sat out two games earlier this season and will miss the final three. The Texans signed tight end Matt Murphy off the Detroit Lions' practice squad to fill Glenn's roster spot.

"(The doctors) felt it needed surgery, and Aaron said, `Let's get it done as quick as we can,' " Capers said. "He wants to be back rehabbing as soon as possible, and we think that's by far the best course of action."

Glenn, whom the Texans acquired in the 2002 expansion draft, gave them an instant playmaker and one of the best cover cornerbacks in the NFL. He led the Texans with five interceptions -- he returned two for touchdowns -- last season and was named to his second Pro Bowl team. This season, Glenn had one interception and was second on the team with 11 passes defended despite playing in just 11 games.

"People have told me that they thought I played well, but I still feel like I left some plays on the field," Glenn said. "There were a lot of plays that I could have made, and that's what eats at me.

"I'm going to get it fixed, start my rehab and get back to doing the things I know I can do. Each week when the injury report comes out and I'm listed as doubtful, I always tell coach Capers, `Don't count me out.' This time, they're finally going to have to count me out."

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yep. Most mock drafts have us taking either Sean Taylor or Vince Wilfork.

10. Rockets34Legend

That would be awesome if we got Sean Taylor. Taylor and Foreman running the defense...not bad.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

As everyone else has said: If we have DC and DD...then yes we have a chance.

12. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yes Sir! Taylor is another Ed Reed type of player. He can help u on special teams by blocking kicks and when he picks one off he is a threat to run it back. We have 0 defensive TDs this year which means lack of playmakers.

13. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Otherwise, nope.

14. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

My vote is nope

15. Chip123456

Chip123456 Member

ay A-Train, i'm not tryin to be a smartass or anything but Pats and rams didn't make the playoffs last year, right.

16. wstar

wstar Member

Ragone and Domanick to start. Carr is backup. Fatty Sapp is inactive.

17. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Was Capers worried that if he did use all 3 timeouts before halftime they would penalize him? What the hell was that?

18. Uprising

Why didn't Carr start? I remember reading how Carr was trying to fight the organization to allow him to start this weekend.

19. Uprising

why the heck are we playing Ragone? Carr not ready?

Ragone sucks..man this is so sad to watch. Why the hell do you throw the ball 6ft when you need 13ft?

20. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Ragone didn't play as bad as the stats indicate, if AJ knew how to catch the ball he would have completed three long passes, he throws a nice deep ball.