1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terror attack on London Bridge June 3 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jun 3, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Islamic terrorism was also one of my possibilities. I simply was waiting for more facts and your lack of knowledge armed confrontations between Greek groups and Turks doesn't make my response ridiculous. What other ignorances of yours do you wish to highlight?

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think devoted Christian in the US who bought into the "war on Christian" theme should get this. How often did Fox News play the "war on Christian" theme. What did that do to *some* of them? Much hate resulted. Now imagine expanding that to Islam as whole, with actual world leaders... they should get it.

It is also somewhat ironic. There are some scholar that believe, not just proximity, but that EU's relatively less religious freedom than the US is contributing to the terrorists problem. I can understand that to some point.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seriously, if a bunch of suburbanite Christians are offended when people say 'happy holidays' instead of 'Merry Christmas', imagine if world leaders in the west start just ******** on the Bible by listing all the misogynistic and violent verses. I think there would be some upset Christians and I really don't know what it would accomplish besides spreading division and hate.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

...and in doing so, you tried to reduce the focus on Islamic terrorism being the overwhelmingly obvious response. You tried to make them out to be equally viable possibilities. You're simply virtue signaling in an attempt to appear politically correct.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

SMH... now Trump uses the tragedy in London to go after gun control... shameless.

6. fchowd0311

Like I said in another thread...

He's like a dumb Frank Underwood.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Baffled that guy is still allowed to tweet. And even more baffled peopel actually elected this moron.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

9. fchowd0311

He has the same level of nuance that some of my fellow former GED Marine grunt peers post on facebook.

10. fchowd0311

It's confirmed. You think we are stupid. The last link is a sensationalist headlien that doesn't match the article's content. The first is what I would think most Muslims would say - "My religion has nothing to do with terrorism". Why would you think they would say otherwise? Will Christians say their religion is inherently terroristic?

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Because they have a brain?

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Well, ATW was responding to someone saying "I don't know of anyone pretending that Islamic terrorism has nothing to do with Islam.", which ATW debunked with articles.

He probably didn't even need to post articles, I'm sure everyone has seen hundreds of "terror has no religion, Islam is the religion of peace" comments from Muslims.

13. fchowd0311

I know people who are more accomplished than you with computer engineering DOCTORATE degrees and pediatricians who would say that. They have brains the last time I checked... more competent ones than yours if I had to bet.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And now that Trump has politically exploited a tragedy and insulted our closest allies, its time for a round of golf...

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You have to seperate basic intelligence from religous indoctrination. Posted here before about my experience in Italy, I know a ton of extremely well-educated Muslims who simply turn their brains off as soon as religion is involved.

I'd somehow argue that their brains can't be that "competent" if they blindly believe in fairytales and books, the critical-thinking parts of their brains seem to be deactivated at one point.

16. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Teresa May put it most succinctly - "We have tolerated intolerance far too long."
    It's also interesting that the vast majority of terror attacks occur in countries where politically correct tolerance is in vogue.

17. fchowd0311

I'm of the mindset that actionable work defines intelligence more than ideology.

I'm going to trust someone being more intelligent if they are a professor teaching engineering DiffyQs and Signals and Systems to college students than a neck beard atheist even if that signals and systems proffesor is wearing a hijab.

18. fchowd0311

Like in Afghanistan, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, Northern Africa in general and nearby nations? Ya those countries do experience a lot of terror attacks.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So are you saying that that terrorism has nothing to do with Islam?

If not, then why does it matter whether a professor teaching engineering says so?

It's fascinating to observe how your intellect struggles with what you have been brainwashed with from early childhood. For a while, the intellect was on top. Recently, it's back to circling the wagons and defending Islam.

I understand the emotional component of it.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They experience a lot of Islam.