1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terror attack on London Bridge June 3 2017

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that was actually my first thought when I saw it. Hopefully we won't get to the point where we have to add the time as well as the date for these kinds of things.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, it is humorous that you think any possibility I presented was foolish. I later posted a partial list of the large amount of evidence to show that the options posted in real time were based on actual activity and greivences in the area. So anyone who is making fun of that is only golrifying their own ignorance. I don't mind. Like I said, it's so silly that is humorous.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Terrible. Thoughts a prayers.

A friend of mine was about 3 blocks from the bridge at the Shard this afternoon so this is pretty scary stuff I know it.

The usual suspects here trolling for a political knife fight. Its a shame. I've said my thoughts on terror attacks like this before, and I'll say it again. The US and our allies are in the process of pushing back ISIS out of their last few strongholds in ISIS and they will eventually be pushed out of Syria as well. This can't be stated enough. Counter terrorism experts have been saying for months that we should expect a sharp uptick in these desperation attacks due to them trying like hell to hold onto relevance.

Please don't act like we aren't doing anything and its not working. Taking their land, and their funding is the major first step. This is sad, scary, and dangerous, but its going to continue to happen. We are lucky that we haven't had anything in months here in the US. Feel fortunate that we have the Atlantic ocean separating up, and top notch intelligence officials.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What you said WAS foolish, and that's why people made/are making fun of you for it. Just take the hit and learn from your mistake kiddo. You'll only make things worse to keep trying to spin it into you really being right or whatever.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So you actually think that if ISIS were to be militarily defeated in Syria and Iraq, terror attacks like this would stop?

The problem is Islam itself, not just Syria and Iraq.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

Can you guys just for once give it a rest. People don't come into this thread just to hear you guys bicker for the thousandth time. I don't care who started it. Just stop.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh what a difference a year makes

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So were these attackers "alienated mainstream Muslims", and this is all Trump's fault?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that's how they'll spin it but he was trying to show how London doesn't have a problem with terrorism due to their tolerance and how they don't "alienate mainstream Muslims". He was basically saying that Trump and those who think that western liberal values are incompatible with Islam were proven wrong by how well things were going in London. You can bet that quote will come back to haunt him as his tolerant city keeps getting hit by terrorist attacks. Turns out "hope" and "tolerance" doesn't really stop terrorism.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't really think anything stops it, other than Israel-level security checks everywhere. Terrorism will exist as long as Islam exists in its current form. It will exist even beyond that time, but Islam is the biggest reason for terrorism right now.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's no level of security that can stop it completely, Islamic religious terrorism will exist until Muslims completely reject the use of terrorism similar to how the Irish people turned on the IRA when they finally got fed up with the bombings. I'm not sure how long it'll take Muslims across the world to get there, but that's the only thing that can stop it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As I mentioned, they would get worse. At least the incidents such as this like driving trucks into crowds. Terrorism isn't going away any time soon, but it surely shouldn't discourage efforts of what us and our allies are doing to ensure they cannot establish a caliphate where they hold land, can tax or use local oil as financial lever of power to ensure they never hold the resources to be as relevant as even the Taliban.

Fighting the ideology to prevent home grown recruitment is a whole other topic. At the very basic sense you are trying to prevent young people from becoming disenfranchised rebels with a slice of homicidal tendencies from being radicalized.

I'll let you guys argue how things like the travel ban help or hurt that cause but I don't want to go there now. No need to get into a political debate right now.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Agreed.

Agreed. You have to fight the ideology. The ideology of Islam.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Europe - open your eyes. This won't get better with your current approach of ignoring the root cause.

cml750 likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It is rather interesting to observe the press in certain Muslim countries after attacks like this.

Are you leftists even aware that much of the press e.g. in Erdogan's dictatorship cheers such terror attacks?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/80...-Travel-Turkey-Manchester-Arena-Ariana-Grande

‘You can die’ Turkey's Erdogan backers say ‘dangerous’ Britain DESERVED Manchester bomb
    VILE tweets from pro-Government Turks have insinuated Britain deserved the Manchester bombings - after 22 innocent concertgoers were slaughtered.

[​IMG]TWITTER

Turkish people support vile #DoNotGoToEngland hashtag
    Suicide bomber Salman Abedi detonated an improvised device at Manchester Arena as happy singing children left an Ariana Grande concert with their parents.

About 119 people are injured, 20 critically, after the blast sent nails flying into the bodies of people exiting the pop concert.

And sick Turkish trolls, many who support President Erdogan, began calling for a boycott of the UK, using memes of the Royal Family, photographs of Manchester and images of the EU flag.

Many said England was a "likely target" as the hashtag #DoNotGoToEngland trended over nine hours in Turkey.

Some said simply "F*** England" while others said terror is "like a boomerang" and would come back to the UK eventually.

[​IMG]GETTY

Manchester terror: 22 people killed as Turkish people start cruel hashtag
    Others said the nation could not keep its "own children" safe - and some implied it was deserved as revenge for the British action in Middle Eastern countries.

One wrote: "Europa is being punished for supporting terrorism #DoNotGoToEngland

"Yesterday to US.

"Today to YOU."

Another said: "If you want to live a long time. Don't go to England do not too dangerous. I canceled (sic) my ticket."

[​IMG]Twitter

Manchester bombing happened because of the actions of the UK - Turkish people claim
    Turkey is no stranger to terror attacks with multiple Islamic State (ISIS) fanatics killing innocent people in their country in recent years.

The country is also blighted by fighting from the Kurdish PKK in the border regions with Syria.

Many of those using the hashtag appeared to be pro-Government supporters of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

One man wrote: "Every day people die in Syria, Palestine, Iraq. Who's the killer? america, Britain, russia, France, Germany."

One woman said she was not affected by the attack.

She said: "I was as upset as the British were sorry for us."

Others wrote England is "going be the most dangerous country in Europe".

https://www.turkishminute.com/2017/...chester-attack-result-of-uk-support-for-isil/

In its front page story on Wednesday, Güneş said: “They [the UK] are reaping the harvest of what they have sown.”

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We know that both ISIS and Al Qaeda have called for increased attacks during Ramadan. It probably won't help the investigation to track down other people, but if there is a way to find out who was frequently visiting areas or websites where that kind of rhetoric was happening, future attacks may be prevented. I hope they learn everything they can about this attack and how to prevent any further attacks since Ramadan has only been going on for a few days.

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Religion of peace strikes again.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Nonsense. Radical Islam has been around for decades. We destroyed Al Qaeda and look what that did for us. We have attacks in the US inspired by ISIS. We will continue to have these attacks as long as we have governments ran by these extremists.

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Need that travel ban permanent and now.

cml750 likes this.