1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Laremy Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

56.1%
  2. NO

43.9%
  1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I think that still remains to be seen. If he's an anchor at LT for Deshaun without the awful and untimely penalties, sure. We don't know that yet

Nook likes this.
  2. vince

vince Member

Tunsil is over eager. He knows he’s playing for one of the richest LT contracts in the league, maybe he wants the absolute most money.

The false starts are correctable; his playing a mean tough LT spot is awesome.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

No. It's the pro bowl.

Nook and Gray_Jay like this.
  4. conquistador#11

As of now and as long as Deshaun stays healthy, the first rd picks will be closer to Second rounders. Tunsil is also 5 seasons away from turning 30 years of age. Someone of Tunsil's talent would be almost impossible to grab within the first 10 picks of the draft, plus a season or two for said rookie's development.
    Felt it was a nice deal then not knowing what Stills had in him as a receiver. I feel even better about the deal now.

I don't know what people want,
    A franchise LT is a must.
    The only thing I could see done differently is maybe they should have gone after Brown harder and kept those picks, considering Tunsil will be getting paid anyways.
    The option of going after Brown was very popular around here and with some former players, Wade Smith sold me on him and he wasn't wrong. Brown grabbed the other probowl bid.

TheFreak likes this.
  5. Marteen

Marteen Member

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Per usual, Texans 'fans' have taken the improved pass protection this year for granted.

Much like the refs... people only really notice the pass protection when its bad.

body slam, Rudyc281 and Uprising like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. showa13

showa13 Member

The false starts are bad, but you take it knowing there’s a greater than 90% chance Deshaun doesn’t get hit by Tunsil’s assignment. And you’re not getting a player who’s as good as Tunsil is where we’d be drafting. This has by far been the best move GM BOB has made.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

We can love the player but not the trade. I know some don't like compartmentalizing like that but I do. For instance, I can love a brand new house but hate the purchase (if it costs more than I think I should have paid). Also, I can love a player and not think he is one of the best two tackles in the league. He is not. I'm happy for Tunsil, he has made a big difference to the line and keeping Watson upright. I would love to cut the penalties, but he is still a really good tackle.

On the day of the trade, I am on record saying Stills was the steal of the trade. if you break down 2 firsts for Tunsil and a 2nd for Stills; that's a bargain for Stills. Texans have a poor man's WR1 playing WR3. Too much for Tunsil in my opinion. But he is a Texan and he makes the Texans better and I'm happy.

Nook and coachbadlee like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Worth everything

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Feel free to disagree with the premise, but it's amazing to me that people still fail to grasp the paradigm.

We bought an awesome cool toy on our credit card and still haven't received the first bill from the credit card company.

Until that credit purchase is paid off, declaring it a settled issue is ridiculous.

Nobody ever said Tunsil was a bad player.

Nook, CometsWin, Mr. Clutch and 5 others like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Very well put, sadly it will b disregarded by BoB fans.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Fans of Morey and Lunhow should understand this. In terms of asset management, it hasn't been good. We improved in the short term, but the question is the next 5 years.

Nook likes this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dude. 3 picks. That's all.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You trade unknown assets for a know quantities. One of those will probably one of your top 3 offensive players at Premium position for atleast 6 years after this one. It was a good trade.

16. Mr. Clutch

4. Two of them being first rounders

17. body slam

body slam Member

Which 4?

18. Mr. Clutch

Two firsts, a second and a third

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Ottomation talks about dopes who judge the trade before the results are ultimately in and Mr. Dopey comes in to exemplify the point.

Nook likes this.
  20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

A 3rd round that is replaced by another 3rd. 3 picks. Get over it. They are not coming back. Low first round picks are worth it for a Franchise LT.

No Worries likes this.