1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrorist Attack in Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 27, 2015.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

They do seem to know that they cannot currently locate the guy, which is apparently the basis for pretty much everything else they do not know.

However, the Colorado Springs police have flatly stated that this had nothing to do with the Planned Parenthood clinic. I am sorry if you are upset to discover that the actual facts defy the preferred leftist narrative on this, but it is what it is.

2. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

You should never feel embarrassed because you don't understand those who think God wants them to kill people.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You've been here for less than a month. Who are you again?

4. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

At least 9 injured so far :(

Sounds like the police have rescued a fair number of hostages and are now in an active shootout with the terrorist. Rumor has it he is a conservative KKK member who hates black lives matters and liberals, but let's wait until more information is released.

5. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

If you actually read the timeline in the article you posted, you'll notice it was updated since police made that statement (which I pasted). No one has made any demands or statements -- but I'm sure we will all know soon enough.

If there was a "leftist narrative" it would be about how the killer was a victim of class oppression and acted out in a demonstration of "false consciousness." It's 2015, Mojoman. Amazon has a cloud reader for Kindle, and most out-of-copyright works are free. That means with any OS, you can read all the Marx you want for free, and know what a "leftist narrative" actually is.

6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I use to live in Baltimore

7. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

But why did you have to create a new account?

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

its my one and only account

9. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

By saying you're from Baltimore, are you implying you know me personally? If so, shoot me an email or message me on Facebook.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Say what you want to, it has not been updated with anything that contradicts what I posted above. The police have flatly stated that this had nothing to do with Planned Parenthood.

I have seen reports elsewhere that it was a bank robbery gone bad, but that has not been confirmed by any identifiable source so far.

I know you guys love a good lynch-mob frenzy more than almost anything, but what do you say that we try to act responsibly here and wait for some facts about this, for a change?

11. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

The officers have reported the shooter was shooting at passing cars.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

A supposed witness weighs in on MSNBC (Twitter):

"All the shooting went down at the Chase bank," which is next door to Planned Parenthood, a witness said on #MSNBC
    I am taking this report with many grains of salt, considering the shakiness of the source.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

MojoMan hoping like hell this guy isn't some right wing nutjob.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And you're hoping like hell that it is.

You guys are pretty twisted. Does it matter if he went on a rampage because he doesn't like Planned Parenthood or if it was because he doesn't like capitalism, or if it was because he's an ISIS member?

The justification of the terrorist almost never matters.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This "witness" is likely dead wrong. Another report says people were fleeing the shooter at PP and escaping to the bank. Shooter may have hostages and IEDs at PP, which is why they haven't gone in to kill him already.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't understand why people are so eager for a terrorist to be from one religion or not from that religion.

Actually I guess I do understand why, and it's a sad state of affairs. I think no matter what this shooter is thinking when he's doing it, I think we can all agree it's awful.

It's one instance where pretty much every side of the political spectrum should be able to agree that it's pure crap, and awful. It's sad that people from either side try and make sure he's on somebody on their own team or is definitely on the other team.

1 person likes this.
  17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Cometswin not caring about who it is before joining in with the leftist lynch mob.

And what will you say if this turns out to be some local hood that tried to rob the bank next door?

Let me guess. At that point, the leftists will once again queue up the "gun control" talking points, yet again. {yawn}

18. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

If the shooter is white, it's not terrorism.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nope. I haven't said a thing but you're the biggest sociopath on this site. Your failure to acknowledge that your opinions are colored by sick **** pretty makes you a particularly irrelevant poster but keep on posting twenty times per day to desperately fill that void in your soul. ;)

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Uhh.. Pretty sure that "gun control" argument is going to happen regardless, when a whack-job with a gun caps 8 people.

Seriously, it's insane that we let this crap happen in this country and do nothing about it (also, it's pretty incongruous to me that the biggest gun rights activists seem to also be the biggest p*****s when it comes to allowing refugees into this country, but that discussion is for a different thread).