1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tech Companies > Political Parties

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jul 31, 2020.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I don’t think it’s about vilifying them. It’s the system that is enabling them to be as wealthy as they are while we don’t have things most other countries have like universal health care.

A good example to me is Walmart workers being on food stamps because they qualify for them even when employed their. And where do you think they use their SNAP cards? At Walmart duh. So taxpayers subsidize Walmart’s low wages with food stamps then they freaking use them in the store. It’s ridiculous. While the Waltons continue to stack billion after billion.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But without Walmart, there would be no Walmart employees.
    People CAN work at other jobs. Nobody is forcing people to work at one job.

Nobody is stopping people from working at walmart, or any place.

People have to choose their career path, the government or the company shouldn't act as their parents.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

You are obviously talking about lower skilled jobs. obviously an executive at Walmart makes more than a greeter at Walmart.
    Is that fair? yes. Each job requires a skillset and it's up to that individual to acquire that skillset to obtain that job and pay grade.

Like the NBA, why does James Harden make more money than dudes on the Vipers? Also why do people care if he drops $4000 on a stripper?
    people who claim they are 'righteous' say he should take that money and save poor people.

No, he should do whatever he wants with it cause he earned the money for having the skillset that pays him that money.

Also, it's only fair to audit rich people? what about poor people? should they not spend their money. on cigarettes or alcohol?

Same rule applies, no moral police. They can spend their cash on whatever they want.

The lack of individual thinking in the world today is alarming. group think is prevalent like a bunch of insects.

there are leaders and followers. it's looking like everyone is a follower. except for a few ..

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah bro because the system that is in place is the absolute best system. Incapable of improvements. And there are jobs resulting in what I just stated which is taxpayers subsidizing billionaires.

Are you capable of having an nuanced conversation? This is a basketball forum but i bet if you really wanted you are capable of critical thinking.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

apparently you don't like the results of what is real.

billionaires didn't become billionaires out of thin air. companies don't appear out of thin air.

what's the system? minimum wage?

I had a minimum wage job before, so have many people here. It served a need at the time and the skillset at the time.

was it fair being paid so low? yes. because the job was easy as dirt.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...food-stamps-medicaid-minimum-wage-2020-11?amp

read this and a few articles. It’s not okay this happens. It’s a waste of money in several different ways.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It is not that simple. Things like the minimum wage is not been paced with inflation in a very long time. The richest people in this country are richer in comparison to their lowest paid workers then ever in the past.

If those things are ok with you and apparently they are. That’s fine. But it results in taxpayers subsidizing their pay while the richest like Bezos and the Waltons are richer than the richest people were in past decades and it keeps the gap continues to grow larger. All I’m saying is it should not be going in that direction while the above is going on. And while we have so many poor with no Heath insurance. If Canada Japan Germany etc etc etc

Again if you’re cool with that great. I’m not and if it doesn’t eventually things will come to a head. And people rioting as has been shown this year will get worse I promise you that.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

You realize that if you work for McDonald's you should know you are not working a high paying job with lots of benefits.
    McDonald's is a company with franchises and they have a business model and pay grades and benefits like every company.

Also have you been to McDonald's lately? What's the average age of the workers there? What's the breakdown of adult vs teenagers?

When you get a job, the company clearly tells your pay and benefits. for example if I decided to go to the army and they send me to war, i can get shot by the enemy. i believe individuals should understand what they choose their occupation.

Bernie Sanders also pops a blood vessel every time Tesla or Amazon stock goes up.
    @Os Trigonum

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I worked a minimum wage job before. I knew what I was getting into and I understand why.

So McDonald's is not a tech company. But they have increased the technology. They have kiosk now and autopay and the low wage workers don't have to take your order or money, they just give you your food and say welcome to mcdonalds.

Jeff Bezos is not a villain neither is Ray Kroc who founded what we know today as McDonald's.

I bumped this thread cause Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google just destroyed an entire political party.
    The real power in the world is the tech companies.